Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have a new 700WX and am finding the USB cable difficult to remove from the Treo. I really have to pull out it to get it out to the point I'm worried it could break. Is there something I am supposed to push to release it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife View Post
    I have a new 700WX and am finding the USB cable difficult to remove from the Treo. I really have to pull out it to get it out to the point I'm worried it could break. Is there something I am supposed to push to release it?

Nothing to push. the button in the cable is a sync button for palm os treos.

my wx is the same way. I would just say pull it out straight instead of an angle to aviod breaking anything...
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Yep, it is a bit tight and it almost seems like I am going to break the phone and/or cable-connector every time I sync. Fortunately, I only sync when installing/removing new programs which isn't too often.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Buy a cradle off ebay for a few bucks. Much better removing the Treo than yanking off the USB.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Buy a cradle off ebay for a few bucks. Much better removing the Treo than yanking off the USB.

Very true... ,my 700wx does well with the OEM palm cradle I used with my 700w. Still a tighter fit than the 700w, but it is better than the cable.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Oh and robdam, what's up with the animated "avatar" it has to go!

Just kiddin dood, I saw some peeps giving you shyt about it... hahaha, I think it is hilarious....
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    Oh and robdam, what's up with the animated "avatar" it has to go!

Just kiddin dood, I saw some peeps giving you shyt about it... hahaha, I think it is hilarious....
    Thanks E, I never would have imagined that some uptight folks are so "bothered" by a ridiculous signature...I mean c'mon people! C-H-I-L-L..............
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks, y'all.

At the risk of sounding like an *****, how do sync so infrequently robdam? I'm frequently needing to update my calendar between my laptop and Treo as I make appts in both depending on which is easier at the moment. And please don't give up the animated signature! I find it amusing (much more so than before I figured out what the guy was saying) and can easily spot your posts which I like to read since you are also a new WX user.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife View Post
    Thanks, y'all.

At the risk of sounding like an *****, how do sync so infrequently robdam? I'm frequently needing to update my calendar between my laptop and Treo as I make appts in both depending on which is easier at the moment. And please don't give up the animated signature! I find it amusing (much more so than before I figured out what the guy was saying) and can easily spot your posts which I like to read since you are also a new WX user.
    I use 4smartphone exchange service. It syncs calendar, email, contacts, tasks wirelessly. $80 per year. I only need to usb-cable tether my WX when I am installing new software, ( or I can email the .cab file so no cabling would be needed), or when I want to transfer my back ups from the SD card to my PC.

Thanks for the props on the siggy!
    Last edited by robdam; 03/06/2007 at 06:46 AM. Reason: forgot to add one last thought
    Treo 700WX - VZW