webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps > making a call without showing my number
making a call without showing my number
  Closed Thread

Old 03/07/2007, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Is there a way I can make a call without it displaying my phone number to the receiving party?
Old 03/07/2007, 06:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Dial: *67 and then the phone number. Press send/dial.
Old 03/07/2007, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

lmao.. think this works on any cell carrier but I use it on sprint... you just need a friends native sprint cell number and you can dial to anyone and it will show up 'restricted' for free.

dial: 11 + friends sprint number

then when their voicemail comes on (it won't ring their phone..goes straight to voicemail) you hit **. That will ask you for your voicemail box...you punch in your 10 digit sprint number and hit #. Then it will ask for your password....type that in and hit #. Now that you are in your voicemail system you can use the 8 option to dial out... type the 10 digit number and hit #. Whoever you call it will show up as restricted.
Old 03/07/2007, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Simply dialing the #code, on Sprint, has always worked for me without cost (free). Why dial the extra digits?
Old 03/07/2007, 09:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

All those morose steps just to avoid simply using *67?
Smart...
Old 03/07/2007, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

I guess nobody knows the other benefit ehh? Do a search for it on other boards...

Also, I set a speed dial to do all of that extra work for me (with waits programmed in). I hit a button, wait a few seconds, and then I'm ready to dial whoever I want.
Old 03/07/2007, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm aware of the OTHER benefits, and use them with speed dials & such. But I don't understand why you would use it for this purpose. Why spend the time to set up the speed dials, or the wait each time you dial, when you can do it quicker with no additional cost?
Old 03/07/2007, 10:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks!
Old 03/08/2007, 08:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

If your purpose was to only block your call as private instead of restricted (which can still be traced easily) then yes you would want to use *67,

I was trying to bring to light another way of doing it that adds other benefits and only takes a couple of seconds if set up correctly. *67 still has a direct link back to the caller; using my method doesn't. Private is different than restricted to the phone company.

Was I told wrong?
Old 03/08/2007, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
If your purpose was to only block your call as private instead of restricted (which can still be traced easily) then yes you would want to use *67,

I was trying to bring to light another way of doing it that adds other benefits and only takes a couple of seconds if set up correctly. *67 still has a direct link back to the caller; using my method doesn't. Private is different than restricted to the phone company.

Was I told wrong?
How long have you been using this? Have you verified with your paper bill that it's listing these calls as mobile to mobile? Since a few others have said this has not worked for them, I wanted to get your input.
Old 03/08/2007, 11:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

it ALWAYS shows as mobile to mobile for ME. I have a native sprint number (not ported from another carrier) and the friend's cell number I use is a native sprint number as well. I'm not sure if it has to be native but I've heard that could have something to do with it. I've been using it for months and it has worked every time. After you make a call like this you can even log in to your account online and see that you have used more mobile to mobile minutes instead of anytime minutes. It works.
Old 03/08/2007, 12:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
it ALWAYS shows as mobile to mobile for ME. I have a native sprint number (not ported from another carrier) and the friend's cell number I use is a native sprint number as well. I'm not sure if it has to be native but I've heard that could have something to do with it. I've been using it for months and it has worked every time. After you make a call like this you can even log in to your account online and see that you have used more mobile to mobile minutes instead of anytime minutes. It works.
Thanks.. Repped! Oops, wrong forum
Old 03/08/2007, 06:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

gotcha (with the cid status). thanks.
Old 03/08/2007, 07:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Just let her go, man. It's over.
Old 03/08/2007, 07:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

lmao zagleft... nice.
Old 08/20/2011, 07:26 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
Dial: *67 and then the phone number. Press send/dial.
bekarrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 05/29/2013, 03:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

this site is awesome ....
Old 08/10/2013, 12:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodude View Post
Is there a way I can make a call without it displaying my phone number to the receiving party?
Old 08/10/2013, 03:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

[thread closed]
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Closed Thread

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0