Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys. SPB Shell, pocket plus and weather are fantastic programs to add to your treo. I have come accross some mention of it, burried in the "today screen" thread, but I am so impressed with thier integration I thought I would call it out specifically. The today screen functionality, alt-tab functions, tabbed internet browsing all work perfectly and really give the treo an even more impressive feel and ease of operation. These programs are expensive, $70.00 for all three but they really change the way your Treo works. I would recommend the trial downloads of all three to really get the full effect.
  2. #2  
    I have SPB Pocket Plus and Weather and they are great intergration programs. The themes that come with em are good too. The only bad thing is that I figured out that both delay my keyguard from releasing for like 5 seconds which is annoying.
  3. #3  
    I run spb prduucts and have no delay. I don't use weather, but I do run pocketplus, time, and backup.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BTreo5 View Post
    I have SPB Pocket Plus and Weather and they are great intergration programs. The themes that come with em are good too. The only bad thing is that I figured out that both delay my keyguard from releasing for like 5 seconds which is annoying.
    I wonder if that is something that gets progressively worse. I just checked and I get no delay at all.
  5. #5  
    I had spb weather but installed it. dropped it for sbsh pocket weather which offers quite a bit more and is cheaper.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  6. #6  
    Is there any way to get spb's mobile shell to show the "now" screen as the default today screen?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I had spb weather but installed it. dropped it for sbsh pocket weather which offers quite a bit more and is cheaper.
    thats funny, I did the complete opposite. I really liked the set up with SPB Weather and that I could determine where my forcasts came from. I also like the graphics, a bit cleaner than Pocket Weather.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    thats funny, I did the complete opposite. I really liked the set up with SPB Weather and that I could determine where my forcasts came from. I also like the graphics, a bit cleaner than Pocket Weather.
    That's too funny.
    One of the things I really like about pocket weather is you can see all the metar stations which report the raw weather data and choose any of them. It also has an earthquake tab which isn't important where I live, but I could see it being so for many people.

    Re better graphics, check if this is compatible with spb. It's much nicer than the stock sbsh or spb icons, imo.
    http://www.sbsh.net/forums/index.php...opic=6172&st=0
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  9. 2_hotty's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BTreo5 View Post
    The only bad thing is that I figured out that both delay my keyguard from releasing for like 5 seconds which is annoying.
    I have the same issue, but I'm only using SPB Pocket Plus. It always takes around 5 seconds or so for my Treo to wake up. I didn't have this issue on my 700w, but I have it on my new 700wx, which is really odd.
  10. #10  
    So anyway after trying out spb shell and its ease of use and my trial coming to an end I purchased it finally. i'm very pleased with it it like having different today screens on it. I also own pocket breeze and ilauncher i have them integrated with shell with no problem at all. So far its one of my favorite apps . I going to post a few screenshots eventually. Btw I gave shell a try when I had the 700w but it was such a mem hog. Now that I have the wx it works flawess, go SPB.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    So anyway after trying out spb shell and its ease of use and my trial coming to an end I purchased it finally. i'm very pleased with it it like having different today screens on it. I also own pocket breeze and ilauncher i have them integrated with shell with no problem at all. So far its one of my favorite apps . I going to post a few screenshots eventually. Btw I gave shell a try when I had the 700w but it was such a mem hog. Now that I have the wx it works flawess, go SPB.
    I mentioned it in my initial post, but the tabbed web browsing is awsome. Also, I mapped the task manager app to the press and hold 'ok" button and it works perfect. Now I can change apps with one button. Impressive.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I mentioned it in my initial post, but the tabbed web browsing is awsome. Also, I mapped the task manager app to the press and hold 'ok" button and it works perfect. Now I can change apps with one button. Impressive.
    You mean you mapped the Spb task manager to the ok button?

    How did you manage that?
    END OF LINE
  13. #13  
    it's easier than you think. after pocketplus is installed, when you go to "settings/buttons" you will have more options now. on is the "close button content menu". this is what shows up when you that you stylus and "tap and hold" on your close button. just now without the stylus.
  14. #14  
    Yeah - Cody - I had already done that. But the task manager used with Mobile Shell is different, and the developer informed me that it was not accessible for button mapping at this time. My understanding was that nyc_rock managed to somehow get this specific new task manager to that button...
    END OF LINE
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    I mentioned it in my initial post, but the tabbed web browsing is awsome. Also, I mapped the task manager app to the press and hold 'ok" button and it works perfect. Now I can change apps with one button. Impressive.
    one thing I like about the spb task manager (when mapping to button it is called "close button content menu") is that you can put what you want in there. I have disabled things showing up like "minimize" and enabled things like "softreset". now if I want to softreset it takes only two steps. no more removing the battery cover. lol.

    another thing to check out is the "switch programs (alt-tab)". assign this to one of your hard keys to switch between programs easier.

    I have been running pocket plus on the 6700 and the sprint wx for over a year. the older version ( before 3.1) had a few bugs, but 3.1 and 3.2 run great for me. maybe a little too large for the w, but for the wx...
  16. #16  
    for the weather, install it on your SD card. weather is trying to load, but you don't need it yet...and when ur system is ready, the weather will be a smooth transaction.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Yeah - Cody - I had already done that. But the task manager used with Mobile Shell is different, and the developer informed me that it was not accessible for button mapping at this time. My understanding was that nyc_rock managed to somehow get this specific new task manager to that button...

    the task manager I am speaking of is actually part of pocket plus.
  18. #18  
    Yeah - I had done similar mapping already. I was hoping you had figured something else out, because I was looking for a way to do it with the Mobile Shell manager...
    END OF LINE
  19. #19  
    I've been usin ilauncher with spb shell and have my task manager from ilauncher mapped to the ok button one thing I like about ilauncher is the settings their are tons of ways to configure ilauncher plus the task manager has a screenshot utility built in.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.

Posting Permissions