Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Wow...you are right. There are 3,679 Notifications in my queue. Holy crap!

pmClean wont get rid of them. Is there something free? or do I have to fork over some cash to buy memmaid or sktools?
    Ok, I did some searching, and I found ScaryBear's Free program:

http://www.scarybearsoftware.com/cn_overview.html

It worked and deleted 3,674 notifications, and now its downright speedy!

Thanks!
  3.    #103  
    Dang, that's a lot of events. lol

Glad I could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip
    I had envisioned a shared ScriptIcons.dll resource file containing the icons for scripts with installers that could be versioned by setting a registry field such as this.

[HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript]
    ScriptIconsVersion 6
    Are we using the registry of [HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript]? I'm modifying cDate to allow a menu, with a start/stop option. I want to write to a registry and want to use a common key for Mortscript scripts.
    That would be it..Just add a folder off the Mort's MortScript
    Cool. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbaren View Post
    Wow...you are right. There are 3,679 Notifications in my queue. Holy crap!

pmClean wont get rid of them. Is there something free? or do I have to fork over some cash to buy memmaid or sktools?

Are you sure it's safe? I thought I remembered reading it's not for WM5.
    So where are we installing our scripts? I remembered reading that we install them under \Windows\Start Menu\Mortscripts, but I thought I read on another thread that it's \Windows\Start Menu\Progarm Files\Scripts?

How about modify the first thread to state this information? Also include the registry location?
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 05/07/2007 at 09:52 AM.
    I would like to add a donation section in our text files included with our scripts. I don't care about any donations to myself regarding these scripts, since I make them for fun or as a challenge to myself. But I was suggestion to add a section to make a donation to mort@sto-helit.de. Since without Mortscript, we wouldn't be able to do allot of the things we are today. Plus, he's really made allot of advancements and one of the very few developers that I know that actually answers request, without a "Pay me" first attitude.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 05/08/2007 at 10:47 AM.
    Great Idea Eddie
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    So where are we installing our scripts? I remembered reading that we install them under \Windows\Start Menu\Mortscripts, but I thought I read on another thread that it's \Windows\Start Menu\Progarm Files\Scripts?

How about modify the first thread to state this information? Also include the registry location?
    The first post still stands. Simple scripts you can put in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript. Cab installs go to \Program Files\<your app name>. Links preferably with icons go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I would like to add a donation section in our text files included with our scripts. I don't care about any donations to myself regarding these scripts, since I make them for fun or as a challenge to myself. But I was suggestion to add a section to make a donation to mort@sto-helit.de. Since without Mortscript, we wouldn't be able to do allot of the things we are today. Plus, he's really made allot of advancements and one of the very few developers that I know that actually answers request, without a "Pay me" first attitude.
    Yeah, good idea, I know some of us have already been doing that in our README files. Repeat after me... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah, good idea, I know some of us have already been doing that in our README files. Repeat after me... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!... We must support Mort!
    I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are implying that We must support Mort.
  13.    #113  
    In the past there has been a limitation in the cab template for applications that need to kick off a script at startup or set off some scripts from the notification queue. Both of these issues have been tackled in the Treo Alerts beta 10 cab found here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=930

Here is what was done to get it to work perfectly.

1) The install script checks whether installing to the storage card or not and if so the MortScript.exe is still installed on the device which all of the app's scripts will use.

Code:
    # Make sure there is a MortScript.exe on the device for this app
    # even if installing to the storage card
    If ( Find( instPath, "\Storage Card" ) = 1 )
       msPath = SubStr( instPath, 14 )
       If ( NOT DirExists( msPath ) )
          MkDir( msPath )
       EndIf
       Copy( instPath \ "MortScript.exe", msPath \ "MortScript.exe", 1 )
    Else
       msPath = instPath
    EndIf
    2) Use shortcuts that call this MortScript.exe directly to launch scripts. Use the /wait=15 parameter so MortScript will wait up to 15 seconds for the storage card to become available at boot time.

Code:
    # install the app shortcuts. Use the MortScript.exe on the device
    CreateShortcut( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ALERTS.lnk",\
          """" & msPath \ "MortScript.exe"" """ & instPath \ "TREOSET.mscr""?ScriptIcons.dll,-124" )
    CreateShortcut( "\Windows\StartUp\TA.lnk",\
          """" & msPath \ "MortScript.exe"" /wait=15 """ & instPath \ "ALERT CONTROL.mscr""?ScriptIcons.dll,-124" )
    3) Once a script is launched it can call other scripts using CallScript. If you need to call a script using Run make sure you call it as a parameter of MortScript.exe. Here is an example of launching an app at install time.

Code:
    # kick off the control script
    KillScript( "ALERT CONTROL.mscr" )
    Sleep( 2000 )
    Run ( msPath \ "MortScript.exe", """" & instPath \ "ALERT CONTROL.mscr""" )
    4) If you need to run a script from the notification queue make sure to call it as a parameter of MortScript.exe.

Code:
    #Set when the script should run again, 2 minutes from the current time
    Rerun = Timestamp()+120
    RunAt( Rerun, msPath \ "MortScript.exe", "/wait=15 """ & myPath \ "REMIND.mscr""" )
    If you need to remove it from the notification queue you do the same.

Code:
    RemoveNotifications( msPath \ "MortScript.exe", "/wait=15 """ & myPath \ "REMIND.mscr""" )
    5) When uninstalling the app make sure to remove the app installed MortScript.exe from the device via the uninstall.mscr. Also remove the shortcuts and kill any running scripts.

Code:
    # Kill the control script
    KillScript( "ALERT CONTROL.mscr" )

# If app was installed on the storage card then delete MortScript.exe on the device
    # which was installed via the install.mscr
    If ( Find( instPath, "\Storage Card" ) = 1 )
       msPath = SubStr( instPath, 14 )
       If ( DirExists( msPath ) )
          Delete( msPath \ "MortScript.exe" )
          RmDir( msPath )
       EndIf
    EndIf

# delete shortcuts
    If ( FileExists( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ALERTS.lnk" ) )
       Delete( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ALERTS.lnk" )
    EndIf
    If ( FileExists( "\Windows\StartUp\TA.lnk" ) )
       Delete( "\Windows\StartUp\TA.lnk" )
    EndIf
    Following these steps will provide users of trouble free installs to the storage card.

Why not just have users install a common MortScript for all apps? Well the problem is that each app may require a different version of MortScript. Some scripts run only with 4.01 and others with 4.0. In fact if our cab installs follow the above steps you can have a common MortScript 4.0 installed and cab apps can use 4.01. I do this now since Xcast has issues with 4.01 and Treo Alerts uses many cool new features of 4.01. Best of both worlds.
  14.    #114  
    I've added a table of contents to the first post to make it easy for new developers to find things.
  15.    #115  
    ScriptIcons cab template has been updated with ScriptIcons.dll version 6.

Icon map:
    ResourceId : iconfile
    107 : keylight-1.ico
    108 : keylight-2.ico
    116 : vibe1.ico
    117 : tomtom1.ico
    118 : chimer.ico
    119 : nled3.ico
    120 : incall.ico
    121 : treoalert2.ico
    122 : treoalert3.ico
    123 : Alerts Interface.ico
    124 : ALERT REMINDER.ico
    125 : Treo alert blue2.ico
    126 : POCKETPDC-1.ico (32x32)
    127 : POCKETPDC2.ico (16x16)
    128 : Hannip of mort.ico
    129 : Vibrate.ico

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...75&postcount=4

Note that ScriptIcons.cab is installable by itself if you just want to install the ScriptIcons.dll icon resource for use in your shortcuts. ScriptIcons.dll is installed in the \Windows folder.
    Still waitin for slingbox to iconize my Pocket SportsCenter images so another rev will be needed once it's done

thanks!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Sling is going to work on icon magic this weekend
    Thanks Sling..resent the sports images and sent you an icon for pocket stock center that needs a 16x16 edition
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I found them last night.They will be done on the 4th July
    GREAT GREAT!!!!!.TA is stepping it up a notch.Hannip is very mort friendly and has been coding up a new version that has the full plugin choice or the Carrier plugin selection in one build.There is no more lite or full versions.
    Treo Alert 8.2 Professional Will be released for beta hmmm maybe tonight!!!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast