1.    #1  
    im receiving a new 700wx from verizon i currently have 700w.. which i backed up with sprite backup... if i restore that on the wx.. will it be the exactly the same? and does it affect the program memory at all? .. thanks
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Obzoleet View Post
    im receiving a new 700wx from verizon i currently have 700w.. which i backed up with sprite backup... if i restore that on the wx.. will it be the exactly the same? and does it affect the program memory at all? .. thanks
    Are you paying for the 700wx or are they swapping it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Obzoleet View Post

You should to a complete re-install of everything. there is more than just the memory that was updated.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    You should to a complete re-install of everything. there is more than just the memory that was updated.
    I agree with ebedoun. reinstall pain in the *** yes. but well worth it.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  5.    #5  
    lol yes it will be a pain.. cause i had alot of stuff on my W .. hacks tweaks.. etc.. well how about agilemobile? ive purchased the program.. for the lifetime term use.. how can I transfer that to the wx.. and by the way.. what else was updated besides memory? because that's all I have been hearing that's different from the W
    Samsung i700 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Motorola Q >> Treo 700w >> Treo 700wx >> Sidekick 3 >> Sidekick iD >> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I say go ahead and do a Sprite restore from your w's b/u to the wx. I too was lucky enough to be recently upgraded and figured I'd give that a shot instead of spending hours re-installing. Here is the process I used:

1 - Install Sprite on your virgin WX.
    2 - Restore your most recent W back-up.
    3 - Hard Reset your WX when it fails to boot due to the back-up being incompatible.
    4 - Re-install everything from scratch.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist! :-)

There are a number of differences between the two devices. Some obvious (Memory, Bluetooth upgrade, etc.), some not (system/registry is different, thus why you can't do a restore from a W). You won't need any of the memory hacks. You'll be very happy, but fresh re-installs are the only way to go (heck, you may not even need everything you used to use).