Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Might not be very reliable but you could try

Code:
    t1 = TimeStamp()
    SleepMessage(10,"Click button to cancel Soft Reset","Soft Reset?",1)
    If ( (TimeStamp() - t1) < 10 )
      Exit
    Else
      Reset
    EndIf
    Edit: I tested it and it actually works very well.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/28/2007 at 04:42 PM.
    that's pretty fancy hannip very nice
  3.    #23  
    Yes hannip, that does work great. What a simple and wonderful solution. Thanks! So the last trick is how do I schedule it to run every, say 60 minutes? Does anyone know of a simple scheduler that will execute an app every x minutes? Or can I somehow set it up inside of the Windows Notification Queue?
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    I don't mean to burst your bubble, but zbop solved this problem for you already. Check out Tweakster. It lets you schedule many types of events, one of them being a soft reset. You can schedule it to occur at a specific time each day. Come help us beta test it!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139811

Download the files from here.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=14
  5.    #25  
    You didn't burst my bubble at all. This is a great project (Tweakster). I have downloaded it and will test it out. Thanks for the tip and the previous work, too!
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
  6.    #26  
    So, my eyes are starting to be opened to the limitless possibilities with Mortscript in conjunction with other tools (or just by itself). I have finally gotten a good handle on scheduling mortscript routines using SKSchema. SK is highly flexible and lets me do things I could never figure out by programming MortScript. Here is my last question in my quest to the perfect reset applet. So, the script that hannip basically wrote for me gives you a warning dialog that the device is about to soft reset. This lets you cancel it if you are in the middle of using your device. But there are a lot of times when I am on the phone in my car via BT headset and I am not looking at my phone. So it seems easy enough to write a IF WndActive( "Phone" ) then do not execute the soft reset. But is there a window name for an active phone call? I cannot figure it out.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    for the treo 700w...

CallActive = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Palm Active Call Count" )

If (CallActive > 0)
    CallFlag = 1
    SleepMessage (5, "Cannot reboot when a Phone Call is actve. Script will abort.")
    ... more code
    EndIf
    There is also HKLM System\State\Phone Status

The value is a bit field of the current state of the phone. For example you can check one of the bits to see if the phone is ringing. ScottyMomo uses this for his TreoVibe. I'm sure there is a bit for when a call is active also.

Code snippet

Code:
    x = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Status" )

If (x AND 65536)
      Message("The telephone is ringing.  You got me on the run...")
    EndIf
    See also this post.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...56&postcount=2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12