Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I did the patch from Microsoft's website and I'm all set. Everything seems to be in order now.
    I'm having problems.
    I ran all the microsoft updates as they specified.

Now my desktop time is off by one hour (auto update is checked)
    All my desktop appnts other than recurring are one hour back.

My treo's time correct.
    My treo's appointments are correct.

If an appoint shows at 9 on my desktop it shows 10 (correct) on my treo. If I move either, when it syncs the changes are still off on one or the other by an hour.

Would deleting the relationship between the computer and resyncing the treo help?

This is incredibly frustrating and I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    bump of despiration
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I'm having problems.
    I ran all the microsoft updates as they specified.

Now my desktop time is off by one hour (auto update is checked)
    All my desktop appnts other than recurring are one hour back.

My treo's time correct.
    My treo's appointments are correct.

If an appoint shows at 9 on my desktop it shows 10 (correct) on my treo. If I move either, when it syncs the changes are still off on one or the other by an hour.

Would deleting the relationship between the computer and resyncing the treo help?

This is incredibly frustrating and I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.
    Make sure that in the time settings on your PC that there is a check mark for the time to auto adjust for daylight savings time under the time zone tab.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    my problem is with outlook. the time changed on the pc clock. is there anything else besides running the patch for outlook that I should have done?

when I woke up sunday morning my (4smartphone) account had changed all the times in my calendar ok. it wasn't until I started working on my two pc's that I noticed the clandars times off. once they synced the bad times with exchange server my treo started showing the bad time thing.

why couldn't we just leave the whole dst thing alone? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Make sure that in the time settings on your PC that there is a check mark for the time to auto adjust for daylight savings time under the time zone tab.
    pc is set to auto. doesn't seem to make a difference. I tried switching time zones too like we had to do for the treos. I can forward the cpu clock by hand, but if I move the appointments, it also moves them an hour ahead on the treo. argh.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    why couldn't we just leave the whole dst thing alone?
    Aside from the obvious environmental/energy benefit, I heard microsoft's patch team was getting bored.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Let's face it - the whole DST, standard time, etc. thing has been a disaster. You simply cannot rely on your Treo to get you to your meetings on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Let's face it - the whole DST, standard time, etc. thing has been a disaster. You simply cannot rely on your Treo to get you to your meetings on time.
    This is really unfortunate. My whole outlook desktop is now a total mess. I'm of the mind to hard reset, wipe my desktop calendar and try to restore from my home machine which I think has the correct times.

Where are the Treo calendar files in the RAM?
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 03/12/2007 at 03:24 PM.
    I think "disaster" is a little extreme. Not to belittle your problems because if you are having trouble, it doesn't matter if no one else is having it. However, this thread hasn't had a lot of posts relative to the number of people who were affected by the DST change.

It all worked relatively flawless on my end. I have 3 laptops with one acting as a redirector for my company email/datebook. The only DST problem I've seen so far was with my DVR on Comcast.

My company has over 500K people and there has been very few issues reported. Outside of my own little world, I manage datacenters supporting many customers (over 30,000 UNIX and Intel servers and a proprotionate number of end user devices) and I've not heard one problem. It is more boring than Y2K.

Perhaps all of the troubles have not reached me or the national news. Is there a site where more complaints are posted?
    Woah, let's break it down, folks. First off, I can only speak to the Verizon Treo 700w and Verizon 700wx sync'ing with ActiveSync Exchange.

If you have a 700wx, there is no DST update you need to apply to the device. I don't care what Palm or M$ tell you. The fix is already built into the device. You can prove this by hard wiping the device. Turning off network time and setting the time to March 11th at 1:58AM and watch that it will go from 1:59AM to 3AM. I ran the M$ fix just for fun to see what happens and it messed up my calander by an hour (up I think).

Again, I am just talking about Outlook with ActiveSync Exchange, not local ActiveSync or anything.

At somepoint in the last month you may have applied WindowsXP-KB928388-x86-ENU.exe, which is the DST fix for XPSP2. When you ran that, and if you were paying attention, you would have seen that all your meetings on your calander during these three weeks (and the one week in Nov.) would have magically moved ahead one hour. From that point, if you scheduled a meeting, the times would be ok, but not for meetings scheduled before KB928388.

There was a outlook DST fix tool that you could run that would check out your meetings during those weeks and let you move them back an hour. (This was only for meetings that YOU were the originator, and it would send out reinvites.)

While your meetings were off by an hour on your desktop, they looked ok on your PDA only because the fix was not applied to your PDA to basically take that extra hour out. Once you did that, your meetings on your PDA for these three weeks are now off by an hour. However, they now should exactly match your desktop calander, which is also off by an hour unless you manually fixed them.

I hope this makes sense.. Once again, I am dealing with just Verizon 700w and 700wx syncing over the air with ActiveSync Exchange. That's all I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnstormer View Post
    Woah, let's break it down, folks. First off, I can only speak to the Verizon Treo 700w and Verizon 700wx sync'ing with ActiveSync Exchange.

If you have a 700wx, there is no DST update you need to apply to the device. I don't care what Palm or M$ tell you. The fix is already built into the device. You can prove this by hard wiping the device. Turning off network time and setting the time to March 11th at 1:58AM and watch that it will go from 1:59AM to 3AM. I ran the M$ fix just for fun to see what happens and it messed up my calander by an hour (up I think).

Again, I am just talking about Outlook with ActiveSync Exchange, not local ActiveSync or anything.

At somepoint in the last month you may have applied WindowsXP-KB928388-x86-ENU.exe, which is the DST fix for XPSP2. When you ran that, and if you were paying attention, you would have seen that all your meetings on your calander during these three weeks (and the one week in Nov.) would have magically moved ahead one hour. From that point, if you scheduled a meeting, the times would be ok, but not for meetings scheduled before KB928388.

There was a outlook DST fix tool that you could run that would check out your meetings during those weeks and let you move them back an hour. (This was only for meetings that YOU were the originator, and it would send out reinvites.)

While your meetings were off by an hour on your desktop, they looked ok on your PDA only because the fix was not applied to your PDA to basically take that extra hour out. Once you did that, your meetings on your PDA for these three weeks are now off by an hour. However, they now should exactly match your desktop calander, which is also off by an hour unless you manually fixed them.

I hope this makes sense.. Once again, I am dealing with just Verizon 700w and 700wx syncing over the air with ActiveSync Exchange. That's all I know.
    my appointments all appeared ok until today.
    I am not running exchange.
    I have a lot of appoints that are now ok on the desktop but an hour ahead on the device. Even the time change by hand won't stick on the treo. It bumps right back up an hour.

I just spent two hours on the phone with palm and still don't have a solution.

I think I'm going to have to hard reset and embarassingly have to fix many of my appointments and reconfirm them.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    my appointments all appeared ok until today.
    I am not running exchange.
    I have a lot of appoints that are now ok on the desktop but an hour ahead on the device. Even the time change by hand won't stick on the treo. It bumps right back up an hour.

I just spent two hours on the phone with palm and still don't have a solution.

I think I'm going to have to hard reset and embarassingly have to fix many of my appointments and reconfirm them.
    That's strange. (1) Are you syncing with outlook on your desktop? (2) Just to make sure, did KB928388 get installed on your desktop?

Now, once you apply the fix to the Treo 700w, I've seen where you actually have to go into the time, and switch timezones to get it to update the calander. (make sure the GMT changes. i.e. change from Central -5 to Eastern -6, going from Central -6 to Central America -6 won't work.) Then go back in and switch back. After a few minutes the entries will be updated.

If you have to, hard reset the 700w, sync with your desktop and the meetings should be 1 hour earlier then your desktop. Then apply the m$ patch and they should be ok (or try the timezone trick)
    Guys I and other Moto Q users are having the exact same issue, so this isn't a Treo issue but rather a WM5/Outlook one.

No solution here either outside of deleting and redoing all my repeating appointments.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    My Verizon 700wx, which had been patched, didn't automatically adjust for DST this past weekend. I had the radio turned off - as I was in a location with barely any signal. When I woke, the time was off by 1 hour. The time moved forward by one hour when I switched on the phone's radio. So much for the DST patches that I applied.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpezzella View Post
    My Verizon 700wx, which had been patched, didn't automatically adjust for DST this past weekend. I had the radio turned off - as I was in a location with barely any signal. When I woke, the time was off by 1 hour. The time moved forward by one hour when I switched on the phone's radio. So much for the DST patches that I applied.
    Here is another problem we discovered, here in the midwest anyway. US Cellular is doing network time wrong, so when our Verizon 700w's and wx's roam to US Cellular (which verizon has a roaming agreement with) US Cellular is sending the right network time, but they are setting the devices to Mountian Time (GMT -7) instead of Central (-6) It's really strange, but the time on the phone is actually right, but appointments come up an hour early, but as soon as it goes back to a Verizon tower, they go back. Maybe that is some of the problems some of you are seeing.
    i ran the outlook patch agian today. this fixed everything for me. hope everyone else get thier's fixed.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Was there anything else you might have done differently? I haven't gone back to the office to apply this yet. And, you are syncing with an exchange server or are you local?
    The solution in my case was a hard reset of the unit.
    Reinstall the patches on my computers
    Correct and update appoints by hand
    erase the sync relationships
    sync the treo with all boxes unchecked (mail, calendar, contacts, etc)
    install the patch on the treo
    resync all the pim data
    reinstall all the treo apps.

Total lost time...about five hours.
    It is frustrating!
    I dont know why, sometimes, not all the time, when i sync, my time goes back one hour on my treo.

i have to take off the battery and then let it connect to the time zone.

on another issue.
    my appointments in my treo were off by an hour. in my lotus notes it was fine.... I had to go in to time zone and change it from Indiana to eastern! then both my treo and lotus were fine.

what a hassle!
    andres
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast