Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well I am getting used to the 750 now and have a new mini SD card (Kingston) and so far its working. The 750 can be made easier to use with SPB Diary (which gives me a psuedo Chatter summary). But as much as this phone cost compared to 680 it should be far more useable out of the box IMO - never mind the bugs for a moment, the UI with WM5 and WM6 are still PDA first, phone 2nd as near as I can tell.

For now I am keeping it though and will take it to CA next week now that I have TomTom working. I truly wish Shimon would port Takephone over to WM and can only hope that Marc is working on a platform for Palm that can be used for both Palm and WM phones.
    I too love my 750 and think it is head and shoulders above all other WM devices I have used in the past. I initially had some problems with a few third party apps such as:
    ToastMaker 2.0 - I loved that it made perfect toast in the car on the way to work, but it was more of a luxury item.
    LotteryWinnerPro - It was cool to always have the winning lottery numbers at my fingertips, but money is overrated
    JavaFlava 1.0 - It was nice to map different squirts of coffee flavoring to my different HW buttons. It allowed me to vary the taste of my coffee throughout the day. But this utility just has too many bugs.
    MowerBot - i liked the fact that I could program my Treo to mow my lawn, but the battery would die half way through the cutting. Then I would be forced to manually mow the rest because i didn't want to be a redneck with a half-mown lawn. Impractical software.
    GeishaGirl 9.0 - This software did wonders for my stress levels. But it needs too many soft resets.

Do you see where I'm going here? This device does my corporate mail, my POP mail, music, movies, GPS, BT headset, endless cool web sites, reliable phone with great speed dial, voice recording, Word authoring, and a dozen more things. All I have to do is an occasional soft reset and some reg hacks. Not perfect by any stretch...but great nonetheless.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    If it works for you great. But your assertion that only silly stuff causes problems with it is nonsense. There are very basic things broken in the software of this device.

1.) Bluetooth compatibility with cars is poor. With my car it goes into a connect/disconnect cycle that cause crashes or lost calls. Many others have this same problem.
    2.) Bluetooth DUN is very problematic. Getting the data connection to remain working for more than a few minutes at a time is difficult. Even when the bluetooth connection is still active, the data connection is still active but data just stops flowing.
    3.) Morning alarms sometimes work, sometimes don't work. I've spent months tracking this down and it's just voodoo. It's clearly buggy.
    4.) Rings and vibrations can stop working without warning. Many have commented that this seems to be connected to voice dialing and to disable it. Great, you have to disable a major feature just to reliably hear phone calls.

There are other minor issues, but these are some of the major ones. The assertion that it's better than other devices is nonsense. I've been trying the Q and it has none of these problems. Not a simple problem, glitch, or hiccup in doing the same tasks with it as with the 750. If the 750 works great for you fine, then you should use it. But I have to strongly disagree with the assertion that the 750 only has problems with meaningless or frivolous tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    I too love my 750 and think it is head and shoulders above all other WM devices I have used in the past. I initially had some problems with a few third party apps such as:
    ToastMaker 2.0 - I loved that it made perfect toast in the car on the way to work, but it was more of a luxury item.
    LotteryWinnerPro - It was cool to always have the winning lottery numbers at my fingertips, but money is overrated
    JavaFlava 1.0 - It was nice to map different squirts of coffee flavoring to my different HW buttons. It allowed me to vary the taste of my coffee throughout the day. But this utility just has too many bugs.
    MowerBot - i liked the fact that I could program my Treo to mow my lawn, but the battery would die half way through the cutting. Then I would be forced to manually mow the rest because i didn't want to be a redneck with a half-mown lawn. Impractical software.
    GeishaGirl 9.0 - This software did wonders for my stress levels. But it needs too many soft resets.

Do you see where I'm going here? This device does my corporate mail, my POP mail, music, movies, GPS, BT headset, endless cool web sites, reliable phone with great speed dial, voice recording, Word authoring, and a dozen more things. All I have to do is an occasional soft reset and some reg hacks. Not perfect by any stretch...but great nonetheless.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    If it works for you great. But your assertion that only silly stuff causes problems with it is nonsense. There are very basic things broken in the software of this device.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Like I said, I have been using WM devices since 2000 and although I love the 750 WHEN IT DOES WORK, it seems as though there are more nagging issues with this device than any of my past devices.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    In would agree that my PPC 6700 and my Treo wx had fewer oddities than the 750,,,,,,, but I just cant help it,,,,,, I'm a shallow superficial gadget geek concerned more with aesthetics and less with the hassle of resetting the device to get it to recognize the memory card....... Were deeply in love the 750 and I...... Its slim sleek body makes me grin every time I glance at it,,,,,, Its a good thing that headset jack wasn't any bigger or I just might brake some kind of moral techie law,,,,,,,, However I think that sort of act is legal here is BFE Missouri!!!
    "Do you see where I'm going here?"

Not really. We're all talking pretty much basic features that should work and don't. And I've admittedly been griping about the user interface and user experience...which I admit could be greatly improved if I download that GeishaGirl app you're on about.
    ...There are very basic things broken in the software of this device.

1.) Bluetooth compatibility with cars is poor. With my car it goes into a connect/disconnect cycle that cause crashes or lost calls. Many others have this same problem.
    2.) Bluetooth DUN is very problematic. Getting the data connection to remain working for more than a few minutes at a time is difficult. Even when the bluetooth connection is still active, the data connection is still active but data just stops flowing.
    3.) Morning alarms sometimes work, sometimes don't work. I've spent months tracking this down and it's just voodoo. It's clearly buggy.
    4.) Rings and vibrations can stop working without warning. Many have commented that this seems to be connected to voice dialing and to disable it. Great, you have to disable a major feature just to reliably hear phone calls.
    I would certainly consider your 3 and 4 basic features everything else you are talking about I would consider more advanced and involves compatability.

DUN Works flawlessly for me (But im on a MAC).
    BT Car is also perfect.

Never have issues with Rings or alarms, but I use phonealarm for repeating alarms.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5 View Post
    The mini SD card issue...
    The bluetooth dropping connections.
    Squeaking screen issue.
    Using the volume switch on the Today screen showed the battery level instead of controlling volume (seriously Palm?).

The Treo 750v is NOT a good example of how Windows Mobile should work. If this phone is your first experience with Windows Mobile then please don't judge all devices with this OS based on you experiences with the 750. The TyTN is an excellent example of a Windows Mobile phone though...that's what I am back to using. Plus, the battery life seems like it is almost double using the TyTN...
    My first impression of your email is you are asking to be FLAMED. You are not going to convince anyone here to shy away from the 750 because most of us LOVE it.

I must tell you that NONE of those are common issues.
    Bluetooth is best of any TREO I have owned (600,650, 680, 700p,) Rock solid, and very loud, never had a disconnect, and I can turn off my Headset, hop in my Mercedes S550 and it gets picked up right away.

Squeaking Screen? Have no idea what you are talking about.

Volume Switch on Today Screen? On Treo 750 it brings up the volume adjustment.

So unless the 750v and the 750 are different, then I would say you have a defective Treo and it needs to be exchanged for one that is working.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    The Volume/Battery indicator problem is unique to having some SPB software installed (e.g. SPB Pocket Plus) and requires the fixvolume.exe program to correct it.

A great analogy came to me in today's LA Times. For me, owning the 750 is like owning a Land Rover. I'm a slave to its styling and performance more so than its reliability. When it's working well, it is a thing to behold. But I will say that once I come across another WM5 3G device with a Treo-esque form factor and touch screen, I'm gone.
    I'm on a MacBook Pro. I'm glad it works fine for you, but I have never had a device that has as unreliable DUN as the 750. And I've tried both the 750v and the Cingular 750 and they both did the exact same thing. I've gotten bluetooth DUN working with the 650 and 700p, and several other WM5 devices, along with several different phone types so I'm fairly experienced with how to do this.

I'm glad it works with your car. But do a search in this forum and you will many, many issues with bluetooth car connections.

I'm not trying to convince anyone from changing their device. But the fact that someone doesn't encounter it with their particular usage, doesn't mean the device doesn't have problems. I can do the same thing with other products (the Motorola Q, the BB Pearl, the BB 8800, HTC TyTN) and get them to work perfectly fine where the 750 has nothing but problems.

It's a shame because the hardware is great with an excellent form factor. These bugs are the sort of thing that Palm could fix if they would just get it done. But for me, after six months of this I've decided to move on and stop wasting my time with the 750.

Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    I would certainly consider your 3 and 4 basic features everything else you are talking about I would consider more advanced and involves compatability.

DUN Works flawlessly for me (But im on a MAC).
    BT Car is also perfect.

Never have issues with Rings or alarms, but I use phonealarm for repeating alarms.
    I was not asserting that only silly stuff causes problems. I was asserting that you cannot expect this device to handle umpteen 3rd party apps, drivers and reg hacks, and then also have it walk your dog and fix your plumbing. I am the first to admit that the 750 has its issues. But I go back to what I have said in so many other posts. Some people are cut out for high tech gadgetry and some people are not. This is not a paint by numbers kit. It is a very complex handheld computer.

Almost every comparison I have seen where people are griping about this device is apples to oranges. Those of you that compare it to the reliable RIM devices or Palm OS Treos are the farthest off course. Yes those are very reliable...for only a few things. That's exactly what drew some of you away from those feature poor OS's - the possibility of endless software and hardware titles on WM 5.0. And then to compare it to the Blackjack or the Q is also absurd. You can't complain about how this device can't deliver all of your media rich desires and then talk about a "better" phone that doesn't even run a full featured OS (WM smartphone) and has no touchscreen. Of course the simpler devices are going to have less issues!

Another thing I don't understand. If some of you have found devices that fit your needs better than the Treo 750 then I am truly happy for you. But for goodness sake CUT BAIT and stop dwelling on your issues here in the 750 forums. Sell me your device for $150 and be done with it. Because if there is really so much wrong with this phone and you try to sell it to me for more than $150 then you are just as much a rip off artist as you say Cingular/Palm was for selling you the phone at whatever price you paid for it in the first place. PM me and let me take it off your hands.

So let's address some of the issues discussed in this thread:

First of all, it's a Windows OS. Have none of you ever run your desktop on NT, 98, XP? And did any of you ever run a previous PDA on WM 2003? OK, then you know that Windows still has major issues with its OS in the area of stability. So you may be the best house builder in all of the Amish community. But if you build your home on a shakey foundation pored by some clown from New Jersey, you will never have a completely stable home. That is what Palm, HTC, HP and everyone else is dealing with.

Also, for you Cingular users you have to understand that their implementation of UMTS and HSDPA is in its infancy. There are still A LOT of issues that they have to work out with their 3G network.

So I actually have to give Palm kudos for making a great device despite building on top of the always messy Windows platform and a very unstable network.

BT car. I have to admit I am surprised that evryone complains about this so much. Are you really expecting the Treo BT to be compatible with every automobile out there? You have no idea how good or poor the car side of the BT connection is. And just because your car worked with your old device's BT doesn't mean that the car's implementation is necessarily any good.

BT DUN. Same thing. You are taking a pretty complex piece of machinery (PDA) and asking it to work perfectly with another very complex piece of machinery (a laptop). How can you be surprised when problems crop up? It just comes with the territory.

BT in general: I use BT a lot. I hook it up to 2 different headsets and also use it with my TomTom 700. Works like a dream. I use AEButton plus to turn BT on and off with a button press and it pairs right up every time.

Battery. I will be the first to admit the battery life sucks. So I bought a second OEM battery. But I seldom have to use it because I have a charger at home, in the car (the 750 Proclip mount is awesome) and at the office. But c'mon. Look at that tiny battery (which allows the phone to be so small...don't even get me started on those that say the Treo 750 is bulky...go back to your bag phone). As small as it is it still allows me to get push email all day, run music for a few hours, talk a few hours on the phone, have a pretty nice color screen, pay bills online and check my stocks and 401k balances, and a few other nifty things. I am shocked that I can do as much as I do every day with that tiny little battery

Alarms: I use my Treo for an alarm clock every time I travel and stay in hotels. Never knew there was a problem here.

miniSD cards: I have had my Treo 750 for two months and have never lost my miniSD card connection (I use Resco Explorer). I do see that a lot of people have had problems with 2 and 4 GB cards. So here is a place where you have to compromise. Buy a few 1 GB cards and a case that will hold these tiny creatures. Problem solved. If you need to store 20 GB of photos, music and video then get an iPod. The Treo does well with these media types, but it isn't necessarily marketed for the iPod generation either.

Sound issues: I know a lot of you are having sound problems. But I am not convinced that it isn't self-inflicted. I use the heck out of VC 1.5 and don't have the sound issues.

And this is the first phone that has done a decent job of running the absolute worst, most invasive and incomaptible piece of software ever to be made for PDA's - Goodlink.

I have read of others here who are also having minimal problems with their 750's. That tells me one of two things. Either you have a lemon piece of hardware or you have too many conflicting apps on your device. You have to be very serious about the way you configure your device and careful what you load. Start off with the bare OEM config. Change all of your settings and make your registry hacks before loading any other piece of software. Then use it for a few weeks. Make sure it is absolutely stable. Then add your first can't-live-without-it piece of software and use your device again for another week. Keep going, one by one, week by week, until you find out what is truly compatible and what is not. And once you do find the right setup, hard-reset and load back only the non-offenders. WM does a horrible job of uninstalling. And just because you uninstalled a buggy software doesn't mean its problems aren't still left on your device. I gaurantee that 90% of you that are having problems have not taken the time to meticulously load your device as described above. You just load all your apps at once and expect it to work flawlessly. There are so many known conflicts from even major software developers out there (spb, Goodlink, Microsoft).

And then when you finally have your device running with compatible software you still have to be meticulous about keeping it tuned. As mentioned below, use SK Tools or memmaid to regularly clean your device. And a soft reset once or twice a day is a necessary evil if you want the device to never freeze or lose sound, etc. Lastly, there are tons of extremely bright people on this forum and xda and elsewhere. But don't load every cab file hack that promises to light up your keyboard better or add a cool today plugin to your device. just because other people are saying it is stable doesn't mean it will be for you. Remember that NO ONE out there has the same configuration/customization that you do. Everything must be taken with a grain of salt.

Bottom line is this: if you want to stick with the 750 then there are plenty of us in these forums that will keep trying to help each other get to converged bliss. And Palm does need to step up to the plate with a firmware upgrade soon. But if you don't like then 750 then move on and don't keep clogging up the forums. There is already a sticky for 750 bugs that can help newbies decide whether or not to buy this phone.
    Last edited by conekkted; 03/08/2007 at 12:22 AM.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    My first impression of your email is you are asking to be FLAMED. You are not going to convince anyone here to shy away from the 750 because most of us LOVE it.

I must tell you that NONE of those are common issues.
    Bluetooth is best of any TREO I have owned (600,650, 680, 700p,) Rock solid, and very loud, never had a disconnect, and I can turn off my Headset, hop in my Mercedes S550 and it gets picked up right away.

Squeaking Screen? Have no idea what you are talking about.

Volume Switch on Today Screen? On Treo 750 it brings up the volume adjustment.

So unless the 750v and the 750 are different, then I would say you have a defective Treo and it needs to be exchanged for one that is working.
    I don't recall where I requested to be flamed...you can point that part out if you wish.

The Treo 600 didn't have bluetooth if I am remembering correctly. The Treo 650 has always had bluetooth problems...and I would know, I had about 7 of them! The 680's battery life was too short for me to be concerned with using bluetooth. I was too worried about finding a power outlet. I've never tried the 700p though.

I really am not concerned with whether the 750v happens to work in your S550, G5, or gets great Slingbox reception on your private island. What concerns me is that after reading about how well built the Treo is I have a squeaking screen that wiggles when I tap it. After reading about how it is such an improvement, in every way supposedly, over all other Windows Mobile devices I find that it is more work to use. I find that the bluetooth really is unreliable.

If I inserted the memory card into the phone and let it reformat it would suddenly become unrecognized if I put it into my laptop to load programs. It would not allow me to load programs through the Treo. The card would simply not allow anything to be added to it and then be used in the Treo at all. It wasn't the card...it was the phone!

The softkeys had submenus! What?! If there was a notification of some type I had to tap the corrosponding softkey, then that menu item, or scroll to whatever that key was supposed to function as. The phone key doesn't lead to a phone program at all. It has another menu for me to scroll though. There is no quick-tap on-screen way to activate speakerphone on a call, or enter into contacts, or tap hold, or make a related note...etc. So much for the increased usefulness.

I found the phone annoying to use and it appears that I am not alone in that feeling.

On the Treo I managed to load only Multi IE, PHM Registry Editor (didn't get to use it), Pocket Informant, and Spb Mobile Shell (explains my volume key complaint). TomTom 6 couldn't be loaded due to the memory card problems...nor could Blackberry service, Spb Backup, or anything else unless it didn't need the card. The phone isn't terrible for light users but for someone who actually buys a PDA phone for use as a phone, a PDA, and for email...the Treo 750 falls short in my opinion.
    Wow, I didn't know you owned these forums!

So if your measure of worth is how much someone has posted to help others I'll stack my helpful messages up against yours any day buster. I've posted many hundreds of helpful messages to others with their problems. You aren't even close.

