Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    A friend from another state saw me tethering to my 700P (using PDANet) and went out and bought a 750 and now is calling me saying that Cingular wants $60 per month to tether to his laptop. Will PDA net work with Cingular on a 750? Anybody out there successfully doing that?
    www.TigerRagTunes.com
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yes it works great on my Cingular 750. The KEY however, is that you have to disable both your wired and wireless networks when using PDANET. Otherwise you will continually get kicked off of the PDANET connection as your Windows computer consistently searches for networks on those enabled network ports. Also an incoming phone call will kick you off of the Internet, but I've found that thats ok since its then easy to just reconnect by selecting reconnect.
    works great with mine.
    Does this work on Sprint without having the tethered modem plan? so pay a one time purchase fee, and have all the internet you want for no monthly charge?
    Thanks
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Does this work on Sprint without having the tethered modem plan? so pay a one time purchase fee, and have all the internet you want for no monthly charge?
    Thanks
    Yes, pdanet will work with Sprint, although I have trouble with dropped connections using BT, even though I have downloaded hannip's BT stack. If I use pdanet with USB, it is fine. And although I don't use it often, I have never encountered extra charges or any other difficulty with Sprint, using the $15/month unlimited data plan.