Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, we all know that there is an issue with Bluetooth working on the 700wx in terms of disconnection and / or static. You would think that Palm would develop a patch by now since the 700wx has been out for 6 months! But not a word from Palm - not even that they know about the problem and they are working on it.

I am so pissed that I spent top dollar on this phone any my wife's free cell phone has no problems with BT whatsoever!

This is the last Treo I buy due to Palm's horrible customer service and lack of admission.
    You are the first I have heard complain abut this problem. I have heard of compatability issues on the part of hardware manufacturers but not as a result of this phone...

Let me describe my sit...

I use a Plantronics510 which is apparently not compatible...use it flawlessly.

I use a logitech Freepulse stereo headset for mp3s...again works flawlessly.

I sync to Vista on my XPS M110 flawlessly...

What more could i use my bluetooth for?
  3.    #3  
    I'm glad you got the golden handset ;-) because most people are having trouble! Just see the Palm website forum - plagued with complaints!!!

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...essage.id=8045
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board?bo...tooth_and_wifi

I too (like many others) tried the Plantronics 510. It sounded awesome, but disconnected within minutes of use.
    Your first link is to a forum that a total of 5 are taking part in...1 page. Thats hardly a stampede of complaints. Seondly, your second forum refers to a general forum for treos, not specifically the 700 or 700wx....to which i still have not found a stampede of people complaining.

Ok lets reverse that....look in this forum to the large number of us who truly love this instrument....

Actually.....there only seems to be one forum that you take part in. and i found your problem!!!!!! 5 headsets that are not 700wx compatible. CONTACT THE MANUFACTURERS. Its not palm's job to make others hardware compatible.....the treo works fine and the bluetooth has no problems. Or...read the forums and see what works best before you buy five diff headsets. Five headsets really??? Thats an issue of thruthfullness or intelligence i think.
  5.    #5  
    Actually, there are much more than 5 people complaining in the Palm forum in various threads. Further, as many others state, the problem is not the headset - they work flawlessly with other phones. It is Palms implementation of BT.

But I'm glad you are having a wonderful BT experience...
    I am assuming that you are with Sprint.....and if so, have you tried Hannip's fix to allow a2dp for the Sprint Treoo 700wx?? Not necessarily that you need the stereo support, but it did change the bluetooth stack. Personally, I think it is a lot better. My headset never really seems to drop connection anymore. Inf act, whenever I get near it, it picks up connection immediately. You should try that and see if it helps.

Dimitri
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, Dimitri. Yes, I tried the updated stack and I am still having problems...
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dalexiou View Post
    I am assuming that you are with Sprint.....and if so, have you tried Hannip's fix to allow a2dp for the Sprint Treoo 700wx?? Not necessarily that you need the stereo support, but it did change the bluetooth stack. Personally, I think it is a lot better. My headset never really seems to drop connection anymore. Inf act, whenever I get near it, it picks up connection immediately. You should try that and see if it helps.

Dimitri
    This appears to have fixed my BT activation issues.
  9.    #9  
    Just curious - you guys that ran Hannip's fix - what BT headset are you using with no issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by flamenko View Post
    You are the first I have heard complain abut this problem. I have heard of compatability issues on the part of hardware manufacturers but not as a result of this phone...
    I think it's a well established fact by now that BT on every Palm Treo is about as awful as you can get. And there are plenty of threads around here of people complaining about frequent disconnects, including myself (using a Plantronics 640 which is even on Palm's compatibility list). Go figure.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I was speaking to a Plantronics support rep not even a week ago who informed me that they dont yet have anything compatible witht the 700wx. I had contacted them in an effort to find out why my 510 works when others do not..
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Although I have only tried my Samsung WEP200 headset a couple of times, it worked fine with my Sprint 700wx.

Is there any worth to installing the A2DP patch if I do not use stereo headsets?

My only gripe about BT is that if my I take my Treo out of BT range on my laptop, I am forced to reconnect before syncing via WMDC (Vista). If I leave it nearby, I can come back hours later and it is stil connected.

Just curious, but seeing as I can stream Sirius, play games, stream live TV via ORB and have unlmtd data for $30 a month, I could not be happier.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7 View Post
    Just curious - you guys that ran Hannip's fix - what BT headset are you using with no issues?
    I don't use a BT headset. My BT use is strictly BT GPS navigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    I think it's a well established fact by now that BT on every Palm Treo is about as awful as you can get.
    Exactly.

I didn't think this was even up for debate anymore... Worst by far
    Can it be the company you get it from?

I am on my 3rd treo 2 X 650 (now with my son and wife) and I have the 700. I work with a team of 4 others, all of whom have broke down and got 650's.

Not one of these systems has had a bluetooth problem yet that i would know and we all use them with bluetooth, sync with bluetooth and so on...

We are all with bell and these are CDMA...can that be why we have no probs with the bluetooth???
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    My Moto Hs-850 and old VZW 700W worked almost perfectly. Not the same with the new VZW 700WX. I have since moved to the Jabra BT500V in hopes of improvement and it is a bit better than the Moto HS-850 was but still, not as good as it should be - static and drop outs when someone calls me and I answer the phone, the headset just drops out. "Can you hear me now?"
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I use the Plantronics 640....before the update it would lose connection all the time and was a pain to reconnect the ear to my phone. Since the update....no issues whatsoever. It also connects to my Landrover ever more reliably...and I purchased the Motorola HS820 stereo bluetooth headphones...yet again flawless....since the update I am a happy camper. It sounds like not everyone has had this experience, but speaking for myself, that update was the best thing to happen to my Treo.

Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by dalexiou View Post
    I use the Plantronics 640....before the update it would lose connection all the time and was a pain to reconnect the ear to my phone. Since the update....no issues whatsoever. It also connects to my Landrover ever more reliably...and I purchased the Motorola HS820 stereo bluetooth headphones...yet again flawless....since the update I am a happy camper. It sounds like not everyone has had this experience, but speaking for myself, that update was the best thing to happen to my Treo.

Dimitri
    That is certainly good to hear. I have not yet tried the BT hack. It's unfortunate that this is as of yet unsupported for Sprint devices (officially). Even with the hack, I fear the BT on Palm will still be inferior. I'm only saying this b/c with other devices I found I can walk into other rooms and maintain a connection, let a lone 10-15 feet. It's really amazing what a solid BT stack feels like.

I'm starting to worry about Palm's support for the 700wx. We keep hearing about the 750 and WM6...but what about an update for us?

Also I had a 650 and my Discovery 640 worked with it just fine but there was still plenty of static on it even if I moved the phone to the opposite hip.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  19.    #19  
    Dalexiou, thanks for your feedback. I will give the 640 a try today!
  20.    #20  
    Ok, so I bought the Plantronics 640, and with Hannip's patch, it still disconnects every few miutest!

This sucks - $600 later and I'm back to my corded headset
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast