1.    #1  
    I have been using DivX and VideoRA to convert movie files and TCPMP to view them. Now, with the new version of VideoRA, the large movie files I convert freeze up my Treo. I converted small video clips using the same audio/video bitrates and they played on TCPMP just fine. Tried 3 different settings and all still froze Treo requiring soft reset.

Tried DivX and cannot get the audio to match the video. Does anyone know the correct settings for these to play on TCPMP or another DVD converting/viewing program that is better.

Thanks
    Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by amhernan3 View Post
    I have been using DivX and VideoRA to convert movie files and TCPMP to view them. Now, with the new version of VideoRA, the large movie files I convert freeze up my Treo. I converted small video clips using the same audio/video bitrates and they played on TCPMP just fine. Tried 3 different settings and all still froze Treo requiring soft reset.

Tried DivX and cannot get the audio to match the video. Does anyone know the correct settings for these to play on TCPMP or another DVD converting/viewing program that is better.

Thanks
    Tony

In my days of watching video on my Treo before i got an Archos AV 500 device, i always used this great free encoding app, PocketDivXEncoder. It has many presets for various devices like Treos, Archos and handheld video devices.

http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net/

Now it's not a "DVD converting/viewing program" but you can at least use it to re-encode the files you've already ripped or already have, to any of the presets. The files that freeze your Treo might be encoded at too high bitrates. I find that 320x240, 23.97 fps, and bitrate of between 250 - 500 kbits/sec are manageable on the Treo. Play around with the settings/presets a bit and see what happens.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....