1.    #1  
    I have been having many dropped calls at my home for the last 2 months, never had any the prior 9 months living there. I figured it was a down tower or something and called Sprint a couple times. I kinda have been just living with it. I got fed up recently and decided to make a move. I went to the Sprint store, no dice because I am 2 months away from being eligible for the upgrade discount. So I called Sprint and finally got through to retentions. She offered me the same deal that I could get in the store with the upgrade discount, which is currently $349 and a $100 rebate = $249. Then I mentioned that I heard a price drop was coming next week (thanks Treocentral) for $100. She then said that she prides herself on resolving issues with one phone call.

So, I ended up getting a new 700wx for $149.99 with no mail in rebate to deal with and no activation charge.

I am not sure about going from Palm to WM, but I figured for $149, this would be a good time to try it out and if I hate it, I will back to a Palm version when a newer version comes out later this summer (hopefully).

Here is my question, what this a good way to go or did I screw up switching to WM?
    You will be happy with the full blown WM ppc edition. I wasn't aware of an upcomming price drop. I guess I'll have to search.
    You made the right choice. It'll be different at first, but you won't regret your decision... nice job
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I was not aware of a price drop either. I got a 700wx from SERO for $249 last week. I did not send in any rebates as of yet, but will give those a shot.

I will try and see if they would do anything in terms of a price drop but am still happy with my $30 SERO plan either way.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Boy, do I feel ripped off. I paid 299 after rebates and that was thru retentions.
    Good luck with the dropped calls... I purchased due to sero... while I'll keep it due to the internet part, I'll keep my verizon service.

Seems the treo will drop a call if no bars are present, while my verizon phone with no bars will hang on to the call.

After two months with the phone, I don't see it as a phone, but as a mobile internet device... which I don't mind paying $27 bucks a month for....

Good luck to you...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  7.    #7  
    Actually, the price drop to which I am referring, that was posted here, is for the 700p, but since it is the same price as the 700wx I was allowed to choose.

There is however a little twist to the story. About an hour after my call to retentions I noticed that my service had been disconnected. Come to find out, Sprint, in all their infinite wisdom, had charged my debit card for the $149as I wished AND ALSO applied a $681 charge to my Sprint account, which of course exceeded my spending limit and cut off my phone (right after my girlfriend called me to tell me that she was being admitted to the hospital and that she would call me with any new info). That took ANOTHER 45 minutes to straighten out. I love Sprint's intentions but their execution leaves alot to be desired!
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I think you did very well for the price you paid and I believe WM on the Treo has got to be one of the best flow blown PPC's to use, especially with one handed operation which was next to none on my prior device. So far I am fully satisfiied.

Of course the SERO plan makes it that much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Good luck with the dropped calls... I purchased due to sero... while I'll keep it due to the internet part, I'll keep my verizon service.

Seems the treo will drop a call if no bars are present, while my verizon phone with no bars will hang on to the call.

After two months with the phone, I don't see it as a phone, but as a mobile internet device... which I don't mind paying $27 bucks a month for....

Good luck to you...
    No problems for me with dropped calls. The Treo works great as a phone and a PDA. Enjoy it!!!