Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    further deleted by septimus
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 03/13/2007 at 05:39 PM.
    So in really lay-man's terms (for me anyway), what exactly is this reg-edit doing exactly?
    How is it conserving battery power?
    If this actually works, why isn't it by default already incorporated into the innards of the Treo 700Wx?
    How much of a benefit (juice-wise) is this reg-edit actually bringing to the table?
    Coming from a 700p, the battery life on the 700Wx is abysmal and pathetic, especially considering the fact that i'm using the same extended battery I pulled from the 700p.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
    For a portable mobile device, the longevity of the battery life and hours lasted by the battery before its power runs out. When using portable handheld device or mobile device such as PDA, portable media player, Pocket PC, Palm, Windows Mobile, MP3 Player, audio player, handheld gaming console, Smartphone, mobile phone, portable computer and others, it’s annoying if the battery is draining too fast, or the handheld device suddenly blackout as battery flat, or able to use your favorite gadget for just a few hours, not even able to standby for a complete day. Electronic gadget manufacturers have responded with higher capacity battery with advanced technology, such as usage of lithium ion battery.

If you’re using Windows Mobile 5 (WM5) handheld devices or PDAs, such as O2 Atom/Atom Pure/Exec/Stealth, Dopod 818Pro/838/838 Pro/900, T-Mobile Dash, Cingular 3125/2125/8125, Motorola Q/i930, T-Mobile SDA/MDA, SPV C600, Dell Axim X51v, HP iPAQ hw6920/hw6925, Palm Treo 750v/700wx/700w smartphone, Spring PPC 6700, iMate Jasjar, Pharos Traveler GPS 525 and etc, there is a simple registry trick and hack that will enable power management on several communications protocols to save and conserve the battery life, and thus extend and prolong the battery of the Windows Mobile devices.

To edit the registry in the Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs, you will to download and install the freeware PHM Registry Editor or Resco Registry Editor comes with Resco Explorer.

Once install the registry editor, launch the registry editor and navigate to the following registry branch, and edit or modify the respective registry value (all value in decimal):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\AsyncMac1\Parms]
    Default value type and value are
    “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:1
    Change to
    “DisablePowerManagement”=dword:0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Irsir1\Parms]
    Change to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\PPTP1\Parms]
    Change to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\L2TP1\Parms]
    Change to

After editing and changing the registry value, exit the registry editor. Wait for about 20 seconds and then switch off the PPC, and then switch on again. This step is important so that any registry modification will make permanent into the registry. Wait for a while again, and then soft reset (reboot) the PDA. Check if the registry settings have been changed correctly, and start using your Windows Mobile portable device to feel the significant power save which enhance the battery life longer.
    If you are going to copy and paste other peoples blogs word for word you should at least give them credit.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    If you are going to copy and paste other peoples blogs word for word you should at least give them credit.
    Yeah, and fix the grammar too...
    [ edit by septimus: trying to stop the sniping without closing the thread ]

stick to the subject fellas. The point here is what does this registry change do to enable the treo to have longer battery power.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 03/13/2007 at 05:41 PM.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    stick to the subject fellas. The point here is what does this registry change do to enable the treo to have longer battery power.
    Actually, the real point should be that the OP should have searched before he posted as this has been posted two other times already [ edited by septimus ]

(btw, most have not reported any benefits from these tweaks on the Treo, although it seems to works well on the Moto Q)

Link 1

Link 2

And citing your source is just curtious, something the OP is also not good at.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 03/13/2007 at 05:40 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Thanks Malatesta you provided the answer to the question that most people wanted to know. I guess I will have to experiment on each registry to see if it makes any difference. Reading the other forum post you had links for it seemed like on some peoples treo it made a difference and on others it didn't or they couldn't tell.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    This is a good thread re power management.

http://www.ppcsg.com/lofiversion/index.php/t83954.html
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    And the reason you know that it was posted on one board from another board was that the others credited the source!

I am not saying you need to write a bibliography, but get real.

Did you copy the above from someone else as well?
    whats the big deal here? he was obviously trying to help.
    bleh~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Treo View Post
    whats the big deal here? he was obviously trying to help.
    bleh~
    Thanks a lot for your contribution.

Since your new I will give you a couple of pointers for success;

1. Before you post, search to see if the topic has been discussed. 9.9/10 times it has. This is right in the FAQ and is universal to just about every forum on the net.

2. It is generally a good idea to cite the source when posting information from other sources. We learned this in school very early on, and while the analogy here is not direct- the same principles apply.

Welcome to the forums.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggie View Post
    I took this from another board, who took it from another board and so on...

Should I give credit to the husband of the mother of the son who wrote this blog too?

Stop being a jerk and go play with your mini-treo.
    stop crying! you should thank robber for the polite reminder, not flame him with such an immature come back. while your thread may have been well intentioned, you discredit your efforts with such a pointless reply.

this forum has been extremely helpful and a great online community to be part of, so let's keep out the drama. here's an example of a professional and measured reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Actually, the real point should be that the OP should have searched before he posted as this has been posted two other times already So thanks but no thanks genius.

(btw, most have not reported any benefits from these tweaks on the Treo, although it seems to works well on the Moto Q)

Link 1

Link 2

And citing your source is just curtious, something the OP is also not good at.

can a Moderator close this thread, please?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot for your contribution.

Since your new I will give you a couple of pointers for success;

1. Before you post, search to see if the topic has been discussed. 9.9/10 times it has. This is right in the FAQ and is universal to just about every forum on the net.

2. It is generally a good idea to cite the source when posting information from other sources. We learned this in school very early on, and while the analogy here is not direct- the same principles apply.

Welcome to the forums.

Robber,

While i am thankful for your welcoming comment, i am slightly annoyed by the sarcastic tone. Yes i am wasting space with this msg, but so were you in the 3rd post in this thread.

Rule #3: Stay on topic, don't post a comment to someone directly because you feel the need to exercise authority, when you can message them privately.

We all break rules don't we?
    Can we keep this thread focused on power management? I hereby enforce a group hug that ends the sniping.