Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    The mini SD card issue...not being recognized, not loading my programs, just not working. The bluetooth dropping connections. Squeaking screen issue. Palm's VERY annoying tweaks to the OS...why can't we turn these "features" off?
    I hated not being able to easily tap the screen to get to the speakerphone. Using the volume switch on the Today screen showed the battery level instead of controlling volume (seriously Palm?). Instead of the soft keys making things quick and easy they required me to make extra key presses because of Palm's adjustments. Instead of being able to use my car's bluetooth system I had to turn the phone off in order for it not to annoy and distract me since the bluetooth connection sometimes dropped completely or, even worse, partially dropped, leaving me unable to turn off the call and unable to hear the other party. The phone had me pissed at it within the first few hours of ownership and I was back to using my "old" phone.

The Treo 750v is NOT a good example of how Windows Mobile should work. If this phone is your first experience with Windows Mobile then please don't judge all devices with this OS based on you experiences with the 750. The TyTN is an excellent example of a Windows Mobile phone though...that's what I am back to using. Plus, the battery life seems like it is almost double using the TyTN...
    Yeah I am pretty frustrated too. The latest "bug-a-boo" I have is that the 750 will not launch applications and I have to do a soft reset. It usually occurs overnight.

I have had my share of WM devices over the years and I have to say the 750 is the most unstable device I have ever owned. Palm cannot get an update out fast enough for this unstable device.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    i have not experienced (many) issues with my 750v (vodafone). I had a time or 2 where i had to pull out the battery and reset it. (i do not use the reset button).

I have not yet bought a miniSD card, so i wouldnt know if mine forgets the miniSD card, but i hope not.

I have:
    -----------------------------------
    no application will not run
    no application freezes
    1 or 2 phone freezes

Bluetooth is working with my sonyericsson hsv-835? (bought it after reading the review here at treocentral).

Squaeking screen? I have experienced that it moves slightly into the phone if i press the screen at the very bottom. But when i stop pressing the foam behind the screen presses it out again. My 650 and 680 feels solid.

My volume buttons in the side does give me volume control.
    I have experienced once the thing with the volume button. This happened to me after I installed SPB software. After a restore it was ok again.
    Other then that no problems whatsoever with my 750v.
    Treo 750v ---> Now Sold.
    I've just moved across to the Treo 750V from an Mda Vario II (Hermes, TytN etc..) and I cannot tell you how much more I prefer the Treo... its a phone first and a PDA second.

Here is my thread on Modaco

But ultimatly the grass always looks greener on the other side
    Initially, I had so many annoying problems with the treo, that I sold it. But, there were many things that I loved. Once I figured out how to tweak it to allow the battery to last at least a day, the volume and card problems to go away, I kind of settled it. It's a really great device for my needs. Saying that, I don't load many 3rd party apps these days...........just the basics.
    Mike

Eph 2:8-9
    I agree. I had a 750 with Cingular for a short period. I left Cingular but hated the phone. It always had issues. I now have the 700wx with Sprint and it has been solid since day 1.
    As is the case with any technology, if you start using a new thing (whatever it may be) and expect it to work just like your old thing, and aren't flexible and open-minded, you're going to be unhappy.

Dang - I just got this new thing called a CamCorder, and it doesn't work AT ALL like that Etch-A-Sketch I had. This 'camcorder' has way too many buttons! I liked the two buttons on my Etch-A-Sketch. And where did my big huge screen go?! This dumb camcorder has such a tiny little screen, and it flips out, of all things. Who came up with that?! And why can't I just shake the camcorder to get rid of the picture, just like I did before, on my Etch-A-Sketch??

Whoever designed this camcorder thing really should take a look at the Etch-A-Sketch to see how to REALLY make a product.

(rolls eyes).
    I have had zero problems with my Treo 750 on cingular other than the hsdpa hack not working at all times, it has been very solid with no freezes or resets.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    As is the case with any technology, if you start using a new thing (whatever it may be) and expect it to work just like your old thing, and aren't flexible and open-minded, you're going to be unhappy.

Dang - I just got this new thing called a CamCorder, and it doesn't work AT ALL like that Etch-A-Sketch I had. This 'camcorder' has way too many buttons! I liked the two buttons on my Etch-A-Sketch. And where did my big huge screen go?! This dumb camcorder has such a tiny little screen, and it flips out, of all things. Who came up with that?! And why can't I just shake the camcorder to get rid of the picture, just like I did before, on my Etch-A-Sketch??

Whoever designed this camcorder thing really should take a look at the Etch-A-Sketch to see how to REALLY make a product.

(rolls eyes).

Thanks! I needed a laugh this morning.
    I too love the Treo 750! It did take me a few days to relearn some new habits, but over all a great device. Most of the issues I have had are due to 3rd party apps, not treo bugs including the battery bubble issue. Some people just give up at the first sign of adversity. I guess im still at the age where learning new things is exciting.
    LOL...he said Etch-a-Sketch!!
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    I've had mine since October and I've owned almost every Treo there has been. From a spec and hardware standpoint I really liked the 750. But the bugs and problems outway the pros. If you use bluetooth for anything other than a headset it's terrible. By comparison I've been trying a Q with the lastest firmware updated and it's night and day better than the 750 in terms of stability and bluetooth. It really shows the difference when something is done right. All my Treo stuff is up for sale on ebay. Good luck, Palm. With this kind of product and the competition out there, they are going to need it.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    I too love the Treo 750! It did take me a few days to relearn some new habits, but over all a great device. Most of the issues I have had are due to 3rd party apps, not treo bugs including the battery bubble issue. Some people just give up at the first sign of adversity. I guess im still at the age where learning new things is exciting.
    Here's the kicker. The 750 isn't really "new" by any stretch. Palm should have nailed down and removed a lot of the "kinks" having experience with the 700w and wx. I don't think it's a matter of giving up at the sign of adversity. As an experienced WM owner, I expect these devices to have some level of ill performance but the level of "bugs" that the 750 series has shown is just not a good sign.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I have had zero problems with my Treo 750 on cingular other than the hsdpa hack not working at all times, it has been very solid with no freezes or resets.
    Pretty much my experience too. Only problem is with VC and once disabled all has been perfect - no resets or freezes - no problems at all. I live in a fringe 3G area so I have to keep UMTS disabled until I go into a stong 3G area - about 2 miles away. With the Palm tweaks I think that the 750 is the best device for one-handed use I have ever used.

BTW I have disabled all the today screen items and installed FizzWeather and PocketBreeze 5.2 which has some very nice today screen features. I use speed dial and the handy Palm today screen contact lookup feature for one-handed use. Don't even miss VC.

Finally, I use SKtools to clean the device and then use Sprite Backup each night. Sprite uses a soft reset before and after backup so I am sure doing this helps to clean up the memory so I don't have reset problems. Try this procedure and I think that you will be happier using the 750. Sounds to me like maybe some of you just have defective devices and need to exchange them.

Frank
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I will admit that it was a rough couple of weeks, being a 4 year palm user. And I agree there are some annoying bugs. And I agree that palm needs to be careful, because they are in a highly competitive market. However, for me, this device best meets my needs. The things about the 750 that I find most desirable are:

1. A touch screen
    2. Form factor (for a touch screen device)
    3. One handed use. It is not as good as a palm powered device, but is better than any other windows powered device.
    4. I want to stay with Cingular
    5. Exchange activesync is excellent.

I just don't see anything else currently available, that meets my core needs.

I realize people have different requirements though. For example, Bluetooth just isn't that important to me. So Bluetooth bugs aren't even on my radar screen. But if you use Bluetooth a lot. I can see how that would be extremely annoying.

The sound bugs are definately a pain. Especially if are using phonealarm.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I should have mentioned that I only use BT for connecting to my BT-338 GPS unit and that works perfectly so I would not encounter the BT errors that others are seeing. As for PhoneAlarm I have tried it several times with different and updated versions and always wind up removing it because it causes glitches including resets and freezes. I know that others have used it without problems but for some reason I have problems. And any software that cause me problems of that sort is immediately gone from my devices.

Frank
    I personally don't recognize all of these things. Have been using PalmOS devices for years and years, and this is my first Windows Mobile device. Works perfectly, very stable and allows me to install anything I want.

About the memorycard, I can't judge that, since my ordered card is still in backorder...
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    I must be one of the lucky ones. PhoneAlarm is working great as well as many other 3rd party apps. The Treo connects to my BT GPS and stays connected as long as I want it to - never an issue. Also BT connects to my Cars built-in BT (Displays callerID info in dash as expected - handsfree works perfectly). I have had some issues/bugs - battery bubble etc. But all were fixed with removal of some quirky 3rd party software. OH, the SD card... Had an issue with a "Fake" Sandisk card" replaced it with a "REAL" Sandisk 2gb card and its flawless. Be aware some ebayers are selling "fake" Sandisk MiniSD cards - and they know it.

This is my 3rd WM phone device, but I have had 3 PPC in the past. I guess im used to trouble shooting and 9/10 its 3rd party software causing problems. Sorry to hear so many of you are not having my luck with the Treo.

As with anything, go with what works for you! I purchased 19 Treo 750's for my employees and no one is having any issues at all, granted they keep there devices pretty much OEM/factory default. A few others still have the blackjack or blackberry and they want to keep them, we shall see about that.
    The problem with releasing a device that support a lot of customization and 3rd party apps is that there will be issues. When you make a lot of tweaks here and there, there will be issues, not just with WM, but with pretty much anything device or gadgets.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast