Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK...OK... I know Vaja makes nice cases, but these people are just full of themselves.

$340.00 for a cell-phone case? Sure it looks nice, sterling silver and all, but from there response to others inquiring about clip placement on other case models makes me want to delete them from my bookmarks entirely.

http://www.vajacases.com/images/smar...silver_en.html

Why bother protecting your Treo, at this price just buy two Treo's or get a case to protect your case!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That's just nuts.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    You have to admit-that is pretty damn sexy. I'd purchase one if it had a lifetime replacement policy; you just know in 5 years the leather will look worn, especially if you get colors other than black.

It's also definitely a purchase I would reserve for a phone closer to an endgame phone, which is another reason I have yet to purchase a significant amount of accessories for my current treo; there are so many obvious ways to improve on pda phones right now that you can't help but upgrade every 2 years, especially with the pathetically incremental upgrades palm puts out. Buying this for a current treo only to learn in 2 years it doesn't fit the next one you purchase which has all the features they should have put in the first time, but is a little smaller, would be maddening.

Now, if you bought a case like this for a pdaphone that was near perfect, you really wouldn't feel the pressure to upgrade when your time came and could save it as well as money on new accessories for a new phone.
    I have to agree that I'd never pay that much for a case unless they did offer a replacement plan(or even a big discount on next purchase). But Vaja seems to make excuses even for basic stuff. They probably don't replace anything. There are 2 threads here spelling out Vaja's questionable CS.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It's hard to say I wouldn't get this. I've paid 2, 3 even 4 times that for handbags and have paid around the same price for most of the matching accessories. If it were able to be used for different devices, not just the 750 I wouldn't rule it out as a possible universal case to match all my purses.

It would be the Vaja reputation that would prevent me from buying it...
    Well, if I won the lottery I'd order one
    I have been a big Vaja fan for the many years I have used a Pocket PC. However, this case is a RIP OFF. $340 bucks for a case? Not only that, the case is poorly designed, offering no access to side SD slot and soft reset button. Another poor design choice is the clip attachment which sits off-center causing the case to hang crooked on your belt or wherever you attach the clip. This also affects the iVolution cases as well.

I would urge people to stay away from this case.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    It's hard to say I wouldn't get this. I've paid 2, 3 even 4 times that for handbags and have paid around the same price for most of the matching accessories.
    I was just going to say that women spend 5x that amount on bags...lol
    it's svelte...except the price
    Come the f on! $340 is just redic. It looks like a $99 case.
    Slap "Chanel" or "Gucci" on it and women would pay twice that...
    Pretty big waste of money since it only serves a single purpose. Considering that phones barely last 2 years anymore, paying $300+ for a case is just not worth it to me.
    It's hard to say I wouldn't get this. I've paid 2, 3 even 4 times that for handbags and have paid around the same price for most of the matching accessories. If it were able to be used for different devices, not just the 750 I wouldn't rule it out as a possible universal case to match all my purses.

It would be the Vaja reputation that would prevent me from buying it...
    You an LV fan?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Slap "Chanel" or "Gucci" on it and women would pay twice that...
    Not if it didn't protect the phone. I made that mistake with a Coach case. Useless except for looks.

Handbags are another story though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    You an LV fan?
    I used to be, but they're getting too common. Chanel, Prada and Ferragamo are my faves, but they don't do any Treo stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Not if it didn't protect the phone. I made that mistake with a Coach case. Useless except for looks.

Handbags are another story though.
    Handbags are a necessity...
    woman
    It doesn't protect the screen even!
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    woman
    Don't you mean.... women?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRitter View Post
    woman
    I could say we have our handbags and shoes, guys have their cars and electronics. But, I'm into cars and gadgets too (and I know Phone Diva would concur on the electronics fetish)
    Oh...handbags, I thought you were offering hand...well, nevermind.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast