Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaren View Post
    Ok, what am I doing wrong? It's not doing anything for me. I unzipped, placed the the correct place. Clicked on the mscr, and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Also, can you use the "No sound.mid" in place of the chirp. Is that an easy change?

Thanks!
    When you drop the (keylight timer folder) in Programs Files you must then open (Keylight Timer folder) then give the (keylight Awake.mscr)file a screen tap for timer to activate.
    The timer is then set.

No MORE ALERT SOUND
    In zip below are ON.mscr and OFF.mscr.
    Replace your egsising mscr files with
    ones located in zip and no more sound alert is had.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/08/2007 at 09:22 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Phil,

If I simply click on your "ON.MSCR", my keylights only come on for roughly 2 seconds. If I touch anything on the keypad the keyboard lights up for 2 seconds then turns off (the screen itself is still active).

However, when I use the other "keylight toggle code", when I turn it on, the keylights work like "factory".

Im having an issue, maybe its a Verizon WX issue? In any case, how can I substitute the other keylight toggle code (more lines of code) with the current 2 lines of code?

Simply renaming & replacing the code doesnt seem to work for me.

BTW, the app itself runs fine (script runs at 5pm) the actual keyboard functionality doesnt work for me (the on portion).

Thanks,
    Rich
    Your safe going with the older (on.mscr )that you posted.
    Do me a favor though,
    post the ON.mscr code that is causing this ruckus,Maybe I wrote somthing wrong in your version I posted then pulled 15 min later for the alert upgrade

edit,
    Heck post all three mscr files if you dont mind
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/08/2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: edit
  4.    #24  
    This code works for me:

Code:
    # Origins of this code can be found at: http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=132525
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 0 )
    This code causes the keyboard to light up for 2 seconds at a time.

Code:
    #ON.mscr-Keylights on

RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\ScreenOff", "kyl0:", 4 ) 
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    The only thing, is if I simply replace code 1 with code 2, the application isnt working for me.

Does the keyboard need to be lighted for starters? Does your script check to see if the kb is lit?

Thanks,
    Rich
    The timer pushes the On and OFF mscr files.Those files simple regwrite the -kyl0: value 4 to 0
    You have a space in between.Backspace RegwriteDword script lines

#ON.mscr-Keylights on
    ##########################< Spaceshould not be here
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\ScreenOff", "kyl0:", 4 )

It should look like this,

#ON.mscr-Keylights on

If the that doent work above
    Edit it to look like this,

#ON.mscr-Keylights on
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/08/2007 at 10:39 PM.
  6.    #26  
    If I just download your latest version will that one work for me properly?
    Yes..just replace the ON and OFF mscr,s with ones contained in zip post #21

Those are the ones I tested a couple post back and worked fine.

How to test.
    Make sure keylights are off
    1)Tap the ON.mscr
    2)Turn off treo
    3)Turn on treo
    keylights will then be on
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/08/2007 at 11:09 PM.
    Not to sound like Simon Cowell does on American Idol ("rude"), but I think that Rich tried those and they do the same thing to him as they did to me... cause our phones to act possessed.

What PPC u using, Sling. 700wx, right?

I think there's an anomaly with the 700w.

-- John

(btw, Simon is tone deaf, Randy is fat, and Paula is a Bill Clinton in reverse... but I'm not being rude)

Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Not to sound like Simon Cowell does on American Idol ("rude"), but I think that Rich tried those and they do the same thing to him as they did to me... cause our phones to act possessed.

What PPC u using, Sling. 700wx, right?

I think there's an anomaly with the 700w.

-- John

(btw, Simon is tone deaf, Randy is fat, and Paula is a Bill Clinton in reverse... but I'm not being rude)

In post 22 Rich says he has the 700wx.
    It would not matter if it was the W anyway.
    The values are the same on both models
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    In post 22 Rich says he has the 700wx.
    It would not matter if it was the W anyway.
    The values are the same on both models
    If it ain't code, I ignore it.

I guess I should have re-read this entire thread before I acted like Simon.

Sorry for that.

Anyway, I personally have some weird goings on with KeyLight.mscr. The lights get caugt in an ON/OFF loop. I usually have to reboot to get out of it.

Could be simptin on my end.

I juss dunno.

-- JDC
    Makes me wounder,
    hmm.Ive used this code as you know for months and not had any issue.
    The 700W can understand having glitch due to memory consumption being low at time.It sends the device into a tail spin.
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/08/2007 at 11:56 PM.
    # Keylight Awake.mscr - Keylight OFF 5AM ####### Keylight ON 5PM

# initialize variables
    CurrentHour = 0
    CurrentMinute = 0
    CurrentSecond = 0
    CurrentDay = 0
    CurrentMonth = 0
    CurrentYear = 0
    #Figure out what year, month, and day it is
    GetTime ( CurrentHour, CurrentMinute, CurrentSecond, CurrentDay, CurrentMonth, CurrentYear )
    If (CurrentHour < 5)
    RunAt( CurrentYear, CurrentMonth, CurrentDay, 5, 0, "\Program Files\Keylight Timer\OFF.mscr" )
    Rerun = Timestamp()+86401
    RunAt( Rerun, "\Program Files\Keylight Timer\Keylight Awake.mscr" )
    EndIf
    If ((CurrentHour < 17))
    RunAt( CurrentYear, CurrentMonth, CurrentDay, 17, 0, "\Program Files\Keylight Timer\ON.mscr" )
    Rerun = Timestamp()+43201
    EndIf
    If (CurrentHour >= 17)
    Rerun = Timestamp()+86401
    End
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )

%i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\Keylight Timer\Alert.wav"
    sleep 100
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf

%i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\Keylight Timer\Alert.wav"
    sleep 100
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf
    #################################################################
    Keylight off NO ALERT BEEP.

#OFF.mscr-Keylights off
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/09/2007 at 12:02 AM.
    Is there a way to build in a soft reset for the phone at the same time? I know that the Treo works better when you reset it a couple of times a day.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12