Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. 1kwik72's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #1  
    First a little rundown Sprint 700wx. I have Outlook 2002 Windows XP home w service pack2. I have outlook and the 700wx setup to download my personal email (AOL) and my work email (pop3) I was following the recommended updates for the DST. My PC was up to date (auto update) I manually updated Outlook. I had a bit of trouble here because it is not the default mail client, I temporarly switched it to the default to get the update to run I previously had been using AS 4.2 but per the recommendation updated to AS 4.5 upon running the install file for AS 4.5 it locked up. I had to reboot the computer and download it again to get it to install. I was able to get the DST update file installed on the 700wx But now during the sync it just stops and gives me an exclamation point. I did manage to get it to display the error code 85010017 I ran the trouble shooter and made sure all the firewall settings were correct. It said somthing about an error that had no known solution at this time whats up with that? I know enough about this stuff to be dangerous, I am not really sure I have everything set up correctly but it was working prior to this just fine. Anyone have any ideas or tips? Also I always just sync with a USB cable and I am always reading about an exchange server. Can someone explain what that is and how it works? Sorry for the long post just want to be accurate

    Thanks
    Craig
  2. #2  
    I just helped my brother, who has a 700wx, with what sounds like the same problem after he updated to Activesync 4.5 and installed the DST update. Before I could convince him to uninstall Activesync, I mentioned deleting the partnership on the Treo to have a clean attempt to start over. When he did that, it synced. So, on the Treo (with it disconnected from Activesync), go to Programs/Activesync/Menu/Options. Highlight the partnership that isn't working (should be Wiindows PC, or some combination of Windows and your computer's name) and hit delete. (Didn't have this problem on my 750.)
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft. Great fun for do-it-yourselfers.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
  3. 1kwik72's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thanks that did it. Thanks Heck I even get to see the DST update worked. I did end up with a couple duplicate appointments but no big deal to delete them.


    Craig

Posting Permissions