1.    #1  
    I have had several questions about the Sprint 700wx that I have been looking for lately. Some of these might be possible to find through searches but i didn't have any luck...

1. Apparently lots of people have had problems with the 700wx and pairing the bluetooth, as have i. I have a H700 headset and it comes unpaired all the time, what is the fix or is there one (what is the bluetooth stack?)

2. Is there a way to save numbers from the call log or download an application that would allow that (read: free)?

3. Is there a way (or app.) to access the contact info from the call log (i.e. other numbers, email, etc)?

4. How can i get rid of unwanted programs like on demand? I have PHM Reg. on my phone but can't figure out how to delete on demand.

5. Where do you find the windows vista theme for your treo, is it available for free?

6. I can't remember where to close programs at...i am drawing a blank spot on this, i have done it before but now i am at a loss.

7. Is there an easy way to hit snooze on the alarm anjd have it ring again later? So far everytime i hit a button (i am ususally out of it) and when i push dismiss it is dismissed for good.

Any help would be appriciated.
    Last edited by parrott84; 03/09/2007 at 03:02 PM.
    -Parrott84

The Treo 700wx was a great device. Especially for one handed use, but it would be hard to give up my Mogul now.

myChristianConnection.org
    What carrier did you get your 700wx from?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    What carrier did you get your 700wx from?
    Sprint (i also edited the original questions)
    -Parrott84

The Treo 700wx was a great device. Especially for one handed use, but it would be hard to give up my Mogul now.

1) You will likely find better BT performance if you install hannip's patch from this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137462

6) Press and hold the "ok" button to see a list of all running programs. Select one to stop running or stop all.
    1. Apparently lots of people have had problems with the 700wx and pairing the bluetooth, as have i. I have a H700 headset and it comes unpaired all the time, what is the fix or is there one (what is the bluetooth stack?)
    I have the same combo, and it seems as though when you go out of range the wx has difficulty reconnecting to the headset. It's a flaw, but as recommended, Hannip's A2DP addition may help it out a bit.
    2. Is there a way to save numbers from the call log or download an application that would allow that (read: free)?
    Do you mean all numbers or specific numbers? Not sure about all of them, but for specific ones, you can do a click-hold to save to contacts.
    3. Is there a way (or app.) to access the contact info from the call log (i.e. other numbers, email, etc)?
    Don't really understand this question.
    4. How can i get rid of unwanted programs like on demand? I have PHM Reg. on my phone but can't figure out how to delete on demand.
    Use File Explorer. Go into \Windows\Start Menu\ and possibly the Programs\ to delete the shortcuts for whatever you want. Also, if you haven't installed On Demand yet, it's just a shortcut to download it, so it's not taking up any space.
    5. Where do you find the windows vista theme for your treo, is it available for free?
    Vista themes require Wisbar Advance (i.e. not free, lakeridgesoftware.com).
    6. I can't remember where to close programs at...i am drawing a blank spot on this, i have done it before but now i am at a loss.
    In addition to the built-in running programs list, you may want to invest in a task manager program (some are free). A great overview on just about all of them can be found at: http://mobile-sg.com/simpleblog/arch...st.asp?id=1020 Be sure to go through past articles relating to that as well. I use Handyswitcher and I really like it.
    7. Is there an easy way to hit snooze on the alarm anjd have it ring again later? So far everytime i hit a button (i am ususally out of it) and when i push dismiss it is dismissed for good.
    Don't push "dismiss." I believe the right softkey has options for snoozing for different periods of time.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    For question number 3, if what you are looking for is an app to access other info from the call log, there none that I know of. To get this clear, I undestand you, for example, received a called from ABC MOBILE and you want to call ABC HOME or send an e-mail to ABC E-MAIL from the actual call log. The answer is still, non that I know of; probably not since it's just a log and not the actual contact list.

And for number 4, make sure you go to Settings, System Tab and Remove Programs first. After you've uninstalled apps from there, I'd recommend getting MemMaid or SKTools to clean any unwanted registry entries.

What I also did about OnDemand, I deleted the CAB file (2 MB) from the Windows Directory since I knew I didn't need it.

If you have already installed an app, I do not recommend just going to the Program Files directory and deleting the directory where the app was installed. Only do this with apps that you manually installed, if you installed via Activesync or CAB file installation, then uninstall using the same method accordingly and then run SKTools or MemMaid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
    What I also did about OnDemand, I deleted the CAB file (2 MB) from the Windows Directory since I knew I didn't need it.
    Are you sure that, by default, there's a cab for OnDemand? I just went looking for it in the Windows directory (as I thought the link just downloaded the program and .NET CF2 once you run it for the first time), but didn't find any cabs whatsoever larger than 1mb...
  8.    #8  
    Here is another question for you, did the new verizon 700wx include sms threaded messaging on it?
    -Parrott84

No, which is baffling. I can see why it wasn't on the Sprint 700wx since it wasn't quite ready yet, but there is no excuse for not providing it on the later iterations of the 700wx.
    I feel the wx is the best ppc on the market today yet palm keeps on hurting there selfs. adding sms messaging how difficult could it be for Palm.
    Very sad indeed

Phil C
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    Are you sure that, by default, there's a cab for OnDemand? I just went looking for it in the Windows directory (as I thought the link just downloaded the program and .NET CF2 once you run it for the first time), but didn't find any cabs whatsoever larger than 1mb...
    I actually had a CAB for both OnDemand and .NET CF Framework 2.0 in my Windows directory of my Sprint 700wx. I moved them last night to my SD card.