1.    #1  
    I am sure that this will be easily topped, but I just got a new WX for $300 even though I was 12 months out on my contract.

Only took 2 reps and a supervisor, and my pointing out that I was willing to take my $150/month account to Sprint for a $250 phone and pay the $175 to get out of my Vzw contract. Were they willing to loose my $1,800 a year account over a couple of rebates?

I could have held out for more, but I had really just hoped to get the "new" customer price.

By the way, I have never tried to return or exchange my phone, since I knew that my problems were memory related. So my account history was pretty clean, without documented complaints. I was outside the 1 year warranty, and had no expectations of a satisfactory result from an insurance claim.

What about you, what is the best deal you have scored to upgrade at VZW to the WX?
    start complaining about the phone. ask for a new another phone. just say yes yes to whatever even if it's the x. take that x and kill it. call them up again and ask for another phone. they will give u another x. take that and kill it and call them up. they will have a history of ur record and u get the wx this time.