1.    #1  
    Just replaced the 700W with the 700WX. So far, so good. Weird quirk though -- when the device "wakes up," the 5-way is inoperable & if I tap on an icon, it takes 10 seconds or so to respond. After that, it works fine. Any ideas. (No software is installed at this point). Thanks.
    If nothing is installed, I would try a hard reset. It shouldnt have a delay like that at all. My VZW-WX doesnt do that.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch1 View Post
    Just replaced the 700W with the 700WX. So far, so good. Weird quirk though -- when the device "wakes up," the 5-way is inoperable & if I tap on an icon, it takes 10 seconds or so to respond. After that, it works fine. Any ideas. (No software is installed at this point). Thanks.
    I had the exact same issue. The wierd thing is, now that I'm running SPB Shell on it, it doesn't do it anymore. It did though, and it was annoying.
    had the same issue on my 750v.
    question, does it still happen if you turn off the phone radio?
    when radio on and you get on a call (in or out), does it still happen afterward?
  5.    #5  
    yes, it still happens with the phone/radio off. I will try the hard reset and see what happens. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I have the same issue with my wx as well. It's really annoying.
    Does it happen every time you wake up the wx, or just every now and then? I know that occasionally when I try to "wake it up" after an incoming SMS or email notification, that could happen. The only way around it is to wait for it to go to sleep again then wake it up, or press the windows key then the center key (for me at least).

Strange indeed.
  8.    #8  
    seems most often when the "notification" icon on the top bar is active. Will try the windows key/center button solution. Thanks.
    Some of this is caused by whatever application is in the foreground, even if it's the today screen. When the treo turns on, I'm sure the foreground app gets a screen event and redraws. In the case of the today screen, I'm not sure, but some today screen apps may be trying a data refresh.

One way to test this is to shut down all apps and turn off all today plugins, and then see if it happens. If it no longer happens, then my theory is correct.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Just as another data point...

I had the same problem on my Verizon WX. It ended up being a SPB Today plugin. Ive noticed that at least on my phone, the today screen plugins play a huge difference on the response time of the phone. Once i removed the ones that were constantly updating or what I consider processor hogs, the phone really perked up and all the pauses and issues like this stopped.