Basically you are saying that either people are asking the device to do too much or that people posting problems here are stupid or incompetent.

People reading these forums deserve to see the truth both good and bad. You are posting Treo can do no harm messages. It's too much to expect a $650 device to connect to cars and with DUN as good as $100 phone?

Quote Originally Posted by conekkted View Post
    Bottom line is this: if you want to stick with the 750 then there are plenty of us in these forums that will keep trying to help each other get to converged bliss. And Palm does need to step up to the plate with a firmware upgrade soon. But if you don't like then 750 then move on and don't keep clogging up the forums. There is already a sticky for 750 bugs that can help newbies decide whether or not to buy this phone.
    Just because I quoted you for my first paragraph above doesn't mean the whole post is directed toward you. So the "helpful posts" comment is unnecessary. And even if it was, it is not suggesting that I or anyone else has added more value with their posts than you. It simply says that those who wish to give the 750 a long term ride will find ample support from us in these forums.

And no, I am not saying that people are asking too much from their devices. I am saying that it is my belief that those people who are trying to run multiple complex 3rd party softwares on their device are not doing the due diligence it takes to make them run harmoniously. It is not a simple effort regardless of what anyone says. It takes a significant amount of care and feeding. If all you ever do to your car is put gas in it and turn the key in the ignition, eventually it will fail, no matter how good the manufacture of the equipment.

No it is not too much to expect for the 750 to connect DUN as well as to some cars. And in fact there are a lot of us doing it successfully. Again, everyone's device is different due to the software we choose to load and the customizations we configure. So you just have to troubleshoot the particular issue you are having or move on to another device. So while it is fair for people to post the good and the bad, it is fair for those of us making it work to let others know it is possible.

But my comment still stands that there is no need to keep opening up gripe threads on the 750. There is a STICKY where everyone can post their problems with the 750. You are more likely to get answers to your problems if they are all posted in one thread that everyone can easily find.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    My wife and I have had our Cinguar Treo 750s for 2 months now and have had 0 problems, other than I think about 3 times ever I had to resinsert the mini SD card. That and my minisd wifi card never did work perfectly. Otherwise they've been tip top.
    But I don't use bluetooth with a car and I don't use voice command.
    Also, no screen issues with ours. That is most certainly a defective unit and not representative of a normal one (of ours.)
    I'm just baffled when people have such negative experiences with this phone when mine have been not only overwhelmingly positive, but it has exceeded my expectations.
    My 750 is such a welcome relief after 2 years with the perpetual crashing machine that is the Treo650. I don't know why I tolerated that for so long.
    Just sharing my experience.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    It's OK to take exception to conekkted's comments if you don't agree but I suggest that "you don't throw the baby out with the bath water" because he has important points that might just improve the use of your device.

We do use devices that have unstable OSs to begin with and my experience has been that the MS Pocket PC OS is by far the worst (although the latest WM5 is much better than anything before it). It seems to be full of memory leaks and mis-handled memory among other things and 3rd party apps can just add to those problems. When one had hardware problems on top of all that it can very easily become a nightmare. Therefore these devices do require careful selection, testing and maintenance of 3rd party apps. If you add the apps one-by-one as he suggested you will be better able to detect and remove those that cause problems. Also the use of some apps can make the daily maintenance of your device mandatory - not optional. You must do daily cleanup and a soft reset. I have used my daily procedure of SKtools cleanup with a Sprite BU for several years and it is an important to me as brushing my teeth.

Even with a careful selection of 3rd party apps and with perfect hardware,
    I think that the bottom line for these devices is that it is very unlikely that you will ever have a long-term, trouble free device unless you perform some sort of scheduled maintenance. Many people in these and other forums have commented on the strange way that problems seem to crop up out of nowhere. Well, even without hardware problems the software does "age" - whether it is memory leaks, dangling code that never gets cleaned up properly on exit, unassigned pointers, etc. - any number of things can go wrong - and will.

So pay attention to the points that conekkted has raised in this area and I think that you will be a happier 750 user. Also don't be patient with hardware problems - exchange the device immediately. Likewise don't be patient with 3rd party app problems - remove the app immediately.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt View Post

So pay attention to the points that conekkted has raised in this area and I think that you will be a happier 750 user. Also don't be patient with hardware problems - exchange the device immediately. Likewise don't be patient with 3rd party app problems - remove the app immediately.

Frank
    Frank,

Your points are well taken. However, Not all of the problems that plague a 750 are due to 3rd party software conflicts or defective hardware. Case in point, the various Voice command and failure to ring issues, the SD card missing issues, the various BT connectivity issues. This is absolutely a failure on Palm's part and has nothing to do with the software that is loaded on the device.

What also is not being mentioned is that the AKU on this device is quite dated. Issues like alarm reliability have "supposedly" been addressed by later versions along with other OS issues. In this respect, there are issues that are not being addressed and no amount of installing/uninstalling will do any good. Case in point, I lost the ability to have alarms ring reliably and repeat on the Treo. I had to install PocketMax's alarmMax in order for my alarms to work reliably again. Strange, how each time I install on the Treo, the same app goes onto the KJAM. KJAM still rings reliably.

I can vouch for this by stating that I have a fully loaded KJAM running with the EXACT same software (version included) (minus the Palm special apps - ie. Threaded Messaging), including MS VC 1.2. I experience no problems with losing audio after using VC and VC doesn't drop out from the headset to the speaker on long voice commands. I also don't have an issue turning on the KJAM each morning and not being able to launch any programs and having to do a soft reset.

Even though I have 2 phone devices running in parallel, I prefer the Treo due to it's form factor. However, it is a correct assumption to primarly blame 3rd party apps for the majority of issues that plaque even stock Treo.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt View Post
    ...We do use devices that have unstable OSs to begin with and my experience has been that the MS Pocket PC OS is by far the worst (although the latest WM5 is much better than anything before it). It seems to be full of memory leaks and mis-handled memory among other things and 3rd party apps can just add to those problems...
    Exactly. We all have GREAT hardware running on some of the worst software. Its natural to assume is the device's issue when you have a problem, but do NOT forget this device hardware is dependent on its software/OS. I have had devices running Pocket PC 2002, 2003, 2003 SE, and now WM5. WM5 is by far the best incarnation of the Pocket PC OS. Most stable for me by far.

I think most of us are used to the bugs in the OS and they seem to be getting fewer and fewer. Its not acceptable - but it is what we have come to expect from Microsoft. Im not saying all your bugs are software related, im sure some have to be compatibility issues with hardware.

If you want everything to work perfectly, forget about using ANY Windows Mobile Device/Palm OS Device or anything for that matter. These device have never worked flawlessly, although my Treo 750 comes VERY close!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You know, I think some of you guys are making some fair points about 3rd party applications and tweaks that many of us make to the devices. I agree that once we make tweaks we cannot expect that Palm or any other manufacturer should have designed their product in anticipation of people changing it around in unintended ways.

However (you knew this was coming...), the product should work properly with every single one of the features designed into it. Bluetooth should NOT ever be a problem since almost every other phone, even the cheapest phones, work properly for this. The memory card should not become unrecognized just because I load information and programs onto it. Especially if this situation happens with every card except Palm's cards...as if they designed the fault into the Treo! These are simple things it seems.

I now have an extra cradle and 750v battery to unload though...you guys that love the Treo should message me...not to flame but to buy what I should be listing in the MarketPlace section instead of posting here as if I don't know the rules...
    I have to disagree to some extent. Every single problem I have with the Treo 750 I don't have with a Motorola Q. And it's not third party software, I can replicate all the problems right after a hard reset.

I do agree that the problem with the 750 is primarily the software. The hardware is good except the screen quality doesn't measure up to the competitors. But Palm's competitors in WM (Motorola, HTC, and maybe others) just don't have the same types of bugs the 750 has. The stability of other devices versus the Treo for my uses is night and day. In three weeks of hard testing I haven't seen even one of the problems I would have multiple times a day with the Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Exactly. We all have GREAT hardware running on some of the worst software. Its natural to assume is the device's issue when you have a problem, but do NOT forget this device hardware is dependent on its software/OS. I have had devices running Pocket PC 2002, 2003, 2003 SE, and now WM5. WM5 is by far the best incarnation of the Pocket PC OS. Most stable for me by far.

I think most of us are used to the bugs in the OS and they seem to be getting fewer and fewer. Its not acceptable - but it is what we have come to expect from Microsoft. Im not saying all your bugs are software related, im sure some have to be compatibility issues with hardware.

If you want everything to work perfectly, forget about using ANY Windows Mobile Device/Palm OS Device or anything for that matter. These device have never worked flawlessly, although my Treo 750 comes VERY close!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast