Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been searching for an app like the one I describe below for a few years now. MortScript seems capable of doing it.

No matter how well you have your device running, you still can't beat a few well-timed soft resets throughout the day. It just keeps things running better. And yes, all of this resetting IS because I have tons of apps loaded...and that's the way I like it! I didn't pay big bucks for this thing to be a phone with a really cool calendar! With that said, here is my dream...

It should let the user designate an interval to soft reset every x minutes. When the scheduled time comes to reset, the app MUST be able to throw up a "Cancel" dialog so that you can cancel the reset if you are in the middle of doing something on your device. But if the device gets no cancel command after, say 15 seconds, it goes forward with the soft reset. That's it! That's all! Nothing more is needed.

I have seen all of the soft-reset applets and schedulers on places like Handango and I have trialed them all. They don't work like the above description. Since I have the god-awful Goodlink on my 750, I would love to schedule a soft reset for every 60 minutes and then my Treo would always be ready to go. Thanks in advancefor any help or ideas.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Here is a link to the Manual. Look up the following commands.

RunAt
    SleepMessage
    Reset

http://www.sto-helit.de/downloads/po...4.0-Manual.pdf
  3.    #3  
    Thanks hannip for taking the time to point that out. I will certainly give it the college try. I actually have read through the first 10 or so pages of the 4.0 manual and looked through a lot of the code posted here (especially the BT stuff). Unfortunately, it all looks greek. You guys have to understand that you are on a whole different level than those of us who have never programmed anything before. I know MortScript allows the effort to be dumbed down for people like me, but it still looks daunting. But I can try it before I ask any of you to take a swipe at it. But I'm afraid I will just be asking you guys a dozen questions a day fumbling through it on my own.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    It's simple, just install MortScript, edit a text file and throw some commands in there, save it with a .mscr file extension and run it to see the results. Just ask Sling, he'll tell you.

But seriously, if you have questions ask away. If you find it's just too much for you I'm sure one of us can throw it together for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    It's simple, just install MortScript, edit a text file and throw some commands in there, save it with a .mscr file extension and run it to see the results. Just ask Sling, he'll tell you.

But seriously, if you have questions ask away. If you find it's just too much for you I'm sure one of us can throw it together for you.
    We love to entertain each other with answers like these, so it ain't no bother.

I'd suggest that you start out with the trial and terror approach.

Create a simple script... call it RESET.MSCR. Put one line of code in it.

RESET

Then execute it. If you don't experience an ounce of accomplishment and a smidgoen of desire to add another line when she comes back up... then...

hannip will eventually cave and write the other 5 lines.

Seriously, most of what you need is the timing/scheduling code. Check what g-funkster posted in the xcast thread.. and scottie in the various chiming threads.

We all started with a single line of code that we "wrote" or with a section of code that we stole from someone else.

-- JDC
    Yeah, what jd said. Start with the Reset call, then try the SleepMessage before it with some logic to call Reset or not based on user input or lack there of.

I'd write it up for you, but it is more beneficial to try it yourself. If you find that you can do it then it will build on itself, you gain confidence and the next thing you know you are a fellow scripter whipping out apps left and right.
    ... a fellow scripter whipping out apps left and right.
    I dated a scripter once... after a few weeks, she said: "i font '2b' with another version of you"... then she wrote me the Riot Act... and her big brother whipped my app.

pa-dump, pum.<-- insert Chime.mscr here

-- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 03/12/2007 at 06:38 PM.

lol

I think we scared conekkted away.

lol

As Schwarzzenegger said when asked which classical pianist from history he wanted to play in his next movie...

He'll be Bach.

-- JDC

lol

well thought id try something similiar, based off scottymomos's hourly chime script.

Code:
    #
    # autorunmemmaid.mscr  Runs memmaid at specific time
    #
    #

# initialize variables
    CurrentHour = 0
    CurrentMinute = 0
    CurrentSecond = 0
    CurrentDay = 0
    CurrentMonth = 0
    CurrentYear = 0
    memmaidHour = 15
    memmaidMin = 54

#Figure out what year, month, and day it is
    GetTime ( CurrentHour, CurrentMinute, CurrentSecond, CurrentDay, CurrentMonth, CurrentYear )

#Set the Notification 
    # 
    If ((memmaidHour >= CurrentHour) or ((memmaidHour = CurrentHour) AND (memmaidMin >= CurrentMinute)))
    RunAt( CurrentYear, CurrentMonth, CurrentDay, memmaidHour,memmaidMin, "\Storage Card\Program Files\MemMaid\MemMaid.exe -q" )
    EndIf
    Its supposed to run memmaid at a specific time, but having trouble passing the -q parameter. Ive tried it like that, with a & " -q", and with a comma in between. anyone know what i am doing wrong?
    Code:
    RunAt( CurrentYear, CurrentMonth, CurrentDay, memmaidHour,memmaidMin, "\Storage Card\Program Files\MemMaid\MemMaid.exe", "-q" )
    You tried this?
    Hmm yea but there were two problems.. One I was supposed to use a "-Q" and two I shouldnt have used a " -q" with a space in it although it might work ok that way.

Now I put that in my startup dir and since every night the wx reboots, i should be set.

Thanks Hannip!
    # MEMMAID.mscr-MEMAID AUTO START FOR 1:00 AM
    # initialize variables
    CurrentHour = 0
    CurrentMinute = 0
    CurrentSecond = 0
    CurrentDay = 0
    CurrentMonth = 0
    CurrentYear = 0
    #Figure out what year, month, and day it is
    GetTime ( CurrentHour, CurrentMinute, CurrentSecond, CurrentDay, CurrentMonth, CurrentYear )
    If (CurrentHour < 1)
    RunAt( CurrentYear, CurrentMonth, CurrentDay, 1, 0, "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MemMaid QuickClean.exe" )
    Rerun = Timestamp()+86401
    RunAt( Rerun, "\Program Files\MEMMAID TIMER\MEMMAID.mscr" )
    EndIf

If (CurrentHour >= 1)
    EndIf
    Oh yeah lol
    I dont have a full mortscript install lol
    And Grrrr still missing something
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/13/2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Oh yeah lol
    I dont have a full mortscript install lol
    And Grrrr still missing something
    Hmm maybe :

If (CurrentHour < 1)
    RunAt( CurrentYear, CurrentMonth, CurrentDay, 1, 0, "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MemMaid QuickClean.exe" )
    EndIf

If (CurrentHour >= 1)

RunAt( CurrentYear, CurrentMonth, CurrentDay+1, 1, 0, "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MemMaid QuickClean.exe" )
    EndIf
    My time script is working yet

Notification/error
    Cannot execute
    "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MemMaid QuickClean.exe" )

So this would be a path issue
    Hmm
    drop a Memmaid shortcut into MEMAID TIMER folder maybe lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    pa-dump, pum.<-- insert Chime.mscr here
    lmao!!
  19.    #19  
    If I execute
    SleepMessage(10,"Click button to cancel Soft Reset","Soft Reset?",1)
    How can I capture whether the user clicked the button or just let the timer run out?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  20.    #20  
    Sorry for the bump, but I am stuck at this point.

If I execute
    SleepMessage(10,"Click button to cancel Soft Reset","Soft Reset?",1)
    How can I capture whether the user clicked the button or just let the timer run out?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast