Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    WELL I LOVE MY TREO 750. I have no issues.

ONLY PROBLEM not recognizes my 4 GIG mini-SD. CArd works fine in laptop and in USB card reader on PC, so I know the card works, i put applications on the card but TREO just doesn;t see it, it makes a noise when I insert the card but doesn't show up on TREO.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks

-Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by medenblik View Post
    WELL I LOVE MY TREO 750. I have no issues.

ONLY PROBLEM not recognizes my 4 GIG mini-SD. CArd works fine in laptop and in USB card reader on PC, so I know the card works, i put applications on the card but TREO just doesn;t see it, it makes a noise when I insert the card but doesn't show up on TREO.

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks

-Keith
    I wish I had a dime for each time someone posts something like....."I have no issues but this, that, and the other thing". Or, even better, "the device is perfect except this doesn't work properly and that works some of the time".

PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    I wish I had a dime for each time someone posts something like....."I have no issues but this, that, and the other thing". Or, even better, "the device is perfect except this doesn't work properly and that works some of the time".

Show me a device that doesn't have a least 1 or two issues. My post was like that "No issues except 3 times I had to re-insert the mini SD card." That's far from being a problematic device.

But still I see the irony
    So we have determined that everyone has some or maybe a lot of problems. The question is are those problems a deal breaker for you and your 750. Here is how your fellow 750 owners are voting on their overall satisfaction on this device.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5 View Post
    I don't recall where I requested to be flamed...you can point that part out if you wish.

The Treo 600 didn't have bluetooth if I am remembering correctly. The Treo 650 has always had bluetooth problems...and I would know, I had about 7 of them! The 680's battery life was too short for me to be concerned with using bluetooth. I was too worried about finding a power outlet. I've never tried the 700p though.

I really am not concerned with whether the 750v happens to work in your S550, G5, or gets great Slingbox reception on your private island. What concerns me is that after reading about how well built the Treo is I have a squeaking screen that wiggles when I tap it.

If I inserted the memory card into the phone and let it reformat it would suddenly become unrecognized if I put it into my laptop to load programs. It would not allow me to load programs through the Treo. The card would simply not allow anything to be added to it and then be used in the Treo at all. It wasn't the card...it was the phone!

I found the phone annoying to use and it appears that I am not alone in that feeling.

the Treo 750 falls short in my opinion.
    So it sounds like you didn't like the phone. I will admittedly tell you that the first time I tried Windows mobile (Motorola Q) I also hated it, but now that I know the ins-and outs of it it's very nice.....YES, it could be way way better.

So I mentioned the S550 because I have the Bluetooth module, and my whole point was that this phone has the best and most solid Bluetooth implementation of any Treo I've owned (yes I know the 600 didn't' have BT)
    One of my favorite features of this phone is if I forgot to enable bluetooth. I don't have to hang up the phone while on a conversation, enable it, then call the person back. I could be on the phone with someone, enable Bluetooth, and switch the person to my headset. This may not be necessarily a TREO 750 function and it may be a Windows Mobile function, but you can't do that with the PalmOS, you also can't surf the Internet while you are on a phone call with the PalmOS phones.

The SD card issue is an SD card issue, you can find thread after thread on other message boards that certain brands of SD cards just plain suck. Don't blame the phone for that problem. I've never had that happen, and I've used 2 different SD cards.

Your right that you are probably not alone that you find the phone annoying but at the same time a very very small amount of people are in your corner.

BTW people that flame bait don't ask to be flamed. They just go into a forum, say something that stirs people up and watch the posts fly. But I'm sure you knew that.....LOL. Hey it's all in good fun right? http://searchwebservices.techtarget....212128,00.html
    Last edited by mmereos; 03/10/2007 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Typo
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The SD Card issue is unquestionably a Palm Treo 750 issue alone, not a card issue. I have tried a multitude of miniSD card brands and all presented the exact same problem. They work a couple of times after you insert them, and then they are no longer recognized by the Treo 750 until you remove and re-instert them. I have even tried the (expensive) Palm 2gb card which I ordered by following the Treo 750 accessories link on Palm's web site which they indicate is compatible with the Treo 750. I have also tried that card with a clean install, meaning right after a hard reset and before installing any other software- same consistent problem.
    The Treo 750 is not some $29.99 toy, and people do not have time to QA Palm's products. Palm will certainly not pay us for our time to test their products. Palm needs to step up to the plate and fix the problem.
    Why I didn't read this thread earlier? My treo 750 drops bluetooth connection with my headset a lot too, although I have not experience the SD card problem so far.
    But I still like treo 750, of course with the hacks and tweaks. However, I do agree that Palm should bring the Phone application back in WM6 and get rid of the battery icon.

All palm's "tweaks" are designed for those people who were Palm OS users. They even copied the ugly dialpad to treo 750. For those advanced WM users, those tweaks finally become a system hindrance and burdon. The more I used the treo 750, the more I believe Palm designed the treo 750 only for beginners.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I know that DUN with BT was pretty bad with my Motorola V550 and V557. 2 straight devices, so it apparently wasn't any one phone. The CU500 I had after that was a breeze, except for one or 2 times it switched over to USB connection mode.

Since the 750 will be my first BT capable Treo, I'll have to see how it works. But since I still have my CU500, which supports HSPDA, I may still use that phone when I want to tether my laptop. With the Treo, I will no longer have to use tethering just to get my PDA on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    However, I do agree that Palm should bring the Phone application back in WM6 and get rid of the battery icon.

All palm's "tweaks" are designed for those people who were Palm OS users. They even copied the ugly dialpad to treo 750. For those advanced WM users, those tweaks finally become a system hindrance and burdon. The more I used the treo 750, the more I believe Palm designed the treo 750 only for beginners.
    The dialing and contact search from the Today screen is by far the most convenient out there and separates the Treo from any other Pocket PC phone edition out there (as far as software is concerned). The smartphone OS has this feature too, and I bet dollars-to-donuts that feature will be included in Photon, the next version of Windows mobile.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    The dialing and contact search from the Today screen is by far the most convenient out there and separates the Treo from any other Pocket PC phone edition out there (as far as software is concerned). The smartphone OS has this feature too, and I bet dollars-to-donuts that feature will be included in Photon, the next version of Windows mobile.
    I bet not. You know what, it can be better. With the smartdialing in wm6 and an instant keyboard from treo 750, the best is typing anything from keyboard will popup the wm6 dialpad and begin smart searching. What's you really appreciate is the instant precisely searching in today, but you didn't realize the precisely searching is never appreciated because people won't remember all those names and numbers precisely. A smartdialing with keyboard is instant searching all combination of input so that a scratch of information will still lead to precise result.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/25/2007 at 11:59 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Not having any issues that can't be blamed on 3rd party apps. Happily using my reliable Treo 750
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I guess I was born lucky because I've had no real problems with my 650, which other people seem to have crash on them several times a day, and my 750 has been pretty solid too There is one issue that I need to sort out, the W key needs to be pressed harder than the other keys. Don't really want to be without the phone so haven't bothered contacting Vodafone about it yet.
    Lets also keep in mind that liking the 750 is also proportional to your wallet. My 750v costs me $900/CDN so, I'm not as tempted/able to switch as often as the Mercedes/Beemer owners on this board I guess the Moto Q must have improved quite a bit as I heard it had serious issues when it first came out.

So, I like my 750v and have become more comfortable with it. However, the issues with alarms and ringing are a problem and should not be present in a phone of this caliber. As well, this phone/OS seems to have more problems with 3rd party apps than others. I have removed all 3rd party apps and now only run SPB Shell, MemMaid.

Having said all that, it is clear that the 750 has far fewer initial problems than its Treo predecessors.

[QUOTE=bcaslis;1214844]I'm on a MacBook Pro. I'm glad it works fine for you, but I have never had a device that has as unreliable DUN as the 750. And I've tried both the 750v and the Cingular 750 and they both did the exact same thing. I've gotten bluetooth DUN working with the 650 and 700p, and several other WM5 devices, along with several different phone types so I'm fairly experienced with how to do this.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I've had mine since October and I've owned almost every Treo there has been. From a spec and hardware standpoint I really liked the 750. But the bugs and problems outway the pros. If you use bluetooth for anything other than a headset it's terrible. By comparison I've been trying a Q with the lastest firmware updated and it's night and day better than the 750 in terms of stability and bluetooth. It really shows the difference when something is done right. All my Treo stuff is up for sale on ebay. Good luck, Palm. With this kind of product and the competition out there, they are going to need it.
    I fall into the same situation. I had the 300 and didn't move above the 650 till the 750 came out. I think this is the single worst mistake I have ever made with a phone. Period. If I could get my 650 back I would pay double what I paid for th 750.

I can't express strong enough how much I hate this phone and all the apps for it. Nothing works exactly as advertised. Everything requires someone to tell you how to work around this or that.

This reminds me of Bata software. Truthfully, I don't know what to do. I don't have time to research another phone and I'm so sad because I loved Palm and everything they had done in the past decade.

What a waste of market position and loyalty.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123