1.    #1  
    I have my 700wx hooked up thru serial usb to pdanet. it connects for a minute, sometimes less. and keeps on getting connection lost...any suggestions?
    I have had PDAnet for a couple of months. It always had worked great, but the last 2 weeks I have been runing into the same issues! ANyone have the fix? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    USBModem..
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    USBModem has the same issue for me.....won't stay connected for long periods of time.
    Do a search here. There are a couple of threads regarding PDA net and the connection.

I had the problem, and Junefabrics just told me to make sure all other Network Adapters were disabled. Still no luck...

Eventually figured out that my networked HP printer, was running a networking agent called "digital imaging monitor" that was causing the disconnect. Right click on the green icon in the tray and close....
    Anyone else? I am still having this issue. Any suggestions?
    I gave up on PDA net, biggest waste of my money. Hannips bluetooth stack worked for me, no dropped connection and free too!
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    I gave up on PDA net, biggest waste of my money. Hannips bluetooth stack worked for me, no dropped connection and free too!
    Okay, but how does that answer the question of those who are having trouble with PDANet. If they paid for the software they're going to want to continue to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    Okay, but how does that answer the question of those who are having trouble with PDANet. If they paid for the software they're going to want to continue to use it.
    Just because you paid for something, it doesn't always guarantee you it's going to work perfectly.

Fix? Move on....there are other options that work. This is a known issue and like myself, I should of done some research before hand.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Did this problem ever get solved?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Did this problem ever get solved?
    yeah, i got a new phone...the mogul
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I have used PdaNet for several months and like many of you have had this problem but have managed to work through them. If you're patient like you are when working through any other issues with the 700wx the problems can most likely be worked out.

PdaNet's website gives some good possible solutions to this problem as follows.

1. Make sure that you don't have any programs on your phone that update themselves automatically and many of the programs on my phone did this so once I made sure that I turned that "auto update" features off on each of these problems I found that that helped. (Also make sure your phone stays one while using it as a modem, I made this simple mistake).

2. This section is copied and pasted directly from June Fabrics website.

Connection established successfully but drops after 1 or 2 minutes for no reason.

This can be caused by a few different reasons:

LAN connections on your computer might send data packets to the cellphone connection and cause the network to drop. You should go to Network Connections on the computer then right click and disable any LAN or Wireless Network connections.
    Some applications on your phone might attempt to periodically connect to the Internet every few minutes, this will cause the PdaNet connection to drop. Examples for such type of programs are GoodLink, Wireless Sync, Trillian and Pocket Outlook. You need to change their settings to stop doing the auto connection when PdaNet is in use.
    Certain network programs on your computer might also cause this to happen, for example VPN software that installs extra network service over the connection. Another example is Microsoft Groove and IBM Connect. Try to install and connect PdaNet on a different computer and see if you get the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by aerajan View Post
    I have used PdaNet for several months and like many of you have had this problem but have managed to work through them. If you're patient like you are when working through any other issues with the 700wx the problems can most likely be worked out.

PdaNet's website gives some good possible solutions to this problem as follows.

1. Make sure that you don't have any programs on your phone that update themselves automatically and many of the programs on my phone did this so once I made sure that I turned that "auto update" features off on each of these problems I found that that helped. (Also make sure your phone stays one while using it as a modem, I made this simple mistake).

2. This section is copied and pasted directly from June Fabrics website.

Connection established successfully but drops after 1 or 2 minutes for no reason.

This can be caused by a few different reasons:

LAN connections on your computer might send data packets to the cellphone connection and cause the network to drop. You should go to Network Connections on the computer then right click and disable any LAN or Wireless Network connections.
    Some applications on your phone might attempt to periodically connect to the Internet every few minutes, this will cause the PdaNet connection to drop. Examples for such type of programs are GoodLink, Wireless Sync, Trillian and Pocket Outlook. You need to change their settings to stop doing the auto connection when PdaNet is in use.
    Certain network programs on your computer might also cause this to happen, for example VPN software that installs extra network service over the connection. Another example is Microsoft Groove and IBM Connect. Try to install and connect PdaNet on a different computer and see if you get the same problem.
    There are also a couple of areas that may affect continuous PDANet connection. These are: 1). XP OS TCPWindowSize value may be set too high at Windows Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters. Make sure this value is reduced to ~17540 or lower whenever you try to connect via PDANet. Most XP systems are configured optimally at 128480 or higher for broadband connection, but this value should be reduced to much lower to allow stable EVDO connection. Remember to restart computer for registry update to take effect, and 2). Disable VPN, antivirus, and/or spyware programs whenever PDANet is connected.

I have used PDANet for a couple of years now, and it works fine every time as long as these two areas are configure properly prior to connection. I downloaded a tool called TCPOptimizer to allow easy update/change to the TCPWindowSize value whenever I want to connect with PDANet or you can simply change this registry manually. Hope this helps!

Tony
    SF, CA
    Last edited by Antonc; 04/30/2008 at 12:12 AM.
    Hmm...PDAnet used to work fairly flawlessly for me on xp. Now I've gone to Vista, and it disconnects all the time. I've tried to figure out other modem methods, but I strictly use Bluetooth. I never carry a cable and I don't want to. I'd like to hear more about LbSigman's success. (Even though that was over a year ago)