Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    You'll only use the additional memory occasionally? I think you would find when moving from the W to WX that you will not get the same lock-ups/crashes/freezing that you get on a daily basis with the W. Or at least I got from my W.
    Luckily, I've learned to manage my phone's memory, or lack thereof. Oxios and Memaid are wonderful. I must have a reliable BT as I multi-task constantly (i.e. talk while doing other things) and a wired solution isn't an option. I'll wait until Palm fixes the WX or intros a new device.
    Deltaflyer,
    I was the same way and learned to live comfortably in my tiny space using Oxio, MemMaid and Wisbar Lite. It was quite an adjustment going from the XV6600's 128MB shared memory. In any case I think I could have continued that way for another year.

However, I couldn't resist the additional memory because there were several apps which I registered and/or needed but could not use because of the memory limitations : Wisbar Advance 2, Pocketbreeze, Pocket Weather, true-push email, company VPN & instant messaging. Now I can run everything at once and take phone calls. The upgrade has enabled me to get away from my laptop more and have a life.

Fortunately, I'm having zero BT problems using a Moto 820, Moto H500, and a Jabra 8010. I recently purchased a Jawbone and I'm not sure how reliable it will be with the Treo though. It has disconnected a couple of times but I'm thinking that it was because I also established an activesync BT connection.

I don't think most people are having the BT problems reported here.
    Beryl,

Thanks for the update. I wonder if the Plantronics HS are more prone to disconnects than other makes?

Our corporate VZ rep will be on campus tomorrow to discuss their new global Blackberry. I've been invited to a meeting with him where I plan to discuss some issues related to the Treo. I don't know how forthcoming he will be with any information, but it won't hurt to ask.
    Deltaflyer,
    Please ask about Blackberry Connect. I need reliable Lotus Notes email and don't want a Blackberry. I might consider one when/if Skype and Slingplayer code is made available for the BB, however.

Give the Jabra 8010 a try. I'm really loving this HS.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deltaflyer View Post
    Luckily, I've learned to manage my phone's memory, or lack thereof. Oxios and Memaid are wonderful. I must have a reliable BT as I multi-task constantly (i.e. talk while doing other things) and a wired solution isn't an option. I'll wait until Palm fixes the WX or intros a new device.
    I hear you. I used Oxios and MEMMaid on my W as well. I stil use MEMMaid on my WX. Hopefully, Palm will straighten out this BT disaster.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Apparently, the A2DP "fix" addresses only the Sprint WX and not the VZW WX.
    I thought the A2DP fix that works for Sprint phones was taken from the VZW 700wx?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I thought the A2DP fix that works for Sprint phones was taken from the VZW 700wx?
    I believe you are correct. Kind of ironic, isn't it?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Robdam, have you any trouble with your wx and a car kit? I've gone back to my 700w because my wx just keeps disconnecting all the time. My Motorola H700 works perfectly, but I hate wearing it while driving. I am open to any ideas you or anyone else might have. I have spent several hours (4-5 each) with VZW and Palm. On my 2nd unit before going back to my w. Thanks.
    Please try this on a FREE trial before sending the wx back. I tried it with my w a while back and it helped with some bluetooth functionality. Please report back your findings. Thanks

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/purchase.html
    Quote Originally Posted by brothermike View Post
    Please try this on a FREE trial before sending the wx back. I tried it with my w a while back and it helped with some bluetooth functionality. Please report back your findings. Thanks

http://www.jetwaremobile.com/bthfx/purchase.html
    The only thing I don't like about this extension is the HS connects before the phone starts ringing which doesn't allow the ring tone thru the HS. Otherwise, it's a good app.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    This looks like a great program, but I can't get the CAB file to download. Did you have trouble? If so what did you do?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharron View Post
    Robdam, have you any trouble with your wx and a car kit? I've gone back to my 700w because my wx just keeps disconnecting all the time. My Motorola H700 works perfectly, but I hate wearing it while driving. I am open to any ideas you or anyone else might have. I have spent several hours (4-5 each) with VZW and Palm. On my 2nd unit before going back to my w. Thanks.
    My car kit is charge only. Works great, it's the BT connectivity with the phone that sucks apples.

http://www.proclipusa.com/?sectionpa...p_leftorright=
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I agree about the bluetooth. My w works great and I will use it until there is a fix for this joke of BT on the WX. VZW and Palm both say there is nothing different between the 2. Guess they don't use their own products!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I tried the jetware program and for the most part it seems to work well, but I am still having problems with my wx disconnecting from my carkit, though they don't seem to be as often. Has anyone heard anything from VZW or Palm that either has acknowledged a problem with the BT on the wx?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    They still say there is no problem. Everyone needs to call both Verizon and Palm and complain about this problem. They say nothing is documented on this issue.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I sent a long complaint to Palm 2 days ago and I usually get a reply in 24 hours, still nothing. Could they be reading fourms to hear of the issue??? NOT!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123