1.    #1  
    Is it possible to have a bluetooth gps device (Garmin 10) and a bluetooth headset connected at the same time? I may have miscalculated thinking that I could use my GPS and talk handsfree at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Was Here View Post
    Is it possible to have a bluetooth gps device (Garmin 10) and a bluetooth headset connected at the same time? I may have miscalculated thinking that I could use my GPS and talk handsfree at the same time.
    Actually, i saw this question asked somewhere else and decided to give it a try.
    Coincidentally i was on a call with my sis using my BT stereo headphones. I turned on my Route 66 BT GPS receiver, started TomTom 6 and that was it.
    I was talking on a BT headset while using a BT GPS receiver at the same time.
    To answer your question, yes you can (at least in my experience).
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    I've done this too, with my Jabra BT150 and the Pharos iGPS BT adapter. Works fine for me.
    END OF LINE
    I use bluetooth GPS and a headset at the same time as well. GPS coordinates are transfered through a data channel and the headset has a dedicated audio channel. It should always work regardless of manufacturers.
  5.    #5  
    I did get my Garmin 10 (original version) and my Think Outside bluetooth mouse to work at the same time, but I'm still having problems trying to use my Plantronics 590 stereo headset with either of them separately, let alone all three at once.

I wonder if it is because the Plantronics needs a different version of bluetooth then the simple mouse or GPS so there is a conflict?

I would really like to have my VZW 700wx in its windshield mount for GPS navigation and be able to talk handsfree on my Plantronics while controlling the Treo with the mouse.
    I wonder if it is because the Plantronics needs a different version of bluetooth then the simple mouse or GPS so there is a conflict?
    I'm not a Bluetooth expert so I'm guessing but I believe different devices use different profile types depending on their function. Possibly it is using a profile type that is currently bonded to one of the other two devices.

It is also possible that the Plantronics headset is either using a Handsfree profile that is unrecognized by the 700wx or is bonded to another bluetooth device. Generally, headsets can only bond to one device at a time.

My 700wx can bond over bluetooth with my Sony BT radio using two different profiles simultaneously -- A2DP and Handsfree. The Sony can define up to six different handsfree pairings but only bond with one headset at a time. To change headsets, one has to unpair the existing device before pairing the next one.
    Last edited by 3timeslucky; 03/10/2007 at 08:48 PM.
    - Robert
    I did get my Garmin 10 (original version) and my Think Outside bluetooth mouse to work at the same time, but I'm still having problems trying to use my Plantronics 590 stereo headset with either of them separately, let alone all three at once.

I would really like to have my VZW 700wx in its windshield mount for GPS navigation and be able to talk handsfree on my Plantronics while controlling the Treo with the mouse.
    You should be able to use the 590 as a handsfree device at the same time with the GPS. The GPS and mouse both connect using the serial port profile, so they may not work at the same time. It may be possible as long as they are on different ports, but I'm not really an expert so you would just have to try it and find out. You will not be able to use the headphones as a stereo headset at the same time because it uses the same data bandwidth as the serial port profiles.