Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Ok. I figured out how to put music on my phone through windows media player 10, but it won't put them on my SD card. How do I get the files to go to the card instead of my phone memory.

    Also, once it's on my phone memory how the heck do I get it onto the SD card.

    Be gentle, I'm surprised I figured out how to get the music on the phone at all.

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsjones View Post
    Ok. I figured out how to put music on my phone through windows media player 10, but it won't put them on my SD card. How do I get the files to go to the card instead of my phone memory.

    Also, once it's on my phone memory how the heck do I get it onto the SD card.

    Be gentle, I'm surprised I figured out how to get the music on the phone at all.

    Thanks
    You need to get media player to recognize the card within the phone. Are you using a blank sd card? Do you see an option to scroll to the next device?

    Once wm recognizes the card you can just click the "sync" tab and you drag your music over to the sync column and you're off.
  3. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #3  
    The bet way to load music onto an sd card is to copy the files via a usb card reader. it's a hundred times faster than syncing via the Treo. I have a 4gb card and can change music in a few seconds....
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  4. #4  
    over on the right hand side of Windows Media Player on your desktop you should be able to select a pull down menu and chose the storage card.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    over on the right hand side of Windows Media Player on your desktop you should be able to select a pull down menu and chose the storage card.

    ....... exactly

    ....... wtf is z3bum thinking?!?!

    ....... obviously the original poster is just beginning

    ....... *smh*
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum View Post
    The bet way to load music onto an sd card is to copy the files via a usb card reader. it's a hundred times faster than syncing via the Treo. I have a 4gb card and can change music in a few seconds....
    That doesnt work for music purchased over the internet. You lose the liscence to play it when you do that. Or at least thats the problem I have run into.
  7. #7  
    I get around the internet music problem by burning the songs to a CD then re-ripping them back to my PC....works with everything I have purchased from the internet
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cusesteve View Post
    I get around the internet music problem by burning the songs to a CD then re-ripping them back to my PC....works with everything I have purchased from the internet
    Good idea. Ill give it a try.
  9. #9  
    Seriously, get a card reader. You will be much happier.
  10. #10  
    I have a card reader for emergencies (gotta sync quick) but otherwise I think letting activesync transfer any (normally small) changes is perfectly fine and preferable to swapping the card out.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    over on the right hand side of Windows Media Player on your desktop you should be able to select a pull down menu and chose the storage card.
    My SD card already has the MP3s on it. I have 2 gb filled. However, it won't sync because it is too big. When I add to the library my error message is:
    "The storage card library cannot accept new entries due to a lack of storage space".

    when I had my 600, I could play the files without having to transfer to the treo. Just played straight from the card. Isn't this possible with the 700? On the media player I can not fiond the option on the top right to select storage card.
  12. #12  
    The option is under the Library section of WMPlayer.

    Can somebody explain to me why the hell WMPlayer thinks that internal memory is a better default than the SD card? Surely nobody with an SD card would think of using the few megabytes of internal memory they have to store mp3s. Is there a way of tricking the software into making the SD card the default.

Posting Permissions