Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    DAMN Robdam, I hope all goes well. It is hard to imagine it was phonealarm. Maybe the dood from your siggy is pissed at you and sneaking in at night and jacking your phone up!
    RIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    RIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    I leave PhoneAlarm on the default "Home Profile". I do not change profiles EVER. How could PA then just suddenly decide to permanently turn my radio off? I honestly hope that it is PA or some other app that I have installed that is wreaking havoc on my phones and not (2) wx/Lemons.
    One thing you can do robdam is reset your radio on the wx did you try that at all.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    here is an answer for u rob...install one app at a time. soft reset to see if ur radio is off or on. try the first one that is not phonealarm. the second program is phone alarm. if phone alarm is the cause then don't use it. else, u got a bad phone.
    here is an answer for u rob...install one app at a time. soft reset to see if ur radio is off or on. try the first one that is not phonealarm. the second program is phone alarm. if phone alarm is the cause then don't use it. else, u got a bad phone.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slyaii View Post
    I can't see what good this would do since I have had PA installed since day 1 without any problems whatsoever until yesterday - when the radio decided not to turn on. I did not change ANYTHING or adjust any settings or tweak ANYTHING prior to not being able to turn the radio on. It was 1st thing yesterday morning and I turned the radio on and the WX indicated that I had 1 VM. I checked the VM which worked fine, hung up the phone. The next time I looked at the phone, the radio off icon was on.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I can't see what good this would do since I have had PA installed since day 1 without any problems whatsoever until yesterday - when the radio decided not to turn on.
    This is most likely a hardware problem, but the only way to find out is to hard reset right after the problem happens. If the phone works fine then it was software. If that's the case, the other recommendation is the right way to debug the problem. Load one (or two) programs at a time and use the phone. I'd actually load in sets of programs. I'd start with the programs that you think are least likely to cause any problem, and then start adding the suspect programs one at a time, using the phone after each new install.

I don't believe that Phone Alarm has the ability to "Fry" the radio. Any good OS should stop developers from accessing hardware directly, and I'm sure this is true for Windows Mobile as well. In the old days you could talk directly to the hardware, but this is not so easy anymore. (I don't develop on Windows Mobile, so I don't know this for sure)

For the record, I have run Phone Alarm with multiple profiles since the day I got the wx.

trio
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12