Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From what I understand there is no 100% working 2GB MiniSD card with the Treo ...some type of 'driver' issue causes the cards to go 'missing'

My question is - do the 1GB cards suffer from the same fate? What about the 4GB cards?
    There seems to be the same number of problems with the 2GB vs 4GB. The higher brand names seem to work only slightly better. I haven't heard of anyone trying a 1GB card.
    My Sandisk 512MB card disappears occasionally as well. Removing and replacing the card makes it work again. Palm needs to fix this! Right now the support page on the Palm site tells you to remove and re-insert the card as the fix. How is that a fix? How about a frimware update that addresses this? I would call that a fix!
    I have a sandisk 1Gb mini SD and it never fails me.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    Yes, I agree. This is the single most annoying fault of the 750 (IMHO).

COME ON PALM FIX THIS!!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I've had absolutely zero problems with a Sandisk 2gb card. I did have a lot of problems with a 4gb card from ebay as well as two no-name 2gb cards.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I also have had no issues with my SANDISK 2 GIG mini-sd.

I wanted MORE so I bought a TRANSCEND 4 GIG mini-SDHC. Works fine on laptop and PC with card reader, added apps with no issues,

but

TREO 750 does see the card, it makes the noise as I insert it in the TREO 750, but it doesn't show up.

ANY IDEAS?
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    I have a Kingston 2GB card and have had no issues in my second Treo. My first one lost it once, right before I exchanged it.

Medenblik, as for your 4GB, the device is supposed to be compatible with the SDHC (I have seen entries in the registry that say it is enabled), but I doubt the OS recognizes it properly. Due to a driver not loaded properly, no doubt.
    Last edited by jevangil; 03/09/2007 at 02:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jevangil View Post
    I have a Kingston 2GB card and have had no issues in my second Treo. My first one lost it once, right before I exchanged it.

Medenblik, as for your 4GB, the device is supposed to be compatible with the SDHC (I have seen entries in the registry that say it is enabled), but I doubt the OS recognizes it properly. Due to a driver not loaded properly, no doubt.

Where is that registry setting? I have formatted in FAT format with no luck, PC and LAPTOP see it but no luck on TREO

-Keith
  10.    #10  
    Can I get something right here..

Is the 'problem' just solved by ejecting/reinserting? Is it as simple as that? Because that is not really much of a problem to me atleast

a little inconvient but not really a problem at all

takes less than a second
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    Most of the time, it requires a soft reset. The driver seems to crash or corrupt in system memory. By resetting, it loads a fresh new copy and it works properly. There must be a program or plugin that is crashing the memory space of the driver.

Medenblik,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\57
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SDHC

These are two entries I found in the registry. The second one has a sub entry called DLL and has a string value of SDHC_SC2410.DLL.

Also, I think for SDHC, it has to be in FAT32.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jevangil; 03/12/2007 at 03:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jevangil View Post
    Most of the time, it requires a soft reset. The driver seems to crash or corrupt in system memory. By resetting, it loads a fresh new copy and it works properly. There must be a program or plugin that is crashing the memory space of the driver.

Medenblik,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Active\57
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SDHC

These are two entries I found in the registry. The second one has a sub entry called DLL and has a string value of SDHC_SC2410.DLL.

Also, I think for SDHC, it has to be in FAT32.

Hope this helps.

I re-formatted in FAT32 and I have those entries in my REG in my TREO 750. Still no luck on the 750 seeing the card. It makes the noise like it knows but shows memory card not installed when look under settings.

I guess I will have to buy a generic 4 GIG mini that is not SDHC.

-Keith
    I have a SanDisk 2gig in my 750. No problems yet. I have had in there since I bought the phone.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Just so everyone knows, I have exchange 3 Treo 750's through Cingular, and another 5 or 6 different brands and sizes of SD cards and had no success with keeping the card alive for more than 24 hours... No help from Palm (too bad, they used to be a decent company many years ago. Now they are on the list of "never do business with" companies).
    The solution is not getting a cheap card. I have two Transcend 2gb cards that I bought from NewEgg and they both work 100%.
    I also have a 2GB Transcend card and have not had a single problem since installing it about 5 months ago ... knock on wood.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I've got a Kingston 2GB on my brand new 750. The card disappears here and there. I don't think Kingston is a cheap brand.

It's more than annoyance if you rely on the miniSD card for your day-to-day stuff such as storing email attachments and accessing bibles.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Also it's causing problems for Sprite not being able to do backup to the miniSD card reliably.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Transcend 2G has worked fine for the couple months I've had it.
    I have a Transcend 2GB that I also got from NewEgg, but I intermitently have some problems with the card disappearing and sometimes a soft reboot will not work. Neither will removing the card and putting it back in.

My fix has been this:

1) Remove the card;
    2) Soft reboot;
    3) Go into File Explorer and delete any instances of Storage Card and/or Storage Card 2; and
    4) Soft reboot and instert card before boot completed.

It's possible the step number 2 will not be necessary and you can just remove the card and detele the folders Storage Card and Storage Card 2.

Hope this helps and I hope that Palm comes out with a fix soon, or better yet....WM6 upgrade!
    Palm III -> Palm m105 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 600 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 650 -> Unlocked GSM Treo 680 -> Cingular Treo 750 (now unlocked!)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast