Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forum...howtopic=11043

I intend to try it to see how it handles imap idle now
    Me too
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    So far so good. This may be the email client to end all email clients.. imap idle working well with fastmail.
    seconded. I have been using flexmail through a slew of progressivley buggy versions and this is the most stable imaple with idle build yet. looks like chattermail will soon be a distant memory for most ex palm user.
    Question for you guys...on Chatter connected to our corporate email over SSL IDLE worked fine..when I read the documentation (albeit from a prior version) for Flexmail it says IDLE is only for non SSL accounts.. is that right? I didn't start getting emails automatically in flexmail until I turned on "Check for new mail every X minutes" and set it to 1.

I shouldn't have to set that should I?

Do you also find scrolling speed down the message list (don't use the preview option) to be a little slow (annoyingly slow)...hopefully they can fix that

7.    #7  
    I saw a secure option on incoming mail tab that was selectable with idle. I didnt select the check for new mail every x mins tho. i just selected the idle and boom it started coming in. Possibly a q for the webis forums although ive noticed that there isnt a lot of participation on those forums.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Do you also find scrolling speed down the message list (don't use the preview option) to be a little slow (annoyingly slow)...hopefully they can fix that
    I turned off preview too...and scrolling through the messages can be slow you are correct.

OTOH fastmail itself is fast. It used to be buggy and it ran like a dog
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Question for you guys...on Chatter connected to our corporate email over SSL IDLE worked fine..when I read the documentation (albeit from a prior version) for Flexmail it says IDLE is only for non SSL accounts.. is that right? I didn't start getting emails automatically in flexmail until I turned on "Check for new mail every X minutes" and set it to 1.

I shouldn't have to set that should I?
    Did you get this issue resolved? I found this on pocket informant board.

edit: I see you were the one who posted the message on webis forums... nevermind
    Has anyone here tested this with Exchange activesync push? The one thing I miss the most from Chatter is html email, which flexmail supports.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    IFF this works better than the previous betas I've tried, I would strongly consider moving to the WM side, specially considering Marc's situation.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Did you get this issue resolved? I found this on pocket informant board.

edit: I see you were the one who posted the message on webis forums... nevermind
    Yep, got it sorted...after fumbling with the settings for quite a while, I set it as I thought it needed to be set, exited the program completely and came back in, and it seems to be working fine now...

although with only flexmail running at one stage I dropped down to about 6mb of program memory left and the phone totally slowed to a crawl...ah well, it is beta, but looking pretty promising so far once I figured out some of the settings (like only retrieving email from the past X days, size of downloaded emails, etc)...

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Has anyone here tested this with Exchange activesync push? The one thing I miss the most from Chatter is html email, which flexmail supports.
    Well I imagine it would work with activesync push, but I dont think Activesync push allows for .html email
    Not trying to sound jaded here but I've read their forum and looked at the app and frankly it seems like an overly-complicated program designed by a software engineer that is quite pleased with himself about the zillion features he has built-in. I want an email app that doesn't make me wade through 5 menus just to delete a SPAM message and this seems to be as awkward to use as Outlook. So if I am already using vgsmail for IMAP IDLE, what does this app buy me?
  15.    #15  
    Well I am also a user of vgsmail on the treo, and I like flexmail alot better. For one things, VGSmail will crash, and makes my treo unstable somewhat. When I run VGSmail, i tend to reset at least once per day, and many times multiple. Also VGSmail tends to bog down the wx when running. VGSmail also sometimes has a problem with attachments for me. Flexmail is fast, and stable. It has a few minor issues, but think they will be ironed out soon enough.Also has the ability to view/delete/reply to messages from notification screen, html email, send from other accts. Why not try it out? The public beta has a 2 week trial. I have it coexisting peacefully with vgsmail, tho i must admit, havent run vgsmail in a while.
    I've registered, upgraded, and uninstalled this product for years now. I'm glad to hear that this latest is stable. I may give it a try.
    Thanks Volwrath. This may put me over the edge. Think I'll go buy a wx in order to give it a try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Treo 300, 650, 700p
  18.    #18  
    Treoboy you always been over the edge.
    Has anyone tried this with the threaded sms hack from hannip? When I try to install it, I get an error that it can't delete \Windows\tmail.exe. This is one of the files that is used by the threaded SMS app, so I don't know if it would break that app.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I read in the support forums that HTML doesn't render in ActiveSync messages-- is this true?

Will the WM 5.0 Word Completion work within Flexmail?

Thanks so much.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast