1.    #1  
    Is it possible? I'd like to have the 4 way work as it currently does be selecting links... but I want the volume buttons to scroll the page.
    I don't think anyone has done it yet (volume keys), however you can keep your link-to-link scrolling with the up/down d-pad and have the right/left d-pad scroll per page.

IE Page Scroll Hack

-First, close out of Pocket IE if you already have it open
    -Then Using a wm5 registry editor (I used resco regedit): go to -
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\
    - Create a new key. Call it "KeyMaps" (without quotes)
    - Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "37" and give it a DWORD data value of "1" (without quotes)
    - Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "39" and give it a DWORD data value of "2" (without quotes)
    the final result should like like this:

Now go back in PIE
    The result is pretty simple
    Left of the 5-way will page up
    Right on the 5-way will page down (Works well only if you have menu>view->one column selected and you don't have to do any horizontal scrolling!)
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3.    #3  
    Thanks JGold... worked perfect.

I've used SmartsKey on my previous PDA's but it looks like people can't get it working with the 750.
    Nice hack JGold. How in the world do you figure something like that out? This is much easier than the control key method.

For those of you that can't or don't want to fool with the registry:
    Control Key + Up Dpad = page up
    Control Key + Down Dpad = page down
    Control Key + left Dpad = top of page
    Control Key + right Dpad = bottom of page

The control key is the white "square" to the left of the Z key on the 750.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT