1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    This is a great addition to the Windows Mobile lineup! It sounds like it functions like exchange email but the only drawback I would see is if it requires NET 2.0 & I don't see the Treo700wx as a compatible smartphone under their list as yet.
    http://msmobiles.com/news.php/6140.html
    It's only available for the Smartphone platform, not for PPC right now. We can't run it anyway. The other version is set to be released in April, I believe.
    END OF LINE
    The previous version was a huge headach. Didn't realize for several months that it was the source of frequent hard resets.

I'm happy now having Outlook on my laptop go out and pop yahoo. I don't get the mail on my Treo unless the laptop is syncing with my exchange server, then it gets pushed to the phone.
    I tried the previous version too. It was nothing short of a train wreck, and most of its functionality was lost on me. This would have to be a really worthwhile new revised app in order for me to even consider it, as much of what it does I have worked out already in other ways...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Why no treo support?
    eh, we already have google maps and msn live.... I doubt this will be that much better...
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    The previous version was a huge headach. Didn't realize for several months that it was the source of frequent hard resets.
    It lasted on my Treo less than 2 hours. Right away I could see problems.

I've been following this thread hoping they'd improve their offering.
    I think the previous version of yahoo go, on my sprint 700wx was sending international text message to the UK while it was installing without me knowing. I got charged 4 times in the last 2 months $.15 cents each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    It lasted on my Treo less than 2 hours. Right away I could see problems.

I've been following this thread hoping they'd improve their offering.
    I've been using it since 700WX was released with Sprint, Ive never had any issues, other than maybe a photo I take not showing up on my yahoo pictures for a few hours.
    How can I get the older version of Yahoo! Go? The Treo isn't showing up on the list.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    are we saying that this previous version works with WM5 on the treo?
    Yes.
    I have been using it on my Treo 700wx since it's out.
    For some reasons, it stopped working for a month (others reported that problem also) but it's working again now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
    are we saying that this previous version works with WM5 on the treo?
    Yes
    Hmmm seems the old version of Yahoo! Go links to the web... I don't see the point of using it unless you use the email feature. I'm disappointed.
    That's the only feature I use (email).
    Actually, the application itself is useless, only the Yahoo Connection App. is necessary for email.
    Btw, for some who are still looking for the old version, I found the "official" link:

http://sites.mobile.yahoo.com/go/mobile/getstarted