Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Mobility Today just posted pics of a 750v running WM6.

Check it out.

www.mobilitytoday.com
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Sweet! There just may be some hope for the 750 users. But we'll have to just wait
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    WM 6 on the 750 would be grear. WM 6 on my 700wx would be stunning. Sprint is my workhorse account due to SERO. The 750 is on T-Mo unless I travel abroad.
    So is that a 100% guarantee,,, all 750 users will get the WM6 update? I hope they don't wait to long. I usually only keep a device for 1 year.
    don't think anything is a guarantee, but its looking good. still wouldn't hold my breath though.
    I will certainly upgrade... But the only new feature I wanted (HTML Email), is now stated to only work if you are connecting to an exchange 7 server.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    I will certainly upgrade... But the only new feature I wanted (HTML Email), is now stated to only work if you are connecting to an exchange 7 server.
    I am just finishing up a trial of 4SmartPhone. Excellent. I am going to go with it. They will be moving to Exchange 7.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    It also works fine with hotmail and g-mail (pop mail), so its probably only exchange HTML e-mail which is (intentionally) gimped.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 03/09/2007 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Slow e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    It also works fine with hotmail and g-mail (pop mail), so its probably only exchange HTML e-mail which is (intentionally) gimped.

Surur
    Correct my friend. Out of the box WM6 supports HTML email from sources such as hotmail and g-mail. It is Exchange server mail that needs to be upgraded to Exchange 2007 in order to recieve HTML email.
    Does anyone here have enough experience with WM6 to answer these questions:

1. Will WM6 address the missing storage card problem?
    2. What about battery life, better or worse with WM6?
    3. I've got the Vodophone version, will the upgrade be carrier specific?
    4. If it is can I upgrade my 750V with the unbranded or Cingular WM6 upgrade?

TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Surur
    That's good news! What about normal IMAP/POP accounts that receive HTML formated emails? Should I assume you are checking gmail using the POP features...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovation2 View Post

TIA
    1. yes, kind of. Certain things shouldn't be on the card anyway.
    2. not different enough to remark either way.
    3. Yes, I'm sure, but there are workarounds.
    4. see #3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovation2 View Post

TIA
    I can only answer your 3rd one and maybe 2nd and 4th one.

microsoft is giving away free licenses for the WM6, so the carrier won't have to pay for it. this has been discussed in several threads, don't have a link though. so yes, it will be carrier specific. not sure if you can upgrade on your 750v with the unbranded or cingular one. battery life is "supposedly" better on wm6, but I doubt its to a level where its noticible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I can only answer your 3rd one and maybe 2nd and 4th one.

microsoft is giving away free licenses for the WM6, so the carrier won't have to pay for it. this has been discussed in several threads, don't have a link though.
    There is also another report saying this is false. With quotes from a Microsoft employee.

Regardless, they will definitely be carrier specific, because of testing that needs to be done by the carriers.
    That's good news! What about normal IMAP/POP accounts that receive HTML formated emails? Should I assume you are checking gmail using the POP features...
    Yes, Gmail is checked via POP, and works fine for HTML e-mail. I dont use any IMAP accounts, only exchange 2003 unfortunately, so I cant check.

Surur
    who said the upgrade for WM6 would come from Cingular?

Still waiting for the damn HSDPA update... look how long that is taking them
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by cam05 View Post
    According to this, it will come directly from Palm.

http://www.palminsider.com/index.php...=646&Itemid=58

What are you waiting for? Go apply the HSDPA hack!
    Quote Originally Posted by cam05 View Post

They never come "from" the carrier, I said they would be carrier-SPECIFIC. Like it or not, Cingular has to add their express mail options, telenav, and any other pre-arranged addditions they have. The ROM also has to be set up with their network information, SMS/MMS information, etc etc.

I believe most of the delay comes from the manufacturers (Palm) side. Carriers have a set schedule to test ROM's before release. I have heard in the past that VZW's process is the slowest, because they are very picky with minor details.
    According to a post on Howard Forums http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1124001 Cingular(AT&T) is testing a WM6 ROM for the Treo 750 and will offer it as an upgrade soon.
    Is this BS or for real? I have no idea, you be the judge. But seeing the 8525 has a WM6 upgrade coming (you can actaully download and install the pre-release) the it's not a stretch to believe the WM6 ROM is also coming for the Treo 750.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast