Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well I think I have fixed my bluetooth drop out on my Verizon Wireless Treo 700wx. Here is what I did.

After reading one of Hannip's earlier posts, I changed this reg setting:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway

ConnectScoInAlways : REG_DWORD

Determines whether or not audio is routed to the Bluetooth hands-free device.
    0 - Incoming calls answered in the handset and audio is not routed to hands-free device. Default.
    1 - Incoming calls answered in the handset and routes audio to hands-free device

My device was set by default to 0. This made it so if I answered a call from the handset while bluetooth was conncted the audio would go through the handset. If I answered a call from the headset then the audio would go through the bluetooth.

I thought that maybe this was messing up the bluetooth connect since the only difference between the VZW Treo 700wx and the Sprint version are a few reg setting and drivers.

The Sprint version is set to 1 and the VZW version is set to 0. By setting the DWORD to 1 I haven't seen anymore drop outs.

Try it out and tell me if it works for you.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Thanks.....I will give it a shot
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Well maybe it didn't fix it. Just had a drop out. It seems to happen when the screen turns off and it is in powersave mode. This is making me so mad.
    I cant take this dropout issue!!!! Spend $600 on this damn phone and cannot find a bt headset with good quality audio and does not drop out!!! AARRGG
    I had the opportunity to spend 15 minutes with 3 Plantronics reps at a trade show today. All three wondered if I had found a BT headset that worked with my VZW 700wx.

They confirmed flat out that they do not have a product that can overcome the crap BT issues, and they do not know of anyone who makes such a magic device. One of the reps has a WX and is still looking for a headset that will stay connected.

NYC with Tribute in Light - April 10, 2002
    It's only 70" wide. I should have shot it for my 700wx instead of the wall!
    Yeah it really is sad that we can't get a headset to stay connected to the wx....even with hannip's a2dp bt stack update I still have disconnects. I even bought plantronic's best headset and it still has problems. Dropouts occur 2 feet away randomly. Also, I get a lot of static unless I'm real close to the phone.
    Anyone here of a timeframe or any news on a ROM upgrade from Palm that will fix this? Trying to stay optimistic because the day I sell my 700wx on ebay is the day they give us the fix...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Day 1 with Jabra BT500V and so far so good.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Sweet robdam... I'll have to look at this reg setting. So far I am not having any problems with my vzw wx.

I found my h700 today! I'm taking the bt500v back. Glad you got yours! I had no problems really than a little bit of crackling here and there, but it was for the most part a great combo(wx and bt500v). I just can't justify the $$ when I found my h700
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    Sweet robdam... I'll have to look at this reg setting. So far I am not having any problems with my vzw wx.

I found my h700 today! I'm taking the bt500v back. Glad you got yours! I had no problems really than a little bit of crackling here and there, but it was for the most part a great combo(wx and bt500v). I just can't justify the $$ when I found my h700
    ahhh dude! Keep it! Let's both suffer the same fate!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    I'll pm you my paypal addy....hahahahaha
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Hi Dimitri,

It looks like you have your registry settings backwards. The Sprint Treo 700wx should be set to 0, and the Verizon Treo 700w should be set to 1. The Verizon Treo 700wx now by default should be set at 0. This is strictly an audio routing setting and has nothing to do with any link drops you are experiencing.

Palm is aware of some Bluetooth link drop problems with certain headsets. Our understanding of the issue is that it is a low-level problem with the Bluetooth chip used in our Treo 700w/wx line that causes the phone and headset to get out of sync when the chip is in a certain mode.

Altering the ConnectScoInAlways setting will not affect these drops; it just changes where audio is routed depending on where the user answers the call.

Hope this helps clear up this issue.
    So can we expect a fix Palm BT Jacin? I spent a lot of money on the new plantronics 665 and this 700wx from sprint and it doesn't work well at all. My h700 was even worse.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_BT_Jacin View Post
    Palm is aware of some Bluetooth link drop problems with certain headsets. Our understanding of the issue is that it is a low-level problem with the Bluetooth chip used in our Treo 700w/wx line that causes the phone and headset to get out of sync when the chip is in a certain mode.
    This is happening with almost every heaset. This is not a small problem for us. What is Palm planning to do with this issue?
    Yes - can Palm actually get on the stick and release emergency update? This is giving Palm straight FFFFFF's for NO SUPPORT
  16. sku
    I just got a treo 700wx (verizon). This is my first one. I started off not happy with this phone because of the bluetooth dropout Issue. I tried the following bt headsets that did not work with the phone (some of which also had poor voice quality):

1) Moto H505 (not 500)
    2) Moto HS850
    3) Nokia BH-200

All three dropped out constantly and burned up the 700wx's battery life.

Finally, I got fed up with it and went and purchased the best headset made just to try. I went to cingular wireless store (eventhough I have Verizon) and bought the JAWBONE. This is the best. Not only does it stay connected all day to the 700wx, the 700wx battery worked as it should, and the call quality is the best I have seen. It cuts out the background noise and the volume adjusts automatically, and no static.

It is not cheap ($120.00) but worth every penney since I like 700wx to wirelessly sync my calendar and email contacts, and send a read only calendar to my old lady via WebDav on godaddy (so I don't have to hear! What is your schedule like tomarrow? - I f***ing hate that).

Get the JAWBONE! Buy it at cingular wireless so if it does not work for you can take it back within 30 days. I guarantee you won't take it back.

In addition, the range on this thing is very good. I am not the best jusdge of distance but you will get at least 30 feet out of this one (jawbone).

For instance I left my phone in the car when I picked my son up at school. I was in the second row of the lot and did not loose the connection until I made it to the door (a tone comes in your ear).

Get the JAWBONE and keep the phone

Here is what it says on the back of the package of the Jawbone:

Military Grade technology eliminates background noise for uninterupted and productive conversations.

Crying babies, street noise, or annoying airport loudspeakers will not interupt your next call when using Jawbone's Noise Shield

Light on your ear and easy to use.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Jawbones has a far distance. I walk all over my house with minor static. and the only reason i think the static is present is because of my wifi. and i have over 3000 sq.ft. of living
    My problem is with my BMW 330i. I can switch my car like I can change a headset. lol. Not only does it drop connection, it will automaticlly ignore my calls as well.
    I have noticed that the biggest issue is with the Bluetooth adapter functions, like in my car.

When the phone rings, if I hit the answer key on the phone instead of on my car, it seems to connect OK. If I hit the answer key in my car or on my headset, it drops the call. If I dail the number on my phone, the car picks it up, if I dial using the quick dial in the car, it may drop the connection.

This kindda takes away the "Hands Free" point, but it works for now (For me anyway)