Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    1.1 Released!

What is InCall?

Have you ever been annoyed by the fact that simple phone functions while on a call are
    cumbersome to access since they're hidden under the Menu option while on a phone call
    (for non Sprint 700wx users that is)? Coming from the PalmOS Treos, there was quick access
    right on the screen during a call to place the phone on mute, turn on the speaker phone,
    place a call on hold, etc.

InCall gives you those options right in front of you for easy access with the D-pad!
    No more fumbling to find the right soft key then the option you want!

=============================================
    FEATURES

- Set Voicemail Exclusion -- set your voicemail number (or accept the default) to avoid InCall from activating when you have called voicemail

- Enable InCall: Enable InCall so that it will work on active phone calls

- Disable InCall: Disable InCall so that the normal in call screen is returned.

- Enable/Disable InCall On Reset: Enables/Disables InCall after a reset

- While on a call:
    -- Mute/UnMute -- Turns mute on/off
    -- Speaker On/Off -- Turns on/off the speakerphone
    -- Hold/Return -- places the call on hold
    -- Sleep 1 Minute -- puts InCall to sleep for 1 minute, giving normal access to the active call screen
    -- Sleep 5 Minutes -- puts InCall to sleep for 5 minutes, giving normal access to the active call screen
    -- Screen Off -- turns off the screen while still on the call. Use the right soft key to turn the screen
    back on
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scottymomo; 04/24/2007 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Updated CAB file with new install/uninstall scrips and ScriptIcons.dll
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Sounds great scottymomo.

I use the voicemail buttons on my Treo 750 (which are on the call screen so I delete, skip, etc via buttons). Could you have the script detect what number its dialing so you could have certain cases?

Thanks, Dale
    Icon coming soon as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by netdale View Post
    Sounds great scottymomo.

I use the voicemail buttons on my Treo 750 (which are on the call screen so I delete, skip, etc via buttons). Could you have the script detect what number its dialing so you could have certain cases?

Thanks, Dale
    For code already written for this, see the "callerID.mscr" I posted a while back.

Better yet...
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #5  
    Perhaps for the first release we'll have one exclusion for your voicemail #.. at some point maybe the user could add additional numbers to the exclusion list.. I am guessing I will have to let the user enter their voicemail number rather than be able to read it automagically...

stay tuned...

6.    #6  
    All right, the outgoing number is stored in HKLM\System\State\Phone "Caller Number", but the number is formatted (at least for me in the US) as (xxx) xxx-xxxx....

The voicemail number speed dial is stored a couple different places, but here it's just the string of numbers unformatted:

RegRead( "HKCU", "Palm\State\Messages\Vmail", "VMailNumber" )

So:

1. If I allow the user to enter the number, I have to figure out how to format it the right way (could vary depending on the country) or have the user enter it in the proper format.

2. If I pull the number from the registry, I have format it to match the entry in "Caller Number", accounting for various countries formatting..

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    All right, the outgoing number is stored in HKLM\System\State\Phone "Caller Number", but the number is formatted (at least for me in the US) as (xxx) xxx-xxxx....

The voicemail number speed dial is stored a couple different places, but here it's just the string of numbers unformatted:

RegRead( "HKCU", "Palm\State\Messages\Vmail", "VMailNumber" )

So:

1. If I allow the user to enter the number, I have to figure out how to format it the right way (could vary depending on the country) or have the user enter it in the proper format.

2. If I pull the number from the registry, I have format it to match the entry in "Caller Number", accounting for various countries formatting..

thoughts?

look (again?) at the eloquent piece of code written by zbop "DialSelection.mscr"?

he already has that part whupped.

-- JDC
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    look (again?) at the eloquent piece of code written by zbop "DialSelection.mscr"?

he already has that part whupped.

-- JDC
    Thanks JD, surely will help for US numbers!

9.    #9  
    InCall 1.0 Released!

Did you intend to leave this coded as is or add a variable there in InCallGo.mscr?

#This checks to see if the phone is in an active call
    If (x AND "IsThisScottie's VM Number???")

-- JDC
  11.    #11  
    It's not my vm number it's the bitmask (in decimal form) that we're comparing to the registry to see if the call is active

Color me stupid... 9 digits... can't count.
  13.    #13  
    InCall revised CAB install file added to the first post to use the new install/uninstall scripts and using the new ScriptIcons.dll

No new features however.

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I installed it via the .CAB file and enabled it through "Programs" but I don't see any difference on my call screen.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
    I installed it via the .CAB file and enabled it through "Programs" but I don't see any difference on my call screen.
    Same here. Program did not work. Also, get a error message on reset (something about needing to have the program enabled first)
  16.    #16  
    hmmm.. will have to check it out...couple questions...

what phone do you have?

you didn't call voicemail to test it right?

Did you install to the device rather than the SD?

Are you using AE Button Plus?

hmmm.. will have to check it out...couple questions...
    I got it to work. Didn't realize that Mortscript app needed to be installed. Excellent App you have created here. No more going through menus while on a call. Many thanks for your contribution.
  18.    #18  
    My pleasure..so, did you download/install the MortScript cab separately and then it started working?

My pleasure..so, did you download/install the MortScript cab separately and then it started working?
    Yes, it started working after installing MortScript separately.
  20.    #20  
    hmm..probably if you clicked on the mortscript.exe file contained within the InCall directory it would have worked as well...good to know though, we need to fix our cab install process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast