Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    On my 700w, I believe the backup files created by Sprite had an extension of ".pbf". On the 700wx, it seems they are ".exe". Does that sound right?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Yes
    You can choose to have either of them, exe is self restoring file, and it is more handy.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    How are you choosing to have them be self-restoring? I see where the setting is but when I check it off and hit OK, I get some kind of alert (can't see what it is though because it's blank).
    Open Sprite Backup in Advanced Mode, Tap "Options">"Backup Options">"General Backup options", if that Create a self-restore Backup file option is uncheck, then it should create a pbf backup file.
    Oh yes, exe is sooo much nicer. I changed that setting on my 700w right away! I also noticed when I loaded sprite on my 700wx, I didn't have to change the setting
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whenpigfly View Post
    Open Sprite Backup in Advanced Mode, Tap "Options">"Backup Options">"General Backup options", if that Create a self-restore Backup file option is uncheck, then it should create a pbf backup file.

I see where you can set that up but my Sprite backup is acting really funky (see screenshot). If I select that option and click ok, I get a blank alert and it won't keep the option checked. It's really weird.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That happened on my 700w too. I don't think I ever resolved it on that device and just kept creating the .pbf files. It didn't really matter since I had the app on the same card as the .pbf file and the self-restoring files are larger, of course.

Self-restore was the default on my 700wx. Maybe you should reinstall the app and see if that fixes it.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Tried the reinstall thing already - same problem. I'd like to download Sprite from Palm's site to see if it's any different from the version that shipped with my VZW 700wx, but I still can't download it from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    I see where you can set that up but my Sprite backup is acting really funky (see screenshot). If I select that option and click ok, I get a blank alert and it won't keep the option checked. It's really weird.
    My Palm-supplied version for the Spint phone does not look like that. Something seems to be wrong.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I just tried uninstalling Sprite and reinstalling using the version I was finally able to download from Palm's site. I'm still having the same exact problem as before. This is driving me nuts. Can one of you guys with a Verizon Treo 700wx please post a screenshot of what your screen looks like under Backup Options?
    Here's images of my Sprite Config...

It's the default config. I still have to modify to exclude pIE temporary internet files, cache, etc.

BTW, I'm using Sprite's backup from their website, not Palms. I didn't bother to look at the CD and I was already familiar with Sprite from my previous device (iPaq H5555). Since I purchased one before, I was eligible for a discounted upgrade, so purchased it.