1.    #1  
    On my PC in Contacts, I store multiple phone numbers under the same contact name. I do this to list the numerous cell phone numbers that a family might have but have them under just one contact name. I identify who's number it is by letters (their name) after the phone number. For example I enter telephone fields (mobile, car, other, etc) like this to denote cell phones (for the same family):

847-999-9999 (Dave)
    847-999-9998 (Sam)

Anyone else experience this or have a fix?
    Last edited by shkbra1; 03/08/2007 at 07:30 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Found my own answer. Even though Outlook and WM5 itself ignores letters after a number, the Treo 700wx does not. Furthermore if there are letters after the number, it does not know what to do with them. It will not place the call no matter how many times you press the call button or tap on the screen. So if a family that I know has 5 cell phone numbers, then I have to have a seperate contact for each one of them. Seems kinda dumb. Microsoft did not intend it to be this way in WM5......shortsightedness on the side of Palm I would say. Yes, I am whining.........
    Last edited by shkbra1; 03/08/2007 at 07:32 AM.
  3.    #3  
    By any chance anyone good enough to know if say a registry change or the like might allow letters to be entered behind a contact phone number without confusing the phone to the point that it won't dial? This kind of stuff is way over my head.........
    Last edited by shkbra1; 03/08/2007 at 07:27 AM.
    Does other Windows based devices allow you to enter letters after phone number?
    I can call numbers with letters at the end but not from contact dialog -- only from the Today screen.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Does other Windows based devices allow you to enter letters after phone number?
    Yes other devices do and WM5 is supposed to allow it as a whole. I talked to Microsoft Windows Mobile division and they had a couple other phones that it worked on.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    I can call numbers with letters at the end but not from contact dialog -- only from the Today screen.
    Same thing with me......works from the today screen but it will not work from the contacts panel. So for me, I wanted to say "Lookup (name)", have it pull up the contact (which it does) and then either tap on the appropriate number or highlight it and then press the call key (which does not work if there any number of letters after the telephone number). Very quirky......I wonder if a registry edit could fix this?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    What format are you using? To get it to work from the today screen field, I had to enter the format below. Still not able to get it to work from within contacts though.

000-000-0000 [Dave]

This would not work (even from the today screen)

000-000-0000 (Dave)
    Last edited by shkbra1; 03/09/2007 at 04:34 PM.