1.    #1  
    i currently have a 700w and i really want to switch to the wx... was wondering if anybody tried going through the insurance... my bro had a treo 650 but when the 700p came out the 650s got discontinued so when his phone broke and he went thru the insurance, they sent him a 700p instead of a 650... was hoping to do the same thing with my 700w, anybody have any info on this???
    I was actually thinking the same thing myself, but I have a feeling that besides conveniently finding a way to damage the phone and allow insurance to pick it up (I have heard Verizon is a stickler with it), Verizon would go to all lengths to supply with the w which they still have in stock. I think if you wanted to go to the bother of attempting your plan, you would need to wait untill VZW site is out of stock, and then call around locally to make sure ALL local stores are out, and then try it.....MAYBE it would work then. Let me know, as I mentioned, it wan through my mind as well (I am SOOOOO tickes Verizon picked up the wx in just over a week after my 15 day triel with the w!!!)!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mypantsaretorn View Post
    i currently have a 700w and i really want to switch to the wx... was wondering if anybody tried going through the insurance... my bro had a treo 650 but when the 700p came out the 650s got discontinued so when his phone broke and he went thru the insurance, they sent him a 700p instead of a 650... was hoping to do the same thing with my 700w, anybody have any info on this???
    I think it's a waste of time. They can probabaly come up with refurbs for who knows how long. Plus, with the insurance don't you have to pay around $50?

I just bought the wx and now have my w on eBay.