1.    #1  
    Looking for a good utility to keep my 750 clean from clutter and it looks like both of the apps are the most mentioned.
    Is one preferred over the other or work better on the 750?
    Which do you recommend and why?

Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Both are good. MemMaid is simpler to use and has fewer features. SKTools has a LOT of features and isn't hard to use, but you should be careful that you don't go too crazy erasing things or changing things with it unless you backup regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi View Post
    Looking for a good utility to keep my 750 clean from clutter and it looks like both of the apps are the most mentioned.
    Is one preferred over the other or work better on the 750?
    Which do you recommend and why?

Thanks
    MemMaid has a nicer interface and is good for cleanup activities, making simple changes to the system, terminating system processes. SK however, provides a much more robust set of tools like a excellent uninstall utility (which btw, is much much better than the standard windows uninstall), registry mods, duplicate notifications, etc, etc.

Both work just fine. I actually use both (MemMaid for quick cleanup, SK for everything else).
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  4.    #4  
    Sounds like its okay to install and run both for various tasks?
    I did notice that SKTools has an uninstall utility which I thought would be very good to have.
    Being a bit green in this area one of my fears is deleting something or changing something that could have ill affect on the daily use of my device.
    I did already install SKTools last night but I'm struggling a bit with all of the various options and the manual is quite vague.

If it's okay to have both apps installed, I'll give MemMaid a shot too!

Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Any thoughts? Which is better? I'm rapidly running out of storage memory on my 700wx.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I use both and both are both are really good apps.
    MemMaid is probably a little more user-friendly, and perhaps a little less capable than SKTools (i.e., few modules), but for memory management either will work well.
    Demo them and see which you prefer.
    xdalaw - in using both, what do you see as strengths/weaknesses between them. I only have SKTools, but I use it almost every day, just to remove any clutter and keep things humming. I'm not beyond picking up MemMaid if there's a good reason...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Hi Alienware-
    I use SKTools for my heavy duty tweaking/cleaning, while I use MemMaid for my daily maintenance stuff.
    But, with MM2, they have added even more "memory" modules and features than ever before. They certainly overlap one another in many respects, too.
    I have MM set to do a quickclean after each soft reset--which I'll often do multiple times a day after heavily testing and playing with various apps and setups. It also automatically cleans my notification que. I also prefer it's Reclaim RAM module which I also use regularly. I also prefer it's user-friendly interface a bit when I'm changing my today plugin order and deleting registry entries for those I don't need.
    SK is the one I use to dig out bad registry entries/values, for uninstallation of software, for benchmarking and optimizing my registry.
    For a power user, I'd probably choose SKTools. For a typical user, MM2 would do fine, and it does have some good higher power features, too.
    Just my 2cents.
    Thanks for the info
    END OF LINE
    Iíve been using Oxios Hibernate & CloseApps. Itís pretty good, & decreases the number of soft resets Iíll do in a given week. Iíve thought about using MemMaid as well but have read threads about users haphazardly deleting the wrong thing & bricking their phones.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I wouldn't worry about MemMaid. During installation/setup of version 2 it even asks if you want to keep it on "safe" mode to avoid deleting things you'll need later.
    I think SKTools is easier to mess up your machine with if you aren't careful.
    In either case, use Sprite or Spb Backup beforehand to make sure you have a good backup to restore if you did screw things up.
    Bricking it is not likely to happen when using either. At worst, a hard reset would get you going again.
    Thanks for the advice. I think I will try SK Tools!
    yeah, thanks xdalaw!
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    You're welcome. Good luck.