Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Do any of you who are beta testing this app for the 700WX know when it will be available? I was glad to see I was not alone in missing KeyCaps when I did a forum search. Hopefully there will be an alternative soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife View Post
    Do any of you who are beta testing this app for the 700WX know when it will be available? I was glad to see I was not alone in missing KeyCaps when I did a forum search. Hopefully there will be an alternative soon.
    I have been testing it since the beta started and the company has been very slow to release the updates when bugs are found. Honestly, I don't know what is going on any longer.
    Similar thing happened with the release of it for Blackberry.

Many thought it was simply vaporware but then one day it was finally released.
    I'm running my next marathon for charity.

Click here and help me by donating online.
    They keep telling us they are going to release a new version but never do.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I totally forgot about Keycaps but I'd love to have it for my 700wx. That's something worth paying for.
    I assume it still breaks the keyguard? I guess it, with a combination of one of the device lock apps out there isn't a bad alternative...

Anyone know about the the power consumption of the device lock apps that turn the screen off and lock the device, but the device is still "on" (suspend mode sorta) vs when you use the red power button and the everything is off and only a hard button turns it back on?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    The beta I played with was not as good as keycaps IMO. I like how in keycaps, you can press a key twice for the alt key and hold it down to make the letter capital. With QCaps, you hold it down and a little box appears with the other options. Its not as fast as keycaps unless they change something in the final release.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    The beta I played with was not as good as keycaps IMO. I like how in keycaps, you can press a key twice for the alt key and hold it down to make the letter capital. With QCaps, you hold it down and a little box appears with the other options. Its not as fast as keycaps unless they change something in the final release.
    I agree, but it is better than what we have no which is nothing.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Interesting. I didn't realize how conditioned I had become on my 600. I keep holding a key or tapping twice, and I'm not getting caps or the alt key The 700WX is great though!
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post