1.    #1  
    Totally a crazy rumor as of right now, but Engadget had this to say today:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/06/p...one-this-year/

Would it be enough for you to dump your 700?

I think I'd have to seriously consider it...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Interesting....it say's "smartphone" though........................ick.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Interesting....it say's "smartphone" though........................ick.
    err..."smartphone" here is meant in the generic sense, not the WM distinction since the OS it runs is currently not known (this might be anything).

Even if it were Windows Mobile, Palm has a history with the PPC version of the OS not the smartphone so it'd most likely be the former anyway.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Sprint/WIMAX/Palm
    I had a good feeling palm was going to jump when Apples are falling off trees in the consumers hand in June.
    Great news f,sure
    I CANT WAIT

Phil C
    Bring it on
  6.    #6  
    Mal - what's up with that sig, man? Are you serious?

The reason I ask is not to bust chops, but because I spent some time with a Q in great detail a few weeks ago, and I was wondering how life would be different if I left the land of the touch screen...

I don't think I can give up the dearth of programs I have gotten used to on the PPC platform though...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    my next palm will be called the iphone...I'm giving up hope that Palm can ever right this ship and correct this phone!...given that the company is up for sale, I'd bet they are scared to death that Apple will eat their lunch and they have no plan to introduce anything remotely innovative enough to compete with the other major carriers let alone apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    my next palm will be called the iphone...I'm giving up hope that Palm can ever right this ship and correct this phone!...given that the company is up for sale, I'd bet they are scared to death that Apple will eat their lunch and they have no plan to introduce anything remotely innovative enough to compete with the other major carriers let alone apple.
    I don't understand how u can compare the Iphone with the treo I think the iphone looks awesome but for my business needs I do not think it would be able to even compete with the treo.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Mal - what's up with that sig, man? Are you serious?
    It's too late for him - he's been assimilated

“Resistance is futile”
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I just have alot more faith in Apple's ability to write a sync program to interface with Outlook, then I do in having Palm get it right once and for all...
    We all continue to support a device with a lack of memory, needs to be rebooted daily, cant sync half the time, and with a screen resolution that is unacceptable, so yes, anything Apple does will be better, and yes, I use my phone extensively in my business as well. However, being more productive using the iphone will make up for any benefits that the Palm may have had a year ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    I just have alot more faith in Apple's ability to write a sync program to interface with Outlook, then I do in having Palm get it right once and for all...
    We all continue to support a device with a lack of memory, needs to be rebooted daily, cant sync half the time, and with a screen resolution that is unacceptable, so yes, anything Apple does will be better, and yes, I use my phone extensively in my business as well. However, being more productive using the iphone will make up for any benefits that the Palm may have had a year ago...
    will the iphone even be able to be used in conjuction with outlook. I would think there would also be some limitaions due to the iphone operating system.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Don't get me wrong...I'm staying with my 700 till then and will try to get it upgraded to a wx, either through insurance or by complaining enough as others have that eventually I get a replacement...what's frustrating now however is to see that folks here are having so many problems with their verizon 700wx's. that to me just reinforces my thought that Palm is in big trouble...let's just hope that whoever buys the company, that they fix all of this and doesnt just kill the Treo line to put it out of its misery.