Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    ScriptIcons cab template has been updated with ScriptIcons.dll version 6.

Icon map:
    ResourceId : iconfile
    107 : keylight-1.ico
    108 : keylight-2.ico
    116 : vibe1.ico
    117 : tomtom1.ico
    118 : chimer.ico
    119 : nled3.ico
    120 : incall.ico
    121 : treoalert2.ico
    122 : treoalert3.ico
    123 : Alerts Interface.ico
    124 : ALERT REMINDER.ico
    125 : Treo alert blue2.ico
    126 : POCKETPDC-1.ico (32x32)
    127 : POCKETPDC2.ico (16x16)
    128 : Hannip of mort.ico

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...75&postcount=4

Note that ScriptIcons.cab is installable by itself if you just want to install the ScriptIcons.dll icon resource for use in your shortcuts. ScriptIcons.dll is installed in the \Windows folder.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/12/2007 at 08:43 PM.
    hmmm were is the yoda icon
    I didn't know this thread existed. I'm going to have to read through the posts thoroughly and I might have to do a rewrite of my script.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    ScriptIcons cab template has been updated with ScriptIcons.dll version 6.

Icon map:
    ResourceId : iconfile
    107 : keylight-1.ico
    108 : keylight-2.ico
    116 : vibe1.ico
    117 : tomtom1.ico
    118 : chimer.ico
    119 : nled3.ico
    120 : incall.ico
    121 : treoalert2.ico
    122 : treoalert3.ico
    123 : Alerts Interface.ico
    124 : ALERT REMINDER.ico
    125 : Treo alert blue2.ico
    126 : POCKETPDC-1.ico (32x32)
    127 : POCKETPDC2.ico (16x16)
    128 : Hannip of mort.ico

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...75&postcount=4

Note that ScriptIcons.cab is installable by itself if you just want to install the ScriptIcons.dll icon resource for use in your shortcuts. ScriptIcons.dll is installed in the \Windows folder.

Thanks!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Probably not the right place to post this, but I didnt see anything like it elsewhere. Can someone type up a sticky to explain the basics to people who want to use mortcript and these scripts? Explain things like

"If I install mortscript, and click it to run, and click on a script to start it, if I do a (soft) reset, will I have to restart mortscript and rerun the script?"

"Can I add mortscript to my startup menu?"

"Is there a script written to auto-start mortscript and run scripts that I have in my scripts folder?"

and so on and so on....
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaren View Post
    "If I install mortscript, and click it to run, and click on a script to start it, if I do a (soft) reset, will I have to restart mortscript and rerun the script?"
    You treat Mortscript apps like a regular app. If you click on Calendar, perform a soft reset, will Calendar automatically start? No, you have to run Calendar again. The same applies to Mortscript scripts. Unless the app/script has an autostart option, it will not autostart. You can place the script or a shortcut to the script in \windows\startup if you want them to automatically run at each device soft reset.

Yes

"Is there a script written to auto-start mortscript and run scripts that I have in my scripts folder?"
    Keep in mind, Mortscript has to be installed and registered on your PPC. You just need to click on Mortscript.exe so .mscr extensions will register and run. If you have allot of scripts to run, you can probably do what I suggested regarding creating a shortcut in \windows\startup.
    once mortscript is registered, it does not require re-starting Mortscript.exe to re-register after a reset.
    Ok, here's my problem. Crazy.eddie says that I need to restart mortscript.exe after a reset, yet jdcochran says that it doesn't. Does anyone think this is confusing?

If individual scripts need to be restarted after a reset, wouldnt it be easier to place them in the start up directory when installing?
    Ok, here's my problem. Crazy.eddie says that I need to restart mortscript.exe after a reset, yet jdcochran says that it doesn't. Does anyone think this is confusing?

If individual scripts need to be restarted after a reset, wouldnt it be easier to place them in the start up directory when installing?
    You're getting Mortscript.exe and Mortscript scripts confused. Once Mortscript.exe is registered, it's fine. You can perform as many soft resets as you want, and Mortscript.exe will stay registered. You need to look at the actual script. These usually have extensions of .mscr. If the script doesn't autostart itself or is not in the \windows\startup and you want it to start at each soft reset, then you need to place it or a shortcut in \windows\startup. I know a few scripts already autostart after a soft reset, such as cDate and Treo Alert.
    To make it a bit clearer...

