1.    #1  
    I am getting fed up with the lack of support and 3rd party programs for the palm os now. It seems like everyone is giving up on the phone. Anyways I am thinking about getting the 700wx and I am a mac user..

1. I was told the 700wx is bad for people who text a lot but on the other hand I was told they have a program for the WM that will thread texts like the Palm does. Right now I send 3k+ texts a month and having it in that treaded format is a must.

2. I use the DUN hack on the treo 700p that allows me to use the phone as a modem via bluetooth on my powerbook. Does something exist for the 700wx to allow it to bluetooth dial up with the mac?

3. Right now the only reason I use my mac with the 700p is to make a back up after I have added a few numbers.. I guess I will end up having to buy missing sync to make the 700wx work well.

4. Also can you get a free AIM program for the 700wx currently I use verichat on my 700p and it works great.

5. Last how well does sending picture mail work? And for 700p to 700wx users what do you miss on the 700p?
    yes to all of the above. the only one I don't do is the I'm thing, so i'm not forsure exactly how well it works. I do know there are choices out there though.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    yes to all of the above. the only one I don't do is the I'm thing, so i'm not forsure exactly how well it works. I do know there are choices out there though.
    AIM is not a big deal but it sounds like I will be better off with the WX in terms of programs. And I guess I will be happy since I have just accepted the fact that both the 700's are slow and lag.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    avid 700w/700wx user and huge mac guy:

1. check your pm for this

2. USBModem is the best...it will allow you to use both Bluetooth and USB with no problems...USB support is great because you can actually use EVDO speeds over USB and not be hindered by Bluetooth speeds. (http://www.mobile-stream.com/usbmodem.html)

3. yes, but the easier thing to do, if you don't have access to an exchange server, is to get a subscription to a hosted exchange option..this syncs all your info to a server and you can pull it down to your mac..however if you want to do it all locally then missingsync is really your only option other than parallels on an intel mac.

4. there is a free version of the UK AIM official client. IMHO its a piece of crap and I payed $20 to get IM+ (http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...php?product=im) which shows away messages and the whole shebang..also supports just about every other type of IM protocol.

5. don't do MMS so can't help you here

6. never had the 700p so can't help you here either
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    I am getting fed up with the lack of support and 3rd party programs for the palm os now. It seems like everyone is giving up on the phone. Anyways I am thinking about getting the 700wx and I am a mac user..

1. I was told the 700wx is bad for people who text a lot but on the other hand I was told they have a program for the WM that will thread texts like the Palm does. Right now I send 3k+ texts a month and having it in that treaded format is a must.

2. I use the DUN hack on the treo 700p that allows me to use the phone as a modem via bluetooth on my powerbook. Does something exist for the 700wx to allow it to bluetooth dial up with the mac?

3. Right now the only reason I use my mac with the 700p is to make a back up after I have added a few numbers.. I guess I will end up having to buy missing sync to make the 700wx work well.

4. Also can you get a free AIM program for the 700wx currently I use verichat on my 700p and it works great.

5. Last how well does sending picture mail work? And for 700p to 700wx users what do you miss on the 700p?
    i am the opposite. i had a 700p exchanged to a 700wx now i want to go back to the p. what city and state are you in??
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by RStall View Post
    i am the opposite. i had a 700p exchanged to a 700wx now i want to go back to the p. what city and state are you in??
    Chandler AZ. Any particular reason for wanting to go back to the P? I love the phone I just feel that they have given up on development and that 3rd party application makers have come to a stop and are only doing windows mobil...
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I went from the 700P to the WX and would never look back again...no freezing..up when I need the phone the most...no sluggish app's and I have the power to run palm os apps at the same time with Style Tap.