Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Why woudlen't it?

There are leaked photos of it running on the 750, so I would say the answer is a definite "yes"
    The architecture of both phones is similar enough, so I would imagine it would... I was just speculating, is all...

I'm just more of a realist. I honestly can't see the carriers throwing us a bone like that. I'd love to be wrong however. I'd LOVE it.
    END OF LINE
    Well if the rumors are true that Palm is about to be bought out by Nokia then I doubt we'll see any udates coming out from Palms end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawmen23 View Post
    How did you manage to pull that off? I bought my 700w the day it came out, and I think it's obsurd that I should pay another $500 just have the extra memory that should have came with it in the first place.
    Look at my post here...

http://dev.discussion.treocentral.co...01#post1211701

The rep admitted to me that they will be phasing out the W for the WX so all replacements should be WX's in the future. I hope mine is (it should be here tomorrow). This will only be my 2nd replacement so he couldn't guarantee me a WX but said I "might get lucky".
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    the update was free for the samsung: quote

"With only a small amount of guesswork I have discovered the link for the official WM5 upgrade, which some people are apparently hungering for on this forum!

http://download.vzwshop.com/vzw/sams...M5_Upgrade.exe

I installed this on my 730 (YE05 WM2003) this afternoon without a single problem. I imagine this is the final release but Verizon is holding off on making an official announcement for some unknown reason. Anyways, enjoy!"
    what is the update here on th wm6 did the person post anything new?
    Quote Originally Posted by mkjellman View Post
    the update was free for the samsung: quote

"With only a small amount of guesswork I have discovered the link for the official WM5 upgrade, which some people are apparently hungering for on this forum!

http://download.vzwshop.com/vzw/sams...M5_Upgrade.exe

I installed this on my 730 (YE05 WM2003) this afternoon without a single problem. I imagine this is the final release but Verizon is holding off on making an official announcement for some unknown reason. Anyways, enjoy!"
    That was a arre upgrade for a rare situation.

WM5 came out like a MONTH after the 730 release. After people paid 700.00 for this phone, they were livid. Samsung prominsed an upgrade, which came almost A YEAR LATER, if not more. Plus, the phone was, and in some ways still is, more capable than any other smartphone on the market. Tons of storage, 520mhz CPU, wifi, bt, etc. Add to that the fact that Samsung STILL hasn't released another pocket pc since, and its obvious they had to do it.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodycape77 View Post
    what is the update here on th wm6 did the person post anything new?
    Still waiting on the user to PM me back.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    littlepat: hadn't heard that side of the story...i came to verizon from cingular as the XV6700 was released, so i guess i only had half the story

too bad samsung couldn't make those specs in a more comfortable form factor...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Has anyone that submitted their phone through insurance received a WX in place of their W. I'd love to know when this starts to happen...Verizon would do us all a big favor by just doing it across the board for all 700w owners. But with Palm up for sale, I wouldnt expect much in terms of them going out of their way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    The architecture of both phones is similar enough, so I would imagine it would... I was just speculating, is all...

I'm just more of a realist. I honestly can't see the carriers throwing us a bone like that. I'd love to be wrong however. I'd LOVE it.
    Dont get me wrong. I am just talking about it being technically possible. I do not in any way beleive that sprint is going to upgrade the WX. MAybe the Q but not the WX.

That is just my worthless $.02.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Dont get me wrong. I am just talking about it being technically possible. I do not in any way beleive that sprint is going to upgrade the WX. MAybe the Q but not the WX.

That is just my worthless $.02.
    Hey - with a storied phone history like yours, I would say your $.02 is worth at least $.03 or $.04...

Let's just all quietly pray that something magnificent like that happens, and completely surprises us in the best way. Also, stay tuned for world peace, an end to hunger and homelessness, responsible and effective government, everyone winning the lottery, and a sharp temperature drop in certain underground eternal hangouts for evil people.
    END OF LINE
    what is the update here?
  13.    #33  
    Finally got an update and I'm sorry to say it wasn't true. I made this post initially because it was the first I had heard of it and was hoping someone could confirm. Guess that won't happen...
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    That was a arre upgrade for a rare situation.

WM5 came out like a MONTH after the 730 release. After people paid 700.00 for this phone, they were livid. Samsung prominsed an upgrade, which came almost A YEAR LATER, if not more. Plus, the phone was, and in some ways still is, more capable than any other smartphone on the market. Tons of storage, 520mhz CPU, wifi, bt, etc. Add to that the fact that Samsung STILL hasn't released another pocket pc since, and its obvious they had to do it.
    I have had an i730 for a year and a half and love it! Have you heard if the i730 is going to get Windows Mobile 6? Thanks.
    How did you get that? I wanted to upgrade my 700w for a 700wx but they wanted to charge me an arm and a leg. How did you get them to do a free ugrade?
    How did you get them to do that? I tried to upgarde my 700w for a 700wx, and they wanted to charge me an arm and leg. How did you get them to do that for free?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12