Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was curious if it was possible to take the keylight on & keylight off mortscipts & combine them (automagically) with Scotty's chime script to set the keylights to turn off at 5am, & then turn itself back on at 5pm?

Not sure that made sense.

Thanks,
    Rich
    very possible I already wrote a script for that.I will dig it up tonight.

Phil C
  3.    #3  
    Sweet!
    I'd be interested in stealing some of this timing code for "TheForceCast" script I'm working on.

How much, Sling?

-- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Sweet!
    Rich I put README direction in zip.very simple install

UPDATE,
    I Add a small alert sound that can be heard at 5Am keylights off and 5pm keylights on.There is no device screen wake up on alert sound or keylight change so your saving some battery life

Enjoy
    Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/07/2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: updated zip 9:52 PM EST
    updated Keylight Timer with reminder chime on keylight value change with no screen wake up.
    so before I load this... is this going to chime every hour on the hour or is it going to chime only when it turns keylight on and off?

what I thought you guys were going to do with this was.... like the chime script, set treo keylight with a timed, or schedule. is there, or can there be, an adjustable timed/schedule for keylight? and a seprate one for remender? I would think that 5am screen light off with a chime would just wake some of us light sleepers up to early. lol.

if it where adjustable I would move it more towards 6 to 6 and then set the chimer to chime on the hour, between the 6am to 9pm hours.

I don't know if any of this is possible or if I am mis-understanding this whole timed/schedule thing.

all I know is i'm always checking this mort forums (everydays) and always excited to see what you guys come up with.

thanks guys for all your work, cody
  8.    #8  
    Phil,

I have your original with no chime at 5am & 5pm. Will that still work? I would prefer no chime, just auto lights on & auto lights off.

BTW, should I put the keylight awake file in the windows /startup folder so it auto starts?
  9.    #9  
    Cody,

I think to change the times, the first time 5,0 probably needs to be changed to 6 , 0 & the 17 would turn into 18 (military time).

Again, I am guessing on this.
    Yes first build works perfect.
    I added the alert sound to the second build so the user would be aware that there keylight setting had changed.It,s a small alert nothing that blows out eardrums.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    so before I load this... is this going to chime every hour on the hour or is it going to chime only when it turns keylight on and off?

what I thought you guys were going to do with this was.... like the chime script, set treo keylight with a timed, or schedule. is there, or can there be, an adjustable timed/schedule for keylight? and a seprate one for remender? I would think that 5am screen light off with a chime would just wake some of us light sleepers up to early. lol.

if it where adjustable I would move it more towards 6 to 6 and then set the chimer to chime on the hour, between the 6am to 9pm hours.

I don't know if any of this is possible or if I am mis-understanding this whole timed/schedule thing.

all I know is i'm always checking this mort forums (everydays) and always excited to see what you guys come up with.

thanks guys for all your work, cody
    There will be a small alert chirp when the keylight change takes effect...5am and 5pm
    Cody you can mode script time settings.very easy.It,s set at 5 and 17
    Change the 5,s to 6,s and the 17,s to 18,s in the (Keylight Awake.mscr)
    maybe not...Im taking a long script building break
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/07/2007 at 09:47 PM.
  14.    #14  
    Phil,

Thanks for putting this together, Its working great!

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Cody you can mode script time settings.very easy.It,s set at 5 and 17
    Change the 5,s to 6,s and the 17,s to 18,s in the (Keylight Awake.mscr)
    right on... i can do that much. lol

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    maybe not...Im taking a long script building break
    dont burn your self out. take a break, then come back and teach me. lol. then i start making them for you buddy.
    Ok, what am I doing wrong? It's not doing anything for me. I unzipped, placed the the correct place. Clicked on the mscr, and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Also, can you use the "No sound.mid" in place of the chirp. Is that an easy change?

Thanks!
    Is Mortscript.exe registered? When using file explorer, Do you see funky little icons on the .mscr files that look like a german piece of bratwurst rolled up inside flat gray sheet of Pumpernickel?

Seriously, do your files appear as shown (MortScript icons to the left)?

If not, find MortScript.exe on your device and run it (once) to register .mscr filetypes.

-- JDC
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18.    #18  
    Slingbox, can I substitute this code for the "ON.MSCR"?

Code:
    # Origins of this code can be found at: http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=132525
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 0
    And this code for "OFF.MSCR"?

Code:
    # Origins of this code can be found at: http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=132525
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 0 )
    For some reason your on code just turns the keylight on for 1 or 2 seconds while typing, then the keylight goes off.

The reason I ask, is I already tried this code & I am getting an error message (ON.MSCR cannot be found).

Thanks,
    Rich
    Rich im a little confused with your keylight only staying on for a couple sec .Please explain,
    When timer keylight changes take effect are you on device taping on keys.
    The reg write below are values used on slinghann but with toggle.
    They are also used in ON.mscr.The toggle is powering on device manually...

#ON.mscr-Keylights on

RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\ScreenOff", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    Rich I just tested the on.mscr above and it works fine.I set clock at 4:48 pm and started tryping away.The keylight did not blink on and off at 5:00 pm.The keylights stayed off.
    I then turned off then one device to find the keylights active so all is well.

If you have device on and 5:00 pm rolls around The keylight change will not kick in till you power on/off device .

If your not using device/screen off and 5:00 pm rolls around then you turn on device at 5:01 pm you will find the keylight value Change was made with keylights on.

Phil C

Also adding-We are in WM so at times the software and OS does not always agree.That was the case at 5:00 Pm today on your treo
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/08/2007 at 08:43 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast