1.    #1  
    So I went through the motions as adviced in the instructions and I got nothing. Nothing happened. Nothing changed. Nothing worked (in regards to the modem). I cannot get my computer to recognize my phone as a modem.

So what's the trick? This obviously isn't just working out of the box. Are there additional files or drivers to download? I'm using Windows XP Professional and a Cingular Treo 750 with 3G...
    Sal Collaziano
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 "dumb" phone > iPhone > Pre?
    cadillac | oldsmobile | buick | pontiac | lincoln | Madison Ross Media Group
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Bluetooth or USB? For USB, you supposedly do need a driver. I got Bluetooth to work without anything extra. Haven't tried USB yet.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    i just use pdanet with usb........

works flawlessly............i love it!
    when using the usb, what is the dial number I am suppose to use?
    PDANet. Awesome application. It is not necessary, but it supposedly hides the fact that you're tethering (using the Treo as a modem).

Would anyone happen to know as to how it does that if it's true?
  7.    #7  
    I never did get this to work right - but with PDANet, it works fine.. No big deal. I used to use PDANet on my 650...
    Sal Collaziano
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano View Post
    I never did get this to work right - but with PDANet, it works fine.. No big deal. I used to use PDANet on my 650...
    It is fairly easy to get the 750 to work as a modem for your laptop (ie, act as an internet connection). But it is spend $34 for PDANet then it is a simple hook up the usb cable and click connect - no modem driver to connect.

If you choose to not spend the $34 follow this link:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...K,Case=Obj(625)

It is from the Europe Palm site.

When you are prompted for a:
    username = WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    password = CINGULAR1

YOU MUST use all caps.

Hope that helps. REMEMBER - If you use PDANet all you do is install and go.
    You don't have to use all cap's, I never have and it works just fine for me.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Not sure if you guys experience the same thing or know of a way that I can disable it but the one thing I encounter is the dialup/modem popup when I am actually connected to wi-fi. For some reason, my computer cannot decide whether to use dialup or wi-fi and it gives me the prompt to dial my connection. Any ideas?
  11.    #11  
    Hmm.. I get an error at that link:

Solution ID:

If you were searching for a specific Solution ID, the number provided was incorrect. Please go back and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    It is fairly easy to get the 750 to work as a modem for your laptop (ie, act as an internet connection). But it is spend $34 for PDANet then it is a simple hook up the usb cable and click connect - no modem driver to connect.

If you choose to not spend the $34 follow this link:

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...K,Case=Obj(625)

It is from the Europe Palm site.

When you are prompted for a:
    username = WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    password = CINGULAR1

YOU MUST use all caps.

Hope that helps. REMEMBER - If you use PDANet all you do is install and go.
    Sal Collaziano
    Quote Originally Posted by phaijai View Post
    Not sure if you guys experience the same thing or know of a way that I can disable it but the one thing I encounter is the dialup/modem popup when I am actually connected to wi-fi. For some reason, my computer cannot decide whether to use dialup or wi-fi and it gives me the prompt to dial my connection. Any ideas?
    If this happens everytime your internet properties has been set to always dial your connection.

If it is just sometimes, like with me, it is set to dial when no connection is detected, which can happen when it momentarily loses the wi-fi connection, or something else times out.
    I have done this:

Installed USB driver (above) and then created a new connection (via wizard, on pc desktop).

The number PALM told me to use for dialing was *99#

This works flawlessly and why pay for 3rd party software if you can do the same thing for free, right?!