1.    #1  
    So I tried to download the Sprite from the Palms website and it asks me for my serial # off my phone. I enter the serial # and the thing says its not suppose to have letters in it. Well my SERIAL # has letters in it! So I have no idea how I can download the Sprite. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    I'd make sure you had the right Sprite, maybe redownload. My Treo 700wx serial number has letters also...start..settings..system tab...about..phone tab.

I had sprite working before. I like the flexibility of SBP backup though. Might want to try the trial..
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problems with Sprite. I contacted Palm and they said that they are having some kind of problem with the serial number validation process. They just told me to keep trying. Typical crappy Palm support.
  4.    #4  
    This sucks. Anyone have the download they can email me?

rzotz@earthlink.net so I can backup my palm at least. Thanks.
    I do have the file for install, but not here (I am at work), I will mail it to you tonight (about 9-10PM Eastern) if you get it before then, just post here. If I don't see a post saying you have it, I will mail it to you.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    So I tried to download the Sprite from the Palms website and it asks me for my serial # off my phone. I enter the serial # and the thing says its not suppose to have letters in it. Well my SERIAL # has letters in it! So I have no idea how I can download the Sprite. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    The serial # can have letters in it - it just can't have the letters I,O,S or Z. I assume that's because those letters can look similar to numbers.
  7.    #7  
    Right. And I put Zero's where O's are.

I called Palm and they have a few technical issues with the site and reports already. They will be working on it they said. I just need to get mine backed up some how. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    I'd make sure you had the right Sprite, maybe redownload. My Treo 700wx serial number has letters also...start..settings..system tab...about..phone tab.

I had sprite working before. I like the flexibility of SBP backup though. Might want to try the trial..
    I use Sprite for my Palm device and it works well. So why not give Sprite a try since it is free for all the Palm 700 users
  9.    #9  
    freemans, lol do you ever read your the posts?

Some here use Sprite, we are trying to get it, but Palm site isn't working. READ.
    The same version on their website is on the CD that came with your phone.
  11.    #11  
    Hmm I didn't see the option for that on the install process.
  12.    #12  
    OMG it was under my nose, I found it in another folder on that CD. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin-tl View Post
    OMG it was under my nose, I found it in another folder on that CD. Thanks!
    I would like to know what CD you are getting. I am getting version 5.0 on our CDs. I have received 20 devices of a 40 device order for our company and NONE of the discs have 5.1 on them. I am thinking I am getting old stock from somehewere seeing as 5.1 has been out for almost a year now.

This really bites. I called Sprint and complained and they transfer me directly to Palm who blames it on a problem at Sprite Software's end. SOMEONE take some f***ing responsibilty.

I want to reliably image my devices with all of the software for a particular attorney before the first ActivSync against the exchange server. That way if they FUBAR the device they can just hard reset, click a file on the storage card, enter PIN and hard reset and be back up and running again.

This finger pointing game is unacceptable. Anyone seen the file on BitTorrent or elsewhere?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Moon,

PM sent.
    Well I guess Palm has the control of verify the serial number, since Sprite is just one of the OEMs.