Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have morticons installed on treo.I have tomtom stealth in mortscript folder,then I moved it to it's own file located in programs ,then I put it in morticons .A pretty icon shows in morticon folder,stealth folder,mortscript folder but not in programs /start.I get a pretty box
    P.S
    I do have that new cool Treo keylight icon showing everywhere I put it
  2.    #42  
    If you want me to check out what you are doing send me your cab and I'll look it over.

Scotty's about ready to release TreoVibe cab!
    here it comes.....

DONE!
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/06/2007 at 06:34 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #44  
    MortIcons cab template has been updated with MortIcons.exe version 3.

Icon map:
    ResourceId : iconfile
    107 : keylight-1.ico
    108 : keylight-2.ico
    116 : vibe1.ico
    117 : tomtom1.ico
    118 : chimer.ico

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...75&postcount=4
    Hey, what happens when the following code is executed on platforms running various Mort Releases?

MortExe = SystemPath("ScriptExe") \ "MortScript.exe"
    MortVer = FileVersion( MortExe )
    Message ("MortVer = " &MortVer)
    Exit

For 4.0RC11, it's "4.0.0.4". Was this release info different in previous releases?

Just curious if I can do some error checking and abort or offer alternatives for legacy installs.

-- JDC
    I just upgraded my work PC to PC version of RC11. Code above produced same results before and after upgrade.

7.    #47  
    MortIcons cab template has been updated with MortIcons.exe version 4.

Icon map:
    ResourceId : iconfile
    107 : keylight-1.ico
    108 : keylight-2.ico
    116 : vibe1.ico
    117 : tomtom1.ico
    118 : chimer.ico
    119 : nled3.ico
    120 : incall.ico

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...75&postcount=4

Note that MortIcons.cab is installable by itself if you just want to install the MortIcons.exe icon resource for use in your shortcuts. MortIcons.exe is installed in the \Windows folder.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/10/2007 at 07:37 AM.
    I just installed it by pasting it in windows..... those new icons look good I must say
  9.    #49  
    Yes, thanks again fearthefox for your artistic talent!

A word of caution on pasting in MortScript.exe to \Windows. There is a method to my madness of not making MortIcons.exe available without the cab install. This is a versioned file and there is a reference counter associated with it. If you extract MortIcons.exe from the cab and paste it in manually you are not updating your registry with the version and reference count increment. If you are worried about the extra files that get installed with the cab taking up space, just install it to your storage card where that isn't a concern.
    hannip... there was no cab in the link you provided just a zipped exe file
  11.    #51  
    Ack! I zipped up the wrong file. I've uploaded the zipped cab now. Thanks fearthefox for letting me know of my screwup! Even Yoda can make a mistake now and then. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Ack! I zipped up the wrong file. I've uploaded the zipped cab now. Thanks fearthefox for letting me know of my screwup! Even Yoda can make a mistake now and then. lol
    Hannip take a look inside this cab for me plaes and tell me what the heck im doing wrong.Everthing is going in correct yet programs does not show icon just script icon
    TomTom Stealth
    Attached Files Attached Files
  13.    #53  
    Here you go Sling. All you were missing was the wrong lnk name in the uninstall script. Also remember that once an icon sets in with a shortcut it stays there until you soft reset even if you point to a different icon.

Fixed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 03/10/2007 at 07:14 PM.
    Hannip I just spent 3 hours working on this figured it out come to find you posted the fix lol lol

I do want to take a look on how you did it I feel it will save me major time
    And yes I figured out the softreset.It kept on showing keylight icon with tomtom stealth label
    Thanks.We had the same thing going yet missing link.The softreset helped
  16.    #56  
    I've started using the key [HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript] to store script created registry values. I propose that new scripts that write new key values to the registry should probably all use this key or a folder under it.

Ex. The NLED app could put registry values under
    [HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript\NLED]

Why? Cuz it would be nice to consolidate these values to make them easy to find and easy to clean up after.

Comments?
    Last edited by hannip; 03/12/2007 at 12:54 AM.

lol
  18.    #58  
    MortScript 4.0 Final is available:

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=view&entry=65
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    sweet
    Pretty fresh Build.The Mortscript.exe was droped in cab file at
    11:41 am .
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast