1.    #1  
    What are the Cons/Pros of Motorola H700 bluetooth using with Treo 700w/wx?
    I have one it works well.

Pros
    When a call comes in I flip the boom open and by the time I get it on my ear the call connects.
    I have yet to have the headset to drop a call.

Cons
    More agenst the Treo I have to have 2 charging devices.
    Short battery life. I need to charge the headset every day.

Note make sure you get the "B" version. The model is SYN1311B. The A version sucks (SYN1311A).
    i would say that the battery life on the h700 is amazing but i guess i talk on it two hours max a day! but its fantastic!
    My H700 doesn't automatically answer when I flip open the mic. I have to press the talk button to answer. This is with a Sprint 700wx with the new bluetooth stack fix. I also have the B version. Does anyone else have this problem?
  5.    #5  
    My H700 also doesn't automatically answer when I flip open the mic. I have to press the button on the H700 or Answer on the phone.
    yea sometimes the mic doesnt answer calls when u flip it but pushing the button isn't so bad because this headset is pretty stable & it stays paired with my wx (something my jx-10 & plantronics 640 did NOT do)
    Last edited by untouchablez; 03/06/2007 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    My H700 also doesn't automatically answer when I flip open the mic. I have to press the button on the H700 or Answer on the phone.
    Do you have Phone alarm installed. I did notice that with Phonealarm installed my headset did not pick up. I recently did a hard reset and did not install phonealarm and my headset picks up without problems. I am also running the stock sprint BT stack.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Do you have Phone alarm installed. I did notice that with Phonealarm installed my headset did not pick up. I recently did a hard reset and did not install phonealarm and my headset picks up without problems. I am also running the stock sprint BT stack.
    Hmmm, interesting. I LOVE Phonealarm but I cannot live with out the BT headset!
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I never installed Phonealarm on my wx. What is BT stack? How/where do I install that.. So if I install BT stack fix, do u think I can just open the H700 mic and start talking instead of pressing the BT talk button..
    I tried a H700 on my wx and had tons of static, and had to return it last week. It was a "rev c" model (ie. H700C). Anyone else have issues with the C rev?
  11.    #11  
    Did Moto released a 'C' version? I have 'B' version.
  12.    #12  
    Any udate on H700 BT with Stack fix applied? Anyone noticed any difference?
    Yes, I tried the H700 after the stack update, but terrible static. I cannot comment if I had experienced static or not before the upgrade because I bought the headset after the stack update.

Once again, can't find a damn headset that sounds good and doesn't disconnect from the wx!
    I haven't had any problems with static, dropped bluetooth pairings, or low volume. Verizon wx users seem to be the ones complaining about the low volume after upgrading the bluetooth stack. I also wonder how many people with problems are using an authentic Motorola product.

However, I'm returning the earpiece because people have difficulty hearing me when I'm driving in the car. When there's any background noise, that's where the problem begins. When I'm in a quiet room, the sound quality is fine.

I had the Nokia BH900 before the Motorola and it worked perfectly with the new bluetooth stack. People could hear me clearly outside, in the car, in the mall, etc. I never had a bluetooth drop problem. People could never tell I was on a bluetooth earpiece. Then I lost my earpiece in a department store, and decided to give the Motorola H700 a try. I'm going back to Amazon to buy my replacement Nokia, and I'm returning the Motorola back to Staples.
  15.    #15  
    Here's my problem: I get a very clear quality when I am inside house/building. But as soon as I step out or walk'n'talk, the other person complains that they could hear lots of statics.. Would the new BT stack fix this issue? thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinomon View Post
    Here's my problem: I get a very clear quality when I am inside house/building. But as soon as I step out or walk'n'talk, the other person complains that they could hear lots of statics.. Would the new BT stack fix this issue? thanks..
    I have this problem too when I'm moving around with the static, and I have the new BT stack.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc View Post
    I have this problem too when I'm moving around with the static, and I have the new BT stack.
    Is there any static difference between before and after the new BT stack?
    I have the H700 and love it except that it constantly comes unpaired. It's impossible to know when or why by sometimes it makes it almost not worth the hassle...mind you i said almost, for me, for now the H700 still makes it worth it. I do get some static sometimes when i put the headset across my body or when the Treo can't see the headset, but for me i really only need uit to free up my hands and shoulders and not allow me to walk around the entire house.

P.S. I have a Treo 700wx
    -Parrott84

The Treo 700wx was a great device. Especially for one handed use, but it would be hard to give up my Mogul now.

myChristianConnection.org
    Quote Originally Posted by vandoc View Post
    My H700 doesn't automatically answer when I flip open the mic. I have to press the talk button to answer. This is with a Sprint 700wx with the new bluetooth stack fix. I also have the B version. Does anyone else have this problem?
    I have my phone's security settings set to "lock on powerup" and discovered that while the phone is locked, incoming calls cannot be answered by flipping open the mic on the H700 (although calls can be answered on the phone itself while the phone is locked). But when the phone is unlocked, all calls are quickly answered by flipping open the mic (after flipping open the mic, the H700's blue light comes on and there is just a brief pause before the call is answered -- about 2 or 3 seconds). I do not have a Treo, but maybe this will help someone. Equipment is Sprint Motorola Razr V3m phone and H700C headset.
    I have the H700 B version and my 750. My biggest complaint is (and it might be just this earpiece) that even though it's supposed to be off with the boom closed, often times I'll find it still routing to the headset on an incoming call when it's closed..or even worse, with the headset in my pocket, the button to redial on the headset actually makes the phone redial without me knowing it...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."