The MortScript interpreter itself (MortScript.exe) usually doesn't need to be started itself, unless you copied the binaries from the Zip or - on some devices - used the CAB installer. I've no clue why, since installing with the PC exe does just copy the CAB (which is contained compressed in the .exe) and automatically launches it on the device. Maybe WM uses different security levels or it's a bug). Anyway, once .mscr is assigned to MortScript.exe, Window won't forget this until a hard reset.
    The scripts themselves are just like any other application or document. Unless they're not restarted by putting them in \Windows\Startup (resp. \Windows\Autostart or any other localization), they won't be open anymore after a soft reset.

Putting a link to MortScript.exe there would only unnecessarily nag you with registration messages, copying MortScript.exe would waste space and cause troubles when you want to use the ZIP functions, as mortzip.dll would be searched in the startup folder, too.
    Scripts however can be put there of course. Technically, it's the same as if you put any .psw or .txt file there: It's opened by it's associated app, in that case PocketWord, with .mscr it's MortScript.exe.

I don't know of any, and I don't see much use in it. Only a few scripts use endless loops, so you'd better put those few to the startup folder.
    All other scripts are better invoked when required. You don't want to rotate the screen, backup a folder, and restore it at the same time, do you?
  11.    #91  

Describe to us what app you have installed and the steps you did to recreate your problem. Then we can try to recreate it to better understand what your issue is. Also are you installing to your sd card or directly to the device? If you have installed MortScript.exe to the SD card and have a script in your startup folder it most likely won't work since at boot time the sd card might not be available yet.
    I have the Keylight Timer installed, and when I do a soft reset, I get hundreds of messages that it cant start keylight awake or on or off. So much so that it slows my treo down to almost no movement, and I can click the X hundreds of times and it still doesnt lose all the messages I get. I try to reset again, and it happens again. I have to click on File Explorer, wait 5 to 10 minutes for it to pop up, click on the folders until I get to the mortscript exe (like 20 or 30 mins) and restart/reinstall it so that the keylight awake or on or off will finally start and the messages will stop appearing. I tried taking everything out of the startup menu, yet it still causes the same problems. I did a hard reset and did a restore from a few days ago, and I am still getting the same problem. It almost seems like the script is starting simultaneously when an alarm is going off, and a SMS alert is coming in, or a phone call is coming in, and when multiple things start when a script is starting, everything locks up.

I hope this makes sense to you guys.
    Maybe we should have dbaren install the standalone mortscript cab file and see if that makes a difference. I think this issue started creeping up on us when we began including the mortscript exe in our own cab installs, even if our shortcut links were set properly to have the script executed as a parameter of mortscript.exe...

unzip the attached, extract out the cab file (it's in a folder called cab within the zip), transfer it to your device (anywhere's fine), then click on it in file explorer to install it....

after that's done, try a soft reset (assuming one of the scripts you are using is still activated), and see if the problem goes away.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also, since we are including the mortscript.exe in our individual cab files, maybe hannip we need to modify the install script to make the same reg entries that the mortscript cab makes to properly register the app?

15.    #95  
    We could do the registration, but I'm not sure it's going to solve dbaren's problem. I wonder if his notification queue is messed up. Let's see if his problems go away after installing the MortScript cab. Else I think it's time to run memmaid or sktools to delete dupes and any other event that is calling scripts.

There is a reason why I don't register MortScript in our cab installs. It's for those of us that like to have the latest and greatest MortScript installed and for those that might have an old versoin installed that might not support the app features. The cab application shortcuts are suppose to use the MortScript.exe that is installed with app for compatibility. I've noticed that some cabs haven't been doing this and that is the reason for example that Sling needs a troubleshoot for his apps. It's easily fixed by making the shortcut have MortScript.exe call the script as apposed to making the OS search for the exe to use.

I guess we could change the cab installs to check for a registered MortScript and if it's not there register the one that is being installed, but I would prefer that everyone setup their shortcuts properly.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/20/2007 at 07:57 PM.
  16.    #96  
    I have the Keylight Timer installed
    What is Keylight Timer?
  17.    #98  
    Ah, as I suspected, it's your notification queue that is filled up with events. This has nothing to do with how our cabs work momo, the Keylight Timer isn't installed from a cab.

dbaren I hope you didn't put that awake script in your startup folder cuz each time you soft reset it would add more events to the notification queue. You might have to hard reset and reinstall your programs unless you can manage to get memmaid or sktools installed to remove all the duplicate events on the notification queue.
    pardon an oldbie question, but how can one "see" what's in the queue?

-- JDC
  19.    #100  
    I use SKTools. It has a feature to view, check for dupes, add or delete items on the queue.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast