Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Is there an extended battery for the 750 that's the same size as the original? I've seen the "1300" ones which don't seem worth the upgrade, or the huge ones that need a new battery door, is there nothing in-between? I had an "1800" for my 650 which was a nice compromise, but I don't see this size for the 750.

    Thanks,
    Martin.
  2. webdave's Avatar
    Posts
    369 Posts
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    #2  
    Not yet. There is either the 1300 one which isn't much of an upgrade but is the standard size or the larger ones which require a new door.
  3. #3  
    Check this: Proporta Battery Replacement.

    It's $ 68.95, but it's standard size
  4. #4  
    Interesting...I have never heard of the company. Does anyone have experience with them?
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  5. #5  
    I've never heard of tem but that does not mean anything since I usually only buy from Seidio. I would worry about it being a true 2000 mAh, fitting well under the stock cover and being a quality battery. I'll post whatever info I find.
  6. mbamenra's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #6  
    Proporta is makes pretty decent cases from what I understand.
  7. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #7  
    I have posted first impressions and some pictures http://www.palminsider.com/index.php...=669&Itemid=58
  8. #8  
    Wow, that looks quite thicker than the Seidio battery. However, does it connect well with the Treo? I ask this because I ordered the Seidio battery and after about a week of use, the Treo fails to register charge status through Windows Mobile and through SPB Mobile Shell. The original Palm battery would always register the battery status.
  9. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    Wow, that looks quite thicker than the Seidio battery. However, does it connect well with the Treo? I ask this because I ordered the Seidio battery and after about a week of use, the Treo fails to register charge status through Windows Mobile and through SPB Mobile Shell. The original Palm battery would always register the battery status.
    Yes, it's working flawlessly here so far. This is the third day of intense use with a single charge and the battery indicates a 70% remaining of juice. Not bad.
  10. #10  
    were is the link to this product? I went on their website and i did not see this specific battery and cover listed. I did see one that was listed as a standard one.
  11. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by optimo View Post
    were is the link to this product? I went on their website and i did not see this specific battery and cover listed. I did see one that was listed as a standard one.
    Here you go, navigating at Proporta is sometimes tricky
  12. #12  
    thanks!
  13. #13  
    Well if it continues to register the charge, then it seems great. I can't wait for an extended battery (that is at least 1500 mah) that would fit with the regular cover and not have a hump on the phone.
  14. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanvision View Post
    Well if it continues to register the charge, then it seems great. I can't wait for an extended battery (that is at least 1500 mah) that would fit with the regular cover and not have a hump on the phone.
    It does Fourth day with a single charge and 54% left
  15. #15  
    Amstel, can you give us a better discription of the amount of added size of the battery and if it helps or hurts the way the phone feels when you are using it?
  16. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by optimo View Post
    Amstel, can you give us a better discription of the amount of added size of the battery and if it helps or hurts the way the phone feels when you are using it?
    Sure. Personally, I think this new cover makes a better and safer grabbing of the device, and as for the size, I'd say it makes it a 30% thicker. Too much? well, it depends. I carry it in my pocket with no probs at all and in revenge I get the great sensation of not woorying for battery life whatsoever . Hope this helps
  17. #17  
    thanks for all your input. i checked the website. just wanted to confirm that the one they show on ther is the same that you tested. on the site the batterey looks different and they dont show the color of the cover.
    OPTIMOGREEN
  18. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by optimo View Post
    thanks for all your input. i checked the website. just wanted to confirm that the one they show on ther is the same that you tested. on the site the batterey looks different and they dont show the color of the cover.
    You're right, the one shown at Proporta has nothing to do with the real one delivered afterwards. If you want, I can send you some detailed pics...
  19. #19  
    i would appricate it if you post some pictures
    OPTIMOGREEN
  20. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #20  







    Link to hi-res here
    Hope this helps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions