Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Anyone running this notice that when you have the "Now Screen" option checked for when your Treo wakes up, that your Treo attempts to wake up on it's own about every 5 minutes?

I'm just sitting here, and my phone wakes up to the "press the center button" screen. Sits for the minute I have it set for, then shuts down again only to do it all over again 5 minutes later. (haven't actually timed this) I turned off the "Now Screen" option, and it stopped doing it.

Am I the only one, or is this a software bug?
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    I have not experienced this.
    I have not experienced this and love spb shell. It has changed the way I use my phone. I loved the extra tabs and how well it pairs with their other products. So happy I tried it.
    No, haven't see this either. Could be a conflict not with Shell, but another app+Shell, arguing, and thus waking up the phone.

If you want, check out the forum: http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewfor...fed2e74652a6bd
    END OF LINE
    I loved shell when I first got it but then it started bogging down my wx. I got rid of it. I actually found myself clicking through MORE menu's then I did before I got it.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I love the software. Quit a bit.

The only issue I have is this one, which I now know is something on my phone. I'm not exactly sure that I'm going to use the Now screen anymore anyway though. I don't really use it....It's just another screen for me to click through to get to my today screen. I rarely ever look at my phone, for no reason at all, and it's not password protected.

Thanks for the comments, and link to that forum, I was looking for one last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock
    I loved shell when I first got it but then it started bogging down my wx. I got rid of it. I actually found myself clicking through MORE menu's then I did before I got it.
    <OT:Rant>
    well that lovefest ended pretty quickly. Not for nothing, but next time give programs a full evaluation before starting a thread and encouraging everyone to shell out (pun intended) $70 for a full package of 'em.

<Not Related to Shell>
    I don't know how some don't notice the screeching slowdown of the Treo immediately after the installation of Pocket Plus. I won't even try Shell because of it. There are plenty of ways of getting PP's features, the close button for free with Magic Button and AE Buttons Plus with its great task manager and other features like press and hold softkeys for actual program closure (no reaching for the X), alt+tab keys, time overlay, etc. Best of all, they don't slow down the Treo (well for me at least).
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have the Pocket plus installed on my wx and it runs just fine.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I actually found myself clicking through MORE menu's then I did before I got it.
    I stopped using their start menu and went back to the stock one because of that...otherwise I still like it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I have the Pocket plus installed on my wx and it runs just fine.
    Me too. I have never had a problem with it. I absolutely love it, in fact, and have started using it more fully. I added a tab to Mobile Shell with everything I could possibly need and I never go into my Start menu for anything...

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I stopped using their start menu and went back to the stock one because of that...otherwise I still like it.
    I don't even use the built-in Start menu. I like the idea, but it is really not good for me. I primarily use the tabs on Today, and the Now screen is my favorite. Going directly to SMS or email from there is convenient. Feels like I'm skipping a few presses.
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    <OT:Rant>
    well that lovefest ended pretty quickly. Not for nothing, but next time give programs a full evaluation before starting a thread and encouraging everyone to shell out (pun intended) $70 for a full package of 'em.

<Not Related to Shell>
    I don't know how some don't notice the screeching slowdown of the Treo immediately after the installation of Pocket Plus. I won't even try Shell because of it. There are plenty of ways of getting PP's features, the close button for free with Magic Button and AE Buttons Plus with its great task manager and other features like press and hold softkeys for actual program closure (no reaching for the X), alt+tab keys, time overlay, etc. Best of all, they don't slow down the Treo (well for me at least).

thats for the advice buddy, but I specifically said to try the TRIAL DOWNLOADS to see for yourselves. So perhaps reading the entire post is something that might be helpfull for you.

As for the slow down, it got progressively worse so it was not immidiatley apparent after download.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I tryed the trial download but I couldn't edit the items in the default tabs. So I uninstalled it. Has anyone else how this or for those that have bought it can you edit the items that are on the default tabs?
    You absolutely can edit the tabs. You have to enter the options, click on tabs, and then you can choose "replace" and put whatever you want in there (that would be on your today plugin list). Minimum of four, maximum of 6.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    You absolutely can edit the tabs. You have to enter the options, click on tabs, and then you can choose "replace" and put whatever you want in there (that would be on your today plugin list). Minimum of four, maximum of 6.

But it seems that you can't go into the default tab to add items like the Home Tab can't be edited. Just replaced.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Actually now that I start to play around with it it seems nice. Have to play with it some more.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    How many are using the SPB Diary with this program? Or is there a better calendar program?
    I'm using Diary, Pocket Plus, WeatherPanel, Web search, and Photo Dialer. I love Diary in its own tab. I have tried other calendar programs, but I like how Diary balances ease of use with functionality. Others seemed too heavy on the learning curve.

The more you poke around and customize within Shell, the more functionality you can wring from the Treo.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    seems that i have ringing issues with the screen saver on... i hear i ring once and i cannot answer the phone.. i miss the call almost all the time. I removed the shell and all is well

Anyone have heard of this issue?

Thanks in